+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Practice Report

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Re: Practice Report

thank you

Bulldog baseballfan has turned a few heads around herebaseballfan has turned a few heads around herebaseballfan has turned a few heads around herebaseballfan has turned a few heads around here baseballfan's Avatar

Any time, hopefully the guys don't spend too much time on the board, but if Devon did see his name spelled correctly he could feel more welcomed...

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    i hope so. we need some consistency in the outfield. and in my previous post i failed to mention the DH role is likely to be Therkeld. Please forgive me if I have spelled some names wrong. I think ya'll can figure out who im talking about though
    I wonder if there are any plans to use Threlkeld at 3rd and us CK at 1st every now and then. That way you could also use Clay Alexander as the DH.

I've been really high on Threlkeld since I saw him play for Distict 5. He has his work cut out for him if he wants to replace Superman as our top offensive threat but I think by the time he is done here, he will be better.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Forgive me for not knowing who you are mentioning as "superman." Could you be a little more clear please? Clay will play alot this year I'm sure. CK needs to stay at 3rd. I think that is where he will have the highest projection in my opinion. Clearly that is just opinion though.

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I wonder if there are any plans to use Threlkeld at 3rd and us CK at 1st every now and then. That way you could also use Clay Alexander as the DH.

I've been really high on Threlkeld since I saw him play for Distict 5. He has his work cut out for him if he wants to replace Superman as our top offensive threat but I think by the time he is done here, he will be better.

If there is any way to get Mark, CK, and Clay's bats in the game then Sim will do it. In my opinion Mark is too good not to be out there somewhere....

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Forgive me for not knowing who you are mentioning as "superman." Could you be a little more clear please? Clay will play alot this year I'm sure. CK needs to stay at 3rd. I think that is where he will have the highest projection in my opinion. Clearly that is just opinion though.
    Chris Kersten-> CK-> Clark Kent-> Superman

I am honestly not sure where else to put them. You really need the bats of Clay Alexander, Kersten, and Threlkeld in the lineup. I don't think you can justify taking out KW or NG for that. Therefore Mire who I haven't seen enough of (and personally seems more like an outfielder than a 1st baseman) is my odd man out of who to get replaced.

Also notice Kersten made a ton of throwing errors last year. You don't want to have to worry about taking our your best bat in the 9th inning to make sure he doesn't over throw 1st on a routine ground ball. Maybe moving him to SS might be better like I said what do you do with your other middle infielders? You are then 3 deep at 2nd base with Grunenwald, Winn, and Jueneau.

He has been working alot on his defense over the summer. Obviously errors come with the position. We will just have to wait and see and trust the coaches decisions. Perhaps those throws are his kryptonite

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Caught the tail end of Coach Sim on fox and company and he said Graham Meyers was throwing lights out and if they played this weekend he'd be the closer, that was new to me. Anyone else hear the interview or add to it from the weekend? Meyers is a 6'3 200lb RS FR from St. Freds in Monroe.

Did he mention the starting rotation? Heard it would change up a little from what I first stated with Stephan on Saturday instead of Bradshaw. I told you about Meyers. Game week is here lets get it going.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I missed the entire interview except for the last minute or so where sim mentioned meyers and the talk of the schedule. I know others heard more so speak up guys! At the luncheon last month this rotation was mentioned as a possiblity- Anderson on Fri. Moseley, Stefan, and probably Bradshaw but in no order.

Friday: Anderson 70-75 pitch count
    Saturday: Stefan
    Sunday: Moseley

And Combs will start Friday behind the plate with Ewing in the DH role!

+ Reply to Thread