+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illinois Article

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Illinois Article

They really don't know WBB at all. :icon_wink:

Here is the article:
    http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2...f233970436.txt

The writer's email is at the top of the article. I would encourage everyone to write.
    Here was my email back to him:

Good morning,
    In your article on the Lady Redbirds facing the Lady Techsters, there were some mistakes. The Louisiana Tech Lady Techsters are making their first trip to the WNIT. Instead of 2 WNIT Titles, the Lady Techsters have 2 NCAA titles plus 1 AIAW title (before there was an NCAA for Women's Basketball). They made 25 consecutive trips to the NCAA and have one of the richest traditions in Women's Basketball. Over the last 2 years, we have been rebuilding. Teresa Weatherspoon (former Lady Techster and of WNBA fame) took over as Interim Head Coach with 7 games left in the regular season, after the firing of Head Coach Chris Long (3 years at the helm). With numerous Final Fours and NC title games, the Lady Techsters had fallen into hard times over the last few years. TSpoon is now 9-1, since taking over (with the one loss coming in OT in the WAC tournament to Nevada).

Here are some links to help you with our rich history:
    http://www.latechsports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/ladytechsters-wnba-players.html

http://www.latechsports.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/latc/sports/w-baskbl/auto_pdf/WBB-87-98

http://www.latechsports.com/ot/latc-BulldogHistory.html

We look forward to our game Tuesday night and look at this as a start to rebuilding our program to National Prominence.

Thanks,

Gary Bramlett

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Illinois Article

Let's flood his inbox. I bet he will love the attention and the article on game day will include some great press.

There used to be a "Lady Techster" timeline on the Tech Site. It was impressive and bullet pointed all the success. I can't find it anymore.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

He probably saw 2 preseason NIT titles and just thought 2 NIT titles.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I am so glad they stopped that silly introduction mess with the red carpet, search lights and the reading of the ancient text of long-ago accomplishments. Our WBB has not been prominent this century. No literally, it's been since 1999 when we last made it to the Final Four.

I don't see the point of worrying about some media-type, who like 99.9% of the media (Rush, Sean, and a few others the exceptions...) don't care about facts anyway. And, it certainly won't help the 2009 team advance beyond Tuesday. That's something they have to do for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I am so glad they stopped that silly introduction mess with the red carpet, search lights and the reading of the ancient text of long-ago accomplishments. Our WBB has not been prominent this century. No literally, it's been since 1999 when we last made it to the Final Four.

I don't see the point of worrying about some media-type, who like 99.9% of the media (Rush, Sean, and a few others the exceptions...) don't care about facts anyway. And, it certainly won't help the 2009 team advance beyond Tuesday. That's something they have to do for themselves.
    While I agree with you on some of your post. The media helps in SO many ways. People need to know our rich history. We are not that far removed from Final Fours in today's teenager's lives (recruiting). It may seem like ancient history, but we were S16 just a few short years ago. Our last title game was 1998 - which is still relevant in some of today's recruits. Most seriously great bball players follow the sport from a very young age.

Anyway, we need all the positive press we can get. I always like to correct sports writers when they get it wrong. The big conferences have that press no matter where they go and only a handful of programs can say that they have been as relevant as us even 5 years ago. And, only 2 teams have a richer history than us (both more recent - Tennessee and UConn). We have a proud history and we should BE proud of it.

You don't have to write and you don't have to agree, but we have had some Illinois players that lit it up on Techster teams in the past. Press means a lot in my book. We need to get it nationally, and when playing in another state, we CERTAINLY need it to be correct.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Anyway, we need all the positive press we can get. I always like to correct sports writers when they get it wrong.
    You are going to be VERY busy then....

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You are going to be VERY busy then....
    I am!

Varsity Bulldog NO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really nice

I just posted a comment correcting the WNIT error. We'll see if they approve it.

The writer just wrote me back and told me that he thought it was strange, as well, because he remembers the Leon Barmore era. He got confused from our press release that stated 2 Pre-Season WNIT titles. He promised to get it right the next time and write us a great article on game day.

I just sent some great Lady Techster history articles to him. This is one of the best that covers our history up until this year. I added information in the email about Spoon and what she has done to turn things around.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools...99-history.pdf

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

Like this writer. Makes you feel pretty good. BTW, guess we'll be looking at that Evansville game film... 4-14 in conference play. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussierules1985 View Post
    Like this writer. Makes you feel pretty good. BTW, guess we'll be looking at that Evansville game film... 4-14 in conference play. Interesting.
    It is a decent article. The Lady Techsters don't get the press that they used to get. I am a firm believer that we, as fans, need to help the press out a little. Send them links to good information to write articles. It is worth it. Every article has the potential to get a recruit's attention and spread the Tech name to thousands.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

They really don't know WBB at all. :icon_wink:
    Looks like he is qualified to work at the News Star

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Looks like he is qualified to work at the News Star
    Except he took the suggestions and wrote a nice article after that first one. That would disqualify him for a Newstar job. :icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread