+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Coach Long fired!

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Coach Long fired!

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Thanks for the quick reponse. I will be calling Adam for details.
    I always call or email Adam. He likes those calls.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Ah, but does he give to UVA?
    He strikes me as the kind of man who does -

I want to say Woolridge and Floyd also give to LTAC....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Ok I am tempted to give but here is one of my issues, I don't believe in earmarking money. I think all money should be distributed evenly through out the programs but that is just me.
    Dear lord I don't want to get a bunch of that mess going.
    One reason I have not given ever is because I never want to be tempted to say that I feel that I have the right to tell the program what it should do and giving money I am afraid I would think I had rights to opinions that as a fan I just don't have.
    Trust me I would love to be able to write a check of an endless amount and give it to the sports program but can someone send me some information of the different levels of sponsorship.
    Thanks

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    Trust me I would love to be able to write a check of an endless amount and give it to the sports program but can someone send me some information of the different levels of sponsorship.
    Thanks

$100 per year is the minimum level for recognition. You can set up monthly donations which equates to $8.33 per month.

Here is more info:

http://www.latechalumni.org/s/810/in...gid=1&pgid=391&

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Ok I am tempted to give but here is one of my issues, I don't believe in earmarking money. I think all money should be distributed evenly through out the programs but that is just me.
    One reason I have not given ever is because I never want to be tempted to say that I feel that I have the right to tell the program what it should do and giving money I am afraid I would think I had rights to opinions that as a fan I just don't have.
    Thanks
    http://www.latechalumni.org/s/810/in...gid=1&pgid=391

http://latechsports.cstv.com/auto_pd...-ltac-brochure

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Thanks
    Give what you can Phil. Please. It doesn't have to be an endless amount. Trust me on this - I don't give an endless amount - I don't have endless resources, but I give what I can. But every dollar counts and it counts especially now. If every Tech alum gave 100.00...My Lord, what we could do with that!

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I think you underestimate Spoon. She has been a head coach before and she has the skill set to do this. The biggest thing, though, is that she has name recognition and instant credibility. Big time programs do DO this. In fact, most of them would LOVE to do this.
    Champion 110, I am trying with ever fiber in my body to neither underestimate nor overestimate Spoon. Try as I may, I cannot get excited nor give her much credit for the one year that she coached a bunch of NBA wannabes that in no way, shape or form resemble a women's college basketball team. It must be above my pay grade to do so.

In response to your assertion that most great programs would love to do so, then why did Texas hire the head coach from Duke to replace Jody Konrad, then hire Mickey DeMoss, another coach with successful head coaching experience as an assistant.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Champion 110, I am trying with ever fiber in my body to neither underestimate nor overestimate Spoon. Try as I may, I cannot get excited nor give her much credit for the one year that she coached a bunch of NBA wannabes that in no way, shape or form resemble a women's college basketball team. It must be above my pay grade to do so.

In response to your assertion that most great programs would love to do so, then why did Texas hire the head coach from Duke to replace Jody Konrad, then hire Mickey DeMoss, another coach with successful head coaching experience as an assistant.
    I think you definitely load your staff up with experience, as much as you can. That is a given. The HC has to have a good knowledge of the game, inspire, teach, and have passion. If we had the money, I would love to have DeMoss as an assistant (she doesn't want to be a head coach by her own words). Spoon has passion. That is what we need. I am sure if she is hired as HC on a permanent basis, she will get the assistants that she needs to make up for anything she doesn't have.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I think you definitely load your staff up with experience, as much as you can. That is a given. The HC has to have a good knowledge of the game, inspire, teach, and have passion. If we had the money, I would love to have DeMoss as an assistant (she doesn't want to be a head coach by her own words). Spoon has passion. That is what we need. I am sure if she is hired as HC on a permanent basis, she will get the assistants that she needs to make up for anything she doesn't have.
    I agree. (pick yourself up off the floor) :icon_wink:

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Thanks for the quick reponse. I will be calling Adam for details.
    Also, I'm not sure whether this is still the case, but at one time they set it up so that any donation to athletics was counted toward your LTAC level. So you can give a designated gift to any part of athletics (including the Athletic Enhancement Endowment) and it will count toward your LTAC level.

+ Reply to Thread