+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carl Ragus

Varsity Bulldog Docman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to allDocman5 is a name known to all

Question Carl Ragus

Does anyone else remember a defensive tackle named Carl Ragus? Way back in the dark ages (late 60's) when I was at Tech, we had a giant guy (for that time) named Carl Ragus. He weighed over 300 pounds. I believe he came from Springhill. I don't think he actually played all 4 years. One of the things I remember about him was what one of the coaches said about him. It was a classic comment. The coach said, "His name should be Ragii, he's too big to be singluar!" That has to be one of the best! Anyone know what happen to Carl?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Carl Ragus

DONW is a Springhill native and played for the Lumberjacks back in the stone age 60's , so he should be your best source of info for this.

HD

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Mickey Slaughter might have been coaching then, depending on what year it was. That quote sounds a little like something old Mick might say.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

According to the Louisiana Tech's 2008 media guide, Carl Ragus lettered at Tech in 1969 and 1970.

HD

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Carl Ragus, a giant of a man, came to Tech in the late 60's & lettered in 1969 & 1970. He was by far the largest man I had seen during those days, about 6'5" & well in excess of 300 lbs., which was really unusual for that time. I confess I do not remember much about Carl other than his size & lost track of him after he left us.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I remember Carl from his days at Springhill and seeing him at Tech. He's 3 years younger than me, which makes him still old. I'll ask my brothers that still live in Springhill and some guys on our high school email list if they know anything about him. I remember hearing a story about Carl coming back to his dormitory room one day and and sort of falling back on his bed and the whole bed collapsing.

+ Reply to Thread