+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I hope they go ahead and make Spoon HEAD COACH permanent.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: I hope they go ahead and make Spoon HEAD COACH permanent.

My opinion is there is truth on both sides of this argument.
    1. Mulkey is a great coach and will live as a Tech legend.
    2. Mulkey was hurt by D.R. and Tech and took her things and left.
    3. Mulkey is winning championships and showing what she could have done here now.
    4. We should have given her a 5 year contract.
    5. Mulkey WOULD HAVE LEFT anyway - it was clear that it was going to be an uphill climb for her at Tech and she would always be in Leon's shadow, if she had stayed. She would have been known for "KEEPING" the tradition and not building her own name and program. The 5 year fit made no sense. She was in a head butting contest with D.R. - she was trying to find a way to go to Baylor and make it D.R.'s fault. And, yes, I have read her opinion in her book.

I wish she would have stayed, but I think it was her choice. She made it and is doing well. She has built her own name now.

That is all over, though. Time for our other best known PG to make her name as an HC at TECH. While Kim is better known as a great HC now, I would argue that more people know the name of Spoon nationally - inside and outside of the WBB world.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Dawg80, the only person crying is YOU.....Kim Mulkey's just winning championships.

Besides, it's quite obvious that Mulkey is on your mind a whole lot more than YOU are on hers.

HD
    This is the second time you said something to this effect. Last time you posted something like, pigtails is laughing at Tech and Tech's silly fans, to which I agreed.

Let me put it this way, I could care less about that bitch. She could win 10 more national championships or get run over by a bus tomorrow, and I'd be unmoved either way. Doesn't change the fact of what she did to her alma mater. You apologists try to change history to mask the truth.

Here's the truth: she stuck a knife in the back of her alma mater's WBB program. Obviously, she doesn't care....she laughs about it, as you point out. That's fine. She can do whatever she pleases with her career.

I don't have to retrace the details of the facts of the situation, everyone here knows them. At least I can see the rat...when some of you insist she's a hamster.

Sometimes it takes a long time for things to work out. I hope Spoon is successful, and settles into being HC here for a long time. If she does, we laughed-at Techster fans will have a better person as coach than Baylor does, that much is very clear.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's a tired, old, post DD. Been there, done that.

HD
    Standard answer when no rebuttal is available.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I don't understand the anger at Kim- I wish her well at Baylor, but really couldn't care less what she does, and don't plan on living in the past. Would TECH have been better if she were here- probably, but she is not and "if ands and buts" don't help here. There was plenty of blame on both sides- but most of us would move for the money she is making compared to what TECH could pay. This is a thread about who is here - Spoon. She wants to be here and I hope she will be very successful here. We all need to move out of the past and pull for a bright future!

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    This is the second time you said something to this effect. Last time you posted something like, pigtails is laughing at Tech and Tech's silly fans, to which I agreed.

Let me put it this way, I could care less about that bitch. She could win 10 more national championships or get run over by a bus tomorrow, and I'd be unmoved either way. Doesn't change the fact of what she did to her alma mater. You apologists try to change history to mask the truth.

Here's the truth: she stuck a knife in the back of her alma mater's WBB program. Obviously, she doesn't care....she laughs about it, as you point out. That's fine. She can do whatever she pleases with her career.

I don't have to retrace the details of the facts of the situation, everyone here knows them. At least I can see the rat...when some of you insist she's a hamster.

Sometimes it takes a long time for things to work out. I hope Spoon is successful, and settles into being HC here for a long time. If she does, we laughed-at Techster fans will have a better person as coach than Baylor does, that much is very clear.
    Dirty, if you know the facts, spill them. Otherwise, you're speculating, just as you accuse me of doing.

Dawg80, the fact that you refer to Kim as a "bitch" demonstrates what little class you have, and that you are an idiot.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I have always been more PO'd at the recruits KMR stole from us, her/our Lady Techsters, when she left. Nothing more. Well she should have not been afraid of the 4 year contract and following a true legend of the game. That was weak. But taking those recruits from Tech was wrong; especially the ones from Louisiana that made those early years for her in Wacko.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The pigtail apologists are stuck. They have defended that bitch so long, that now that the truth is out and they realize many of us have called them on it, they are backed into a corner. Instead of simply saying, yeah, pigtails was wrong for what she did, they continue to dance around the issue, usually attacking the messengers, or claiming pigtails doesn't give a rat's a$$ about Tech (which is our point!).

Besides, it's fun to stir the pot a little on this board, ain't it!

Back to the real point. I think Spoon is a fine person, who actually does care for alma mater's WBB program, so I am glad to have her at the helm and hope she proves to be successful.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I don't understand the anger at Kim- I wish her well at Baylor, but really couldn't care less what she does, and don't plan on living in the past. Would TECH have been better if she were here- probably, but she is not and "if ands and buts" don't help here. There was plenty of blame on both sides- but most of us would move for the money she is making compared to what TECH could pay. This is a thread about who is here - Spoon. She wants to be here and I hope she will be very successful here. We all need to move out of the past and pull for a bright future!
    True!

SPOON is our coach now! Forget the past and get with the program or don't. For those of you stuck on KM, please go post on the Baylor board. She is their HC, not ours.

Puppy longtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the earslongtimetechsterfan seems to have something between the ears

i'm not saying she will, but i wonder what the reactions would be if we fast forwarded to summer 2009 and spoon accepted a mid six figure offer from another school? i have no opinion on the mulkey situation except that she did what was best for her. i don't care either way regardless. she's coaching at baylor. we need a coach who wants to be at tech.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimetechsterfan View Post
    i'm not saying she will, but i wonder what the reactions would be if we fast forwarded to summer 2009 and spoon accepted a mid six figure offer from another school? i have no opinion on the mulkey situation except that she did what was best for her. i don't care either way regardless. she's coaching at baylor. we need a coach who wants to be at tech.
    Oh, she will get offers. She is here to help out her school. Let's hope that is enough to keep her here.

I do know that if we just let it ride for too long, it will be a mistake.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I couldn't care less either. I only talk about Kim when her defenders come on here and make claims that the reason we lost her was solely the fault of Reneau and Tech. They use her story in her book and her vitriol in the newspapers as their proof and claim them to be facts. Well, they're not facts. Their her version of the story which isn't exactly unbiased. Now the anger towards Kim comes from the fact that I don't believe she planned on staying to begin with after she got pissed when Leon got his 3 year extension. Instead of handling it with class and maturity and just saying that after much thought, she wanted to build something on her own and didn't feel she could work with the current administration in accomplishing that. Instead, she made it sound like we were unwilling to work with her when in fact, she was offered a 5 year deal except that the 5th year may not have been in a coaching capacity if she weren't successful.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Dirty, if you know the facts, spill them. Otherwise, you're speculating, just as you accuse me of doing.

Dawg80, the fact that you refer to Kim as a "bitch" demonstrates what little class you have, and that you are an idiot.
    I've never said that anything I said wasn't speculation. I just point out the fact that you all use her book as a defense of why she left and make it sound like she did everything she could to stay. That's only one side of the story. Our administration had enough class to let her say her peace and not comment on her vitriol which I respect. At the time she left, I used her quotes to point out the fact that it appeared she planned to leave anyway and tried to put the blame on others so she wouldn't look bad. You view the fact that Barmore going to be her assistant proves she is telling the correct version. I countered that by saying if that were the case, it would have happened sooner, but everyone knows they had a very strained relationship when she left. There's no disputing that. They've both said it in the papers. It took over 5 years for them to bridge that gulf. Why do you suppose that was? Because Leon was pissed at Tech for not giving Kim a 5 year contract or because Kim knew the conditions to begin with and made an issue out of it so that she could take the job she really wanted?

I agree that most would have gone for the money and contract that Kim got instead of staying. I would, but in leaving, I wouldn't have tried to blame others for forcing me into my decision. In my opinion, it's all about Kim's ego. She wanted to stay the "darling" of the Techster program, and she knew that leaving for another program instead of taking the job that had been waiting on her would upset all those who had and still have her on a pedestal. So, in my opinion, she created a situation in which Tech had no chance.

Puppy Wes has turned a few heads around hereWes has turned a few heads around hereWes has turned a few heads around hereWes has turned a few heads around hereWes has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by longtimetechsterfan View Post
    She probably won't leave with the same dramatics that Kim did, but she'll be considered a traitor by some.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Oh, she will get offers. She is here to help out her school. Let's hope that is enough to keep her here.

I do know that if we just let it ride for too long, it will be a mistake.
    No one can say definitively what Spoon's plans and mentality are except Spoon and I don't think she even knows or cares about next year right now. However, as a fan, I'm not sold that helping out her school is enough of a reason to turn down mid six figures (techsterfan's example) or a bigger conference and access to better players, more media attention, a bigger budget and perks. I think her Tech love runs deep and I don't think she'd jump at the first offer from just anyone else, but I think Tech would have a problem keeping her if a NY or TX job opened up. She might even end up a candidate for the USC job.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    She just might if she already has an offer in her pocket to more than double the salary that Tech offers her. And, she hasn't been an assistant at Tech for more than a decade patiently waiting her chance to be the head coach. Yep, she just might.
    Yeah and it looks like she would been a steal!

+ Reply to Thread