+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A quote

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: A quote

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Associated Press articles are NOT journalism and should not even be mentioned as such.
    Yeah, I know. But the old UPI was. . . Guess that's why they went out of business.:icon_wink:
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: A quote

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    gary -- first you want journalists to stick to the facts during opinion pieces. then you want me to just give my opinion without giving some reason behind why i believe something. just like your opinions are shaped by your experiences in life, so are mine. and because i'm schooled in journalism, that has shaped a lot of my opinions in life. if i can draw on some of that experience as a reason why i believe something, then in turn explain why that has shaped my opinion, i'm going to do so. i try not to run away just spouting off my opinion without at least trying to intelligently explain why. i learned that in debate 101. don't just have a viewpoint. have reasons to back up that viewpoint.

i still think my original point that started this whole mess is valid. whenever you disagree with someone in the media, you want to call them out for being biased and trying to hold "little tech" down. i think that's crap. i'm a huge louisiana tech fan. it is a major passion of mine. however, all fans are different. you are the eternal optimist fan. i've never met someone, except for maybe lee fletcher, who believes as much as you do that everything is eventually going to be great. and i'm glad you have that viewpoint. honestly, i may give you a hard time sometimes, but i'm not trying to change you. i don't think any longtime bb&ber is trying to change you. we just like to rag on you sometimes. that's what families do. and we're a family here. but just because not everyone has the same type of fandom you do (there are a thousand different types of fans, in my opinion) doesn't mean they're necessarily wrong or don't love louisiana tech as much as you do.
    Well, I think that is the first decent thing you have stated to me EVER! Believe me, I know you love Louisiana Tech or you wouldn't be on here posting as much as you do. I still have my opinion that if someone does not think it is possible to reach the top, I don't see any use in trying.

No one climbs Mt. Everest to get to the middle. Their goal is the top. I will always be that optimist that thinks it is possible. It is true in my personal life and it is true in my fanhood. It is who I am. You should be very thankful that there are people like me around. If not for us, we would have everyone walking around with their head down muttering that they can't ever be the best at what they do, they can only get to "mid major" status and they would be happy with that.

So, in closing (maybe:icon_wink, I will keep believing. Don't think for a second that you could even come close to changing that, so that doesn't bother me. It just irritates me and makes me believe even more.

I said "maybe" when I said "in closing", right? I deal with state agencies all day long. I deal with employees that do a halfway good job and some that want to change everything. I promote those that want to change everything, because those are the believers. Those are the ones that fight for what should be happening and want to be the best and for the system to be the best. Those are the movers and the ones that don't take no for an answer. They are the fighters. They will rise to the top and will eventually be the best. Same concept..... I would never want a coach that didn't think he/she could have a legit shot at winning championships and reaching the top. Anything else is just settling. If we won the WAC in football and got to a good bowl, I would want a bcs bowl next. If we got to a bcs bowl, I would want the NC game next. Yes, it is harder as a school outside of the traditional power conferences, but not at all impossible.

Money plays a part, but it isn't the answer to all our problems (isn't that a Republican slogan in government?). We need a change of attitude more than money right now. Our fans need to realize that we are not "little Louisiana Tech", we are LOUISIANA TECH and can move mountains. We have moved hills with nothing. Now, it is time to take the next step. I believe that we have an A.D. that knows this and is trying to convince our fans of it. I believe that we have a Interim HC of the Techsters that believes it, as well. I THINK, but am not sure, about our MBB coach - time will tell. Even our baseball coach believes this. He has just fallen short of it.

+ Reply to Thread