+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grambling/SWAC Class

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Grambling/SWAC Class

Warning---News Star Story

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...TES02/90128016

Sorry for using the NS but this is the only article I could find on the matter. Fox and Co. were talking about this story just about all day to day and I hadn't seen a thread on it.

To sum up the story for those with the boycott still going on, Grambling was scheduled to play Talladega College Tuesday night. Well when Talladega showed up they were told the game would be delayed by 30 minutes because the refs were on their way. 20 minutes later Grambling officials informed Talladega that the game would be canceled because no officials were going to show up.

Was this a simple mistake by the SWAC office to forget there was a game that they needed to send refs to? Or was this an act by Grambling who was simply afraid of losing to a small school at home. For the record, Talladega is in their 1st season of basketball and has already beaten 4 SWAC teams this season. Those counting, that is 1 more than Grambling has beaten.

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

Re: Grambling/SWAC Class

It would seem to me that they could have found the same junior high school refs that called our game.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Warning---News Star Story

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...TES02/90128016

Sorry for using the NS but this is the only article I could find on the matter. Fox and Co. were talking about this story just about all day to day and I hadn't seen a thread on it.

To sum up the story for those with the boycott still going on, Grambling was scheduled to play Talladega College Tuesday night. Well when Talladega showed up they were told the game would be delayed by 30 minutes because the refs were on their way. 20 minutes later Grambling officials informed Talladega that the game would be canceled because no officials were going to show up.

Was this a simple mistake by the SWAC office to forget there was a game that they needed to send refs to? Or was this an act by Grambling who was simply afraid of losing to a small school at home. For the record, Talladega is in their 1st season of basketball and has already beaten 4 SWAC teams this season. Those counting, that is 1 more than Grambling has beaten.
    If you don't want to click the News-Star link, try this:

Grambling cancels game with Talladega College
    http://www.dailyhome.com/sports/2009...-9a28w5242.htm

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

Grambling State's web site couldn't even get their opponent's name right. GSUTigers.com says that Tuesday night's game with Tougaloo was canceled and won't be rescheduled.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Its funny that the folks on the News Star defending Grambing are placing the blame on the SWAC (simple scheduling problem) but the article you linked in makes a few things pretty clear ...

“When we get to the gym they notify us that the referees were running late,” Cross said by phone on Wednesday afternoon. “So they had to delay the tip for 7:30. About 20 minutes later they come and get me out of the locker room and say the SWAC failed to assign the officials and they just needed to cancel the game and have a safe trip back and we’ll mail you the guaranteed money.
    “I offered to try to make sense of the situation and they were just blaming everything on the SWAC. Then I even offered to stay another night and play the game on Wednesday, but they were adamant about not playing the game.”
    Duane Lewis, assistant commissioner for the SWAC, said Wednesday, “the home team is responsible for ensuring officials for the game.”

Somebody doesn't have their story straight ....

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Grambling long ago outlived its usefulness.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Varsity Bulldog digidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the ears digidawg87's Avatar

I saw the Talladega team eating at Cane's Tuesday night. The players didn't seem to be worried about not having played that night. I bet the seven hour bus ride back that night was a long one.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Grambling long ago outlived its usefulness.
    They keep auditors emplyed.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Just my opinion, but it seems to me that one team shouldn't have all the power in cancelling game that has already been scheduled.

+ Reply to Thread