+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Long fired!

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Re: Coach Long fired!

Well, this needed to be done and I am glad DD did not wait until the end of the season. My heart goes out to Chris Long because I believe he is a good man and it is never fun to see someone lose their job. I believe in T Spoon and feel she will be great for the program. I hope she is interested in the job beyond this year. She just brings so much credibility to the Lady Techsters.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    Well, this needed to be done and I am glad DD did not wait until the end of the season. My heart goes out to Chris Long because I believe he is a good man and it is never fun to see someone lose their job. I believe in T Spoon and feel she will be great for the program. I hope she is interested in the job beyond this year. She just brings so much credibility to the Lady Techsters.
    Buz,
    Send this to BlueCrew on the air right now!

Add in that we need to PACK THE TAC on Friday night! Let's get the word out!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

And I think he did it early enough to give the team a fair amount of time to respond to Spoon -

If they don't, did the administration will have to look else where, but they can feel good in the fact that they gave Spoon ample opportunity -

As some of ya'll know I have made a 180 degree turn on Dooley as AD since he was first hired -

I actually think he may be a better AD than a football coach in the long run -

I do know this - HE GETS IT (in all sports) and that is something that can't be measured at a place like TECH...

I think it will also send a message to other coaches (Simoneaux-this year and Rupp-next) that if they don't turn thier programs around they could also be on the short end of the stick....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    And I think he did it early enough to give the team a fair amount of time to respond to Spoon -

If they don't, did the administration will have to look else where, but they can feel good in the fact that they gave Spoon ample opportunity -

As some of ya'll know I have made a 180 degree turn on Dooley as AD since he was first hired -

I actually think he may be a better AD than a football coach in the long run -

I do know this - HE GETS IT (in all sports) and that is something that can't be measured at a place like TECH...

I think it will also send a message to other coaches (Simoneaux-this year and Rupp-next) that if they don't turn thier programs around they could also be on the short end of the stick....
    I think he did it at the right time. I don't expect Spoon to develop this team into champions overnight, but I do expect more energy and to beat the teams we should be able to beat. She will have a lot of pressure on her coaching a team that are not her recruits. However, I think we will see a BIG improvement. Now, we need to do OUR part and get to the TAC Friday night. I have just about got my plans rearranged to get there. We need to show up in force!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

It's the top headline on ESPN's women's basketball page.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=3895374

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    It's the top headline on ESPN's women's basketball page.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=3895374
    Get ready for lots more press and lots more interest from recruits.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Buz,
    Send this to BlueCrew on the air right now!

Add in that we need to PACK THE TAC on Friday night! Let's get the word out!

Done.

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: Coach Long fired!

Well, here I was, sitting at the computer doing income taxes, mad as hell at the world and knowing that I would never smile again, and here comes a flash note from Shreveport Times in regards to Chris. What a pleasant surprise. Now, I'm all happy again!!! I feel sorry for Chris, but it was evident he was in the wrong position, and needed to be replaced. I appreciate Coach Dooley for taking this action at this time, and at least giving us a chance to get back on the track in Womens Basketball. Thanks to Chris for his efforts, and I'm sorry it didn't work out in the long run, but I'm sure he will be able to help some program in the future. I am sure that T-Spoon has what it takes, and that we will see a surge in the way our ladies play in a big hurry! Good luck to her in her efforts, and thanks again to Coach Dooley!

TD
    ~~

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

I know there will be a different influx of energy now

please do me a favor. WHEN YOU COME TO THE TAC. STAND UP, YELL, SHOUT, CHEER.

be an active participant.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Good for Dooley. I love a decisive man. Go Techsters!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

Got there before I could Dwayne...

This is a shot across the bow of every coach, regardless the sport, at Tech...produce or find other employment.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

I was so upset with our lost yesterday to Boise. I have stopped posting on this forum since when I put up the "Fire Chris Long now" poll. I thought and felt that no change would be made until the end of the season. It is great that AD Dooley understands the problem and knows what to do to save the program. Firing Chris Long and making TSpoon as the interim head coach is the best move Dooley can make at the moment.
    Firing Chris Long and making TSpoon head coach give me more excitement to follow the Techsters.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bulldawg03
    Oh it's definitely true.

This speaks a lot for DD that he can make this decision in the middle of the season.

Way to go DD!!!!

TSpoon
    TSpoon
    TSpoon

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    The Long firing is definitely true. No doubt. It is done!

I think I hear FFA fall over backwards in California as he was fainting.
    Smelling salts? Smelling salts? Where am I? Who am I? How long was I out?

I'd like to state this up front: Chris Long, from EVERY account by those who know him, is a good and decent man. There was never a personal angle for me. And although a good and decent man, he was NOT the person for this job. Plain and simple. I do wish him well in the future.

I am totally back on board with the Techster program! Yes, some may say I'm a fair-weather fan, but I remained a fan, although disgruntled for a while. I'm so excited to see what Spoon will be able to do. I do NOT expect miracles either, and won't lay this season at her feet. That said, she will be able to do what SHE wants, and it will be interesting to see how that plays out. This can ONLY be GOOD for the program.

This should inspire the faithful and energize those who like myself had begun to lose interest in a program we thought had been marginalized by the administration. Dooley did what was needed.

Mean Gene (or ESPNguy, whichever personality you are today), we thought this day would never come. If only you were here to share it with me.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Dooley wasted no time after football recruiting was over. 5 days after he finished his work he canned Long.

I wonder what the other coaches think about this? This answers the question that Dooley isn't just interested in football, and you know this worries the other guys.

+ Reply to Thread