+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Long fired!

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Coach Long fired!

Dooley Announces Changes to Women's Basketball Staff

RUSTON -- Louisiana Tech Athletics Director Derek Dooley announced Monday that Lady Techster head basketball coach Chris Long has been relieved of his duties effectively immediately.
    Long was in his fourth season as head coach at LA Tech after spending six seasons as a Lady Techster assistant coach under Leon Barmore and Kurt Budke.
    "These decisions are very difficult to make and are not made without careful consideration of all the facts and implications," Dooley said. "We are grateful for the loyal and dedicated service Chris has given to the program over the last decade."
    After 25 straight trips to the NCAA Tournament, the Lady Techsters failed to make the postseason the past two years after going 17-13 and 16-15 being eliminated from the WAC Tournament.
    Following Tech's 66-61 loss to Boise State Sunday, Tech is 12-11 overall this year and sitting in fifth place in the Western Athletic Conference standings. Long was 71-44 during his head coaching tenure at LA Tech.
    "Lady Techster basketball has a unique tradition and has been a tremendous source of pride for everyone associated with Louisiana Tech," Dooley said. "It is important to me that we continue to invest in the program and rekindle the effort, enthusiasm and competitiveness that has been a hallmark of all of our teams."
    Dooley said that associate head coach Teresa Weatherspoon will serve as interim head coach for the remainder of the season.
    Weatherspoon, a former Lady Techster, led Team USA to the 1988 Olympic Gold Medal before embarking on a professional basketball career overseas. She returned to the States in 1997 as a member of the New York Liberty of the newly-created WNBA and spent seven seasons there before playing one year for the Los Angeles Sparks.
    During her WNBA career, she was a four-time WNBA All-Star, a four-time all-WNBA second-teamer and a two-time WNBA Defensive Player of the Year (1997, 1998).
    During her Louisiana Tech career which spanned from 1984 through 1988, Weatherspoon was a two-time Kodak All-American (1987, 1988) and won the prestigious Wade Trophy as the top player in the country during her senior season.
    She led the Lady Techsters to a mark of 118-14 during her career and two national championship game appearances in 1987 and 1988, earning spots on the All-Final Four teams both years. She was instrumental in leading Tech to a remarkable second half comeback against Auburn to claim the 1988 National Championship Title. Weatherspoon was named to the NCAA Women\\\'s Basketball Team of the Decade for the 1980\\\'s. Weatherspoon - whose No. 11 jersey is retired - still ranks No. 1 in Tech history in career assists (958) and steals (411).
    "I hope our fans will come to the games and support the student-athletes during an always difficult time of transition," Dooley said. "They can be assured that our department is committed to doing what is necessary to restore the pride of the Lady Techsters."
    Tech returns to action Friday night when it hosts Hawaii at 7 p.m.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: Coach Long fired!

In first on a future 30 page thread.

My thoughts can be summed up in three words:

About damn time.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    In first on a future 30 page thread.

My thoughts can be summed up in three words:

About damn time.

DITTO.

Spoon, please bring Techster basketball back to Ruston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

"I put my heart and soul into trying to revive a program that i have been a part of for a decade. The landscape of women's basketball has changed dramatically over the last eight years or so. I know as far as academics and players in the program, that I am leaving it in better shape than I inherited it. The players getting playing time are juniors, sophomores and freshmen. My hope is that those players have all the success in the world. I strongly believe this program will prosper in the coming years through our recruiting efforts."
    Official statement from Long.

Statement from Chris Long, Louisiana Tech Head Coach, who was relieved of his coaching duties today

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Time to start the chant:

T'Spoon! T'Spoon! T'Spoon!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    Time to start the chant:

T'Spoon! T'Spoon! T'Spoon!

T'Spoon

T'Spoon

T'Spoon

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Oh what a great monday it is...

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Only thing to say..... Never thought DD would do it before the end of the season.

Chris, best of luck. Wish you the best in your future!

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Can I just say...I told ya so!!

Puppy lovethat24 seems to have something between the earslovethat24 seems to have something between the earslovethat24 seems to have something between the earslovethat24 seems to have something between the earslovethat24 seems to have something between the earslovethat24 seems to have something between the ears

It is about time... I guess i will get to see a game this seaon after all. Bye Bye CL. You know what they say about Karma..

Bulldog jhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nicejhodge90 is just really nice

i woke up this morning and i just knew it was going to be a good day

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

It is about time... I guess i will get to see a game this seaon after all. Bye Bye CL. You know what they say about Karma..

ditto!

Go Techsters

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

T-spoon

Varsity Bulldog techdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around heretechdrummer has turned a few heads around here

Wow,

I agree, didn't think it would happen during the season.........

Well today is a new era for the Lady Techsters, let's hope they can get back on the winning track! I feel bad for Coach Long, he was with the program for a long time, but I think this was the appropriate move for the Techsters.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I wish coach luck, but he was here originally because Leon wanted Katrina Frierson. Plain and simple.

+ Reply to Thread