+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Spencer Keith: May Walk On - BleedTechBlue

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

QB Spencer Keith: May Walk On - BleedTechBlue

Hot News for QB Spencer Keith

More...

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: QB Spencer Keith: May Walk On - BleedTechBlue

hm

I feel sorry that the dude didn't get any offers. He mentioned visiting NMSU, MTSU, and Kent state but still didn't get any.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I tell you what. I just don't understand it. I'm probably about to piss some people off, but this is the reason why I'm still not 100% sold on Dooley and his staff's coaching ability. Here's a kid who was the offensive MVP in the state. Threw for ungodly numbers. Seems to have recovered from his knee injury judging from his film. Looking at his film, he's every bit as accurate as the qb we signed with seemingly a stronger arm and a very quick release. He goes through his progressions. He looks like he has all the tools you would look for in a qb. Now i'm not saying we should have signed him in place of Doak. I'm excited we got Doak. What I'm saying is that based on our history over the past 3 years with qbs, we should have signed another qb in addition to Doak and this should have been the kid. Meanwhile, Dooley and company want to keep a lazy worthless piece of crap on scholarship just because he has NFL potential at DL. I say he should have had his ass kicked off when he didn't make his grades after last summer or this fall at the latest which would have freed up a spot for Spencer. Spencer, just judging by his film and numbers, seems to have as much potential as that lazy assed DL.
    Basically what I'm saying is it seems obvious that we haven't had a qb that Dooley felt comfortable with until Hardin transferred and Doak signed. That's only 2 qbs that might do something. There's no guarantee on those guys. So, why not have a 3rd qb that might be a project that has shown he can produce? It's obvious Ensminger isn't going to be playing anytime soon. In fact, I'd bet dollars to donuts he's only still on scholarship because Dooley wants to stay on his Dad's good side because of his SEC coaching connections and because of the tie in to West Monroe.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Where did Hardin transfer from?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Where did Hardin transfer from?
    Southern Miss
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I tell you what. I just don't understand it. I'm probably about to piss some people off, but this is the reason why I'm still not 100% sold on Dooley and his staff's coaching ability. Here's a kid who was the offensive MVP in the state. Threw for ungodly numbers. Seems to have recovered from his knee injury judging from his film. Looking at his film, he's every bit as accurate as the qb we signed with seemingly a stronger arm and a very quick release. He goes through his progressions. He looks like he has all the tools you would look for in a qb. Now i'm not saying we should have signed him in place of Doak. I'm excited we got Doak. What I'm saying is that based on our history over the past 3 years with qbs, we should have signed another qb in addition to Doak and this should have been the kid. Meanwhile, Dooley and company want to keep a lazy worthless piece of crap on scholarship just because he has NFL potential at DL. I say he should have had his ass kicked off when he didn't make his grades after last summer or this fall at the latest which would have freed up a spot for Spencer. Spencer, just judging by his film and numbers, seems to have as much potential as that lazy assed DL.
    Well, don't just be unsold on Dooley, nobody else offered Spencer either.

As for Melancon, I'm pretty sure he's paying his own way. He's not eligible, and as such, he doesn't take up a scholarship.

We didn't fail to offer Spencer because we didn't have space.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

As for Melancon, I'm pretty sure he's paying his own way. He's not eligible, and as such, he doesn't take up a scholarship.

You missed the point of my post. I'm not unsold on Dooley because he didn't offer Spencer. I'm unsold on Dooley because he only got one qb signed in this class knowing the less than stellar qb play we've had the past 3 years, and he hasn't exactly shown overwhelming confidence in the qbs he's had. It's not really about Spencer Keith as much as creating other depth. I didn't realize that about Melancon paying his own way. That doesn't make sense to me. I would imagine that if he was going to pay his own way, he could do that anywhere including AQ schools and would probably go that route instead. Also, while it may not have seemed like it, I do realize the reason we didn't offer Spence wasn't because we didn't have space. I would like to know, just out of curiosity, what we didn't see in this kid. I know he said in most cases alot of coaches were worried about his injury. That may have been it. I understand it won't happen and why it won't happen, but I think it would be neat if we could have a section on the board or somewhere that the coaches would talk about their decision making process on recruits and other aspects of the game including game play decisions. It would be interesting, but like I said, I can understand why they wouldn't want to do that. So basically, I'm not as suspect of the fact that they didn't sign Spencer as much as they didn't sign another qb in light of our qb woes. If they had signed another qb, I would have liked it to have been Spencer unless another qb had shown greater numbers and potential.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

Melancon has never been on scholarship.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

You missed the point of my post. I'm not unsold on Dooley because he didn't offer Spencer. I'm unsold on Dooley because he only got one qb signed in this class knowing the less than stellar qb play we've had the past 3 years, and he hasn't exactly shown overwhelming confidence in the qbs he's had. It's not really about Spencer Keith as much as creating other depth. I didn't realize that about Melancon paying his own way. That doesn't make sense to me. I would imagine that if he was going to pay his own way, he could do that anywhere including AQ schools and would probably go that route instead. Also, while it may not have seemed like it, I do realize the reason we didn't offer Spence wasn't because we didn't have space. I would like to know, just out of curiosity, what we didn't see in this kid. I know he said in most cases alot of coaches were worried about his injury. That may have been it. I understand it won't happen and why it won't happen, but I think it would be neat if we could have a section on the board or somewhere that the coaches would talk about their decision making process on recruits and other aspects of the game including game play decisions. It would be interesting, but like I said, I can understand why they wouldn't want to do that. So basically, I'm not as suspect of the fact that they didn't sign Spencer as much as they didn't sign another qb in light of our qb woes. If they had signed another qb, I would have liked it to have been Spencer unless another qb had shown greater numbers and potential.
    Doak either makes 4 or 5 scholarship QB we have. Do you want to go back to the JBIII days and have 7 scholarship QB's?

I don't see your point.

I am sold on our coaching staff's ability to scout, evaluate, recruit and sign talent. They are pretty good coaches and molders of men to boot.

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

We have 4 qb's dirty...Ross,doak,hardin, and cameron.... U talk about wasting spots with Melancon ... How many qb's do u want us to have...I feel bad for the spencer kid but there is probably a reason he doesn't have a offer from anybody... Hell I hope he walks on and proves everbody wrong, but I trust our coaches and they must feel comfortable with the qb situation...

Big Dog TruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the rough TruDawg's Avatar

I say that if we are going to put him as the AD and head coach then we need to respect his decisions. I know that you and everyone else has a right to question his decision making, but if we are going to hand him the reins to this program then I think that we need to trust the he knows what he is doing. After all, in just his second year as head coach he took us to an Independence bowl win. I think we should have offered him too, but just trust that he knows what is best for this program.

You missed the point of my post. I'm not unsold on Dooley because he didn't offer Spencer. I'm unsold on Dooley because he only got one qb signed in this class knowing the less than stellar qb play we've had the past 3 years, and he hasn't exactly shown overwhelming confidence in the qbs he's had. It's not really about Spencer Keith as much as creating other depth.
    I understand that. I have NO inside info, but I would imagine that Dooley feels one reason we lost out on Jefcoat is because he found out about our offer (a stealthy offer at that) to Nathan Stanley. I don't know if he didn't try to sign two because of that or not.

Ross still has 2 years and he will be #1 going into the the spring.
    Hardin has 3 years.
    Ensminger has 2 years (maybe he'll be moved to punter, but right now, that's just a rumor)
    Cameron has 4 years left
    Raulston has 5 years to play 4

That's 5 scholarship QBs. I know Ross isn't Luke or Tim, but he played pretty well and seemed to grow as the season went on. Clearly they're big on Hardin and they recruited Cameron and Raulston. Like you said, there are no definites in recruiting, but you'd have to think that they feel pretty good about what we've got.

Maybe we need to send Spencer a tuition comparison b/w Vandy and Tech.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I'm looking forward to seeing Hardin...

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Does anyone have any thoughts as to the actual reason why Keith got no offers?

And I'm not looking for stupid, speculative answers, here.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    And I'm not looking for stupid, speculative answers, here.

Well...you sure you're looking in the right place?

+ Reply to Thread