+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a Fact

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

It's a Fact

Yes, it's a fact that I believe Magnum Rolle is the best college basketball player we've had at Tech in the last 15 years. His height and weight remind me of a player TECH recruited from Winnfield more than 15 years ago.

As expected, there was disagreement with my opinion. Others believed Paul Millsap to be better. No doubt that Paul was a force inside and had amazing rebounding instincts but, overall, Magnum has better skills.

What's your opinion?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: It's a Fact

Best college basketball player or best male college basketball player?

Big Dog TruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the rough TruDawg's Avatar

Paul Millsap was a better overall player in my opinion, but at times, Rolle can seem like a force that can't be stopped ( scoring the first ten points against Boise)

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I probably shouldn't say this but I don't get your question. Isn't it the same thing?

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

It is my opinion that Rolle is a better offensive skill player, but Millsap would own him in the paint and is more of a mentally tough player. Rolle has the finesse game but lacks toughness.

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

i just dont see Rolle as the best...

granted I havent seen him play a whole lot, but until he puts this team on his shoulders and starts to get some W's...

he is just another player with lots of potential.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    but until he puts this team on his shoulders
    10-10 from the field last game.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    10-10 from the field last game.

....but we lost. He has to get more aggressive, demand the ball, go 18-22 and carry the Dawgs to a win

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

i just dont see Rolle as the best...

granted I havent seen him play a whole lot, but until he puts this team on his shoulders and starts to get some W's...

he is just another player with lots of potential.
    you left out the most important part dawg dude...W's

is this why he is the greatest player in the last 15 years cause he went 10 for 10 in a loss?

I just dont see it...I think he is a good player and he will help this team this year and next...

Paul's Junior year, he averaged 19.6 pts and 13.3 boards and the team went 20-13.
    Rolle is averaging 11.8 and 7.1 for an 8-12 team.

Paul is 3 or so inches shorter and played hard, every play.

Paul Millsap is the better over all player in my opinion.

you left out the most important part dawg dude...W's

is this why he is the greatest player in the last 15 years cause he went 10 for 10 in a loss?

I just dont see it...I think he is a good player and he will help this team this year and next...
    Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Paul's Junior year, he averaged 19.6 pts and 13.3 boards and the team went 20-13.
    Rolle is averaging 11.8 and 7.1 for an 8-12 team.

Paul is 3 or so inches shorter and played hard, every play.

Paul Millsap is the better over all player in my opinion.
    Basketball is still a team game. The wins will come when our players play as a team for an entire game. Magnum certainly needs to play well but we don't need to expect Magnum to carry the team. There's a lot of talent on this team. Several of them have the ability to step up. Kyle Gibson and Jamel Guyton have, at times, carried the load and Olu is playing extremely well the last few games. The team has shown that it can dominate the best of the WAC but they have yet to play a complete team game. We have lost leads when we got away from playing smart team basketball. I haven't seen this as a problem with Magnum Rolle.

Remember, Keith Richard ran every play through Paul Millsap. If a player did not get the ball in Paul's hands and took a shot that Richard didn't like, that player would get benched. Defenses soon realized the gameplan and collapsed on Paul. This made it hard for the team to win.

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Basketball is still a team game. The wins will come when our players play as a team for an entire game. Magnum certainly needs to play well but we don't need to expect Magnum to carry the team. There's a lot of talent on this team. Several of them have the ability to step up. Kyle Gibson and Jamel Guyton have, at times, carried the load and Olu is playing extremely well the last few games. The team has shown that it can dominate the best of the WAC but they have yet to play a complete team game. We have lost leads when we got away from playing smart team basketball. I haven't seen this as a problem with Magnum Rolle.

Remember, Keith Richard ran every play through Paul Millsap. If a player did not get the ball in Paul's hands and took a shot that Richard didn't like, that player would get benched. Defenses soon realized the gameplan and collapsed on Paul. This made it hard for the team to win.
    And this is my point. The other teams knew he was going to get it, he went for basically 20 and 13 a night and the team was a winner. Richard went through Paul because he was that good, and Paul did not force the shot all the time, he distributed it back out. Maybe Richard is smarter than Rupp. Rolle needs to get "Country Strong"

HoDo, it is a good argument. It is not like we are comparing Karl Malone and Kenneth Cooper.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    I probably shouldn't say this but I don't get your question. Isn't it the same thing?
    Women play college basketball, don't they?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Until this team starts winning, how good he is really doesn't matter. He won't be noticed on the national scene until we do something on the court. He appears to have all the tools, but not the tough mentality YET.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

My top 3 over the last 15 years -

1) Gerrod Henderson - I honestly think that no one played harder and wanted to win more who wore a Tech jersey over the last 20 years than this player - and he was good REAL good - biggest thing he made the other players on the court BETTER because of the way he played

2) Paul Millsap - best rebounder that I have ever seen - pro or college - he just had a God-given talent for using his body and being able to out work larger players - may not have been as good offensively but improved each and every year he played

3) Lonnie Cooper - we had NOTHING when he signed with TECH - NOTHING. He stepped on the court his freshman year and didn't step off until he graduated - was money from the FT line (lead the nation one year) and was a point guard who could score if needed

Right now I don't think I would even place Rolle in my top 5 -

I think Tiger Meeking is clearly #4 pushing Cooper for #3 and then Marco Cole/Craig Jackson #5...

The jury is still out on Rolle - he is a good player but he has been hit or miss so far this year with several nagging injuries...

+ Reply to Thread