+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 72 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama - Worst President Ever

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Obama - Worst President Ever

To my Liberal Bulldog fans:

Too often do I hear Liberals use negatives to try to prove a positive. This is a logical fallacy. It's not possible. Without stating that Liberal ideas are patently wrong or false (regardless of my own beliefs), I'd like a real argument from a Liberal that uses proof that backs up the positivity of their ideas. Saying things like, "well Bush was wrong," don't convince me of anything. The only thing a negative can do is DIS-prove something.

For example, one could make a statement that "all Democrats are Liberals." Now, I can disprove this if I can find a Democrat that isn't a Liberal. However, finding a non-Liberal Democrat only disproves that statement, and does not validate the contra-positive. The problem is that some Democrats obviously still are Liberals in this case, possibly.

By using the negative statement of Bush's failure, all we're doing is showing that he was a failure, and not that the Democrats' policies will succeed. Try explaining some examples of how Liberal ideas are/will work for us. We know what doesn't work, so can you tell us what you think WILL work and why? Just because Bush did a poor job in many respects also does not mean we need to slam Republicans. He is only one particular example of failure among them, and isn't even a Conservative. This is too often boiled down to a simple game between two sides, when simply Republican and Democrat don't solve anything. Government, economics, and politics are much more complicated than this.

Sincerely,
    A very Conservative Bulldog fan

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post

Too often do I hear Liberals use negatives to try to prove a positive. This is a logical fallacy. It's not possible. Without stating that Liberal ideas are patently wrong or false (regardless of my own beliefs), I'd like a real argument from a Liberal that uses proof that backs up the positivity of their ideas. Saying things like, "well Bush was wrong," don't convince me of anything. The only thing a negative can do is DIS-prove something.

For example, one could make a statement that "all Democrats are Liberals." Now, I can disprove this if I can find a Democrat that isn't a Liberal. However, finding a non-Liberal Democrat only disproves that statement, and does not validate the contra-positive. The problem is that some Democrats obviously still are Liberals in this case, possibly.

By using the negative statement of Bush's failure, all we're doing is showing that he was a failure, and not that the Democrats' policies will succeed. Try explaining some examples of how Liberal ideas are/will work for us. We know what doesn't work, so can you tell us what you think WILL work and why? Just because Bush did a poor job in many respects also does not mean we need to slam Republicans. He is only one particular example of failure among them, and isn't even a Conservative. This is too often boiled down to a simple game between two sides, when simply Republican and Democrat don't solve anything. Government, economics, and politics are much more complicated than this.

Sincerely,
    It is a waste of time to explain rules of logic to teatech.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ teatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    It is a waste of time to explain rules of logic to teatech.

Who said he was talking to me. He could have been talking to you. There is no way you can prove that "Obama is the worst President ever". However, there are plenty of avenues you can take to prove that Bush was.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teatech View Post
    Who said he was talking to me. He could have been talking to you. There is no way you can prove that "Obama is the worst President ever". However, there are plenty of avenues you can take to prove that Bush was.
    So much for forward looking. But I forget that the "Bush is evil" card equates to the race card in democrats' mind(s).

Champ teatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Sincerely,

I do not think your post was directed towards me but if it was, I would like to know how you could consider yourself an objective person when Guisslap made the most ridiculous post I've seen on this board (and Tyletechsas have definitely made some dumb ones) and NO ONE called him on it. NO ONE! If you want to be taken seriously by both dems and repubs on this forum, then shouldn't you jump all over ridiculous comments like the Guisslap made about Obama being the worst president when the man hasn't even been Prez a month?? That alone shows that most on this forum are hoping the man fails for political reasons which goes back to your point about democrats and republicans not solving problems.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I do not think your post was directed towards me but if it was, I would like to know how you could consider yourself an objective person when Guisslap made the most ridiculous post I've seen on this board (and Tyletechsas have definitely made some dumb ones) and NO ONE called him on it. NO ONE!
    In a interesting way, you basically just did what Ktulu7 claimed you do in your above response.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I do not think your post was directed towards me but if it was, I would like to know how you could consider yourself an objective person when Guisslap made the most ridiculous post I've seen on this board (and Tyletechsas have definitely made some dumb ones) and NO ONE called him on it. NO ONE! If you want to be taken seriously by both dems and repubs on this forum, then shouldn't you jump all over ridiculous comments like the Guisslap made about Obama being the worst president when the man hasn't even been Prez a month?? That alone shows that most on this forum are hoping the man fails for political reasons which goes back to your point about democrats and republicans not solving problems.
    Why are you getting so bent out of shape about my prediction? I gave my reasoning for the prediction. You have to admit, Obama is off to a rocky start.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Why are you getting so bent out of shape about my prediction? I gave my reasoning for the prediction. You have to admit, Obama is off to a rocky start.
    No, I think that he is off to a good start. He's got the republicans right where he wants them.......united in their opposition to his ideas but without anything to offer as an alternative.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    No, I think that he is off to a good start. He's got the republicans right where he wants them.......united in their opposition to his ideas but without anything to offer as an alternative.
    Actually I think he is giving them new life - giving them an opportunity to reclaim their role as stewards of fiscal responsibility. The more ridiculous legislation he comes up with, the more ammunition he gives them. I thought the republican party is dead.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

All that "proves" is that we have morons in office, no matter the party.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

So you didn't like the 3 month - 1 year Tax Holiday proposed by the GOP? Your fellow democraps and Obama's cabinet nominees, that keep getting caught for tax evasion, should love that one. But alas, they are not really very bright now are they?

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Actually I think he is giving them new life - giving them an opportunity to reclaim their role as stewards of fiscal responsibility. The more ridiculous legislation he comes up with, the more ammunition he gives them. I thought the republican party is dead.
    The last time the republicans were stewards of fiscal responsibility Richard Nixon was President. I'm sure the republicans will come back, they always do, but it will take awhile. Obama is going to be making a number of Supreme Court picks in his first term which will play to the democrats advantage, assuming that his nominees have paid their taxes on time.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Obama is going to be making a number of Supreme Court picks in his first term which will play to the democrats advantage, assuming that his nominees have paid their taxes on time.
    It's not areally a matter of not paying on time. It's called tax evasion.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I'm a racist.
    That's all you have to say.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Sincerely,
    Good luck, I still don't see a response to your post.

+ Reply to Thread