+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Long fired!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Coach Long fired!

It was going to happen so it needed to be done now, not after the season. This is a perfect opportunity for T-Spoon. I wish her and Coach Long nothing but the best. Go Techsters!!!

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar

This says alot about Dooley as an athletic director also and shows his commitment to improving Tech athletics. Let's roll with Spoon and see what she can do the rest of the year.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Now, on to the new era of SPOOOOOOOON!

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    Can I just say...I told ya so!!
    yes

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel a little more free to post my thoughts on how I really feel now outside of the recruiting section. For 2 years now, I have stated that Long should be gone. Don't get me wrong, I really like the man. He is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. However, he was just not the right person to lead the Techsters back to where they were. While I had trouble NOT saying it on the public section of the board, I had to bite my tongue, because I did not think it was good for our recruits or our current players to read that.

NOW, though, I am ready to start a new era again! I don't expect miracals from Spoon, but given time to recruit and instill the right mindset in these players, I have a good feeling that she is going to be right up there with Kim Mulkey and Barmore.

Also, do not be surprised to see Barmore back on the Techster bench instead of the Baylor one next year.

I am a VERY happy guy right now. Thank you, Dooley!

Also, good luck to Coach Long. I hope you are able to get a great job and can have success. I know you love the Techsters and DID put your heart into it. It was bad timing on taking over and no matter how it turned out, I wish you nothing but the best in the future.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Is this really true. It's hard to believe. Have you independently verified this news, Champ?

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

Oh it's definitely true.

This speaks a lot for DD that he can make this decision in the middle of the season.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    Is this really true. It's hard to believe. Have you independently verified this news, Champ?
    I think he meant the barmore bit

It is true!:icon_wink:

I noticed on TechTV Sunday how they kept zooming in on Dooley in the stands. Hmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    I think he meant the barmore bit
    The Barmore part is just a hunch. It would be next year, if that were to happen. I just have a feeling that Barmore would love to be on that bench with Spoon.

I don't go or watch Baylor games, but my neice does (she is an alum of Baylor). All that I have heard is how Barmore looks unhappy on the bench. He, also, leaves right after the game - immediately (not even going to the locker room). Of course, Barmore never "looks" happy, anyway.

I just think the statement in my signature is true and he will return in some capacity.

I meant to ask if the firing was true.

I think I've just about convinced myself that this isn't a hoax.

My estimation of Coach Dooley has just gone up.

I too think Mr. Barmore might come back if he is allowed not to travel to away games at his discretion.

Now we just need to get out of the WAC.

I meant to ask if the firing was true.

I think I've just about convinced myself that this isn't a hoax.

My estimation of Coach Dooley has just gone up.

I too think Mr. Barmore might come back if he is allowed not to travel to away games at his discretion.

Now we just need to get out of the WAC.
    The Long firing is definitely true. No doubt. It is done!

I think I hear FFA fall over backwards in California as he was fainting.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Been talking about this subject for a good bit of the show today but have gotten zero feedback from Techsters fans. Any one care?

On the air until six - 888-993-7762

or we will read emails on the air - sports@espn977.com

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Been talking about this subject for a good bit of the show today but have gotten zero feedback from Techsters fans. Any one care?

On the air until six - 888-993-7762

or we will read emails on the air - sports@espn977.com
    I am at work (sort of ). I will email you.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Thanks Gary. Just read it on the air. Good email.

+ Reply to Thread