+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I hope they go ahead and make Spoon HEAD COACH permanent.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: I hope they go ahead and make Spoon HEAD COACH permanent.

SPOON has her own most unique motivations, and coaching generalities (more $, bigger name) are not her prime mover. She loves the game and she loves working with young ladies. SPOON also loves Louisiana Tech! We have her heart, and no bigger school with a bigger checkbook can steal that away. Of course she'll have offers over the years, but we're in the game.

There is a real chance she will have a lengthy career here because we offer all three. I hope the admin (DD, DR) move quickly with an offer. We have a real shot. Have ya'll seen Teresa at men's games? She is intense, animated, and happy: clearly she is enjoying being here.

Regardless, I'm grateful for every minute we've had her at Tech and for for the excitement and energy she's brought. TERESA WE LOVE YOU AND OUR LADY TECHSTERS!!!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I agree that most would have gone for the money and contract that Kim got instead of staying. I would, but in leaving, I wouldn't have tried to blame others for forcing me into my decision. In my opinion, it's all about Kim's ego. She wanted to stay the "darling" of the Techster program, and she knew that leaving for another program instead of taking the job that had been waiting on her would upset all those who had and still have her on a pedestal. So, in my opinion, she created a situation in which Tech had no chance.
    I guess the question is why do you care at this point and keep talking about it? She moved on as have we. I don't have time for anger at something that happened years ago - it is soooo over with. We have Spoon and this is a thread about her. I couldn't care less if anyone here loves or hates someone that is not here and hasn't been for years. We just look like babies having it brought up all the time.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I guess the question is why do you care at this point and keep talking about it? She moved on as have we. I don't have time for anger at something that happened years ago - it is soooo over with. We have Spoon and this is a thread about her. I couldn't care less if anyone here loves or hates someone that is not here and hasn't been for years. We just look like babies having it brought up all the time.
    Come on now. You know the answer to that. I can't let someone else get the last word.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Come on now. You know the answer to that. I can't let someone else get the last word.

Go TECHSTERS!

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The pigtail apologists are stuck. They have defended that bitch so long, that now that the truth is out and they realize many of us have called them on it, they are backed into a corner. Instead of simply saying, yeah, pigtails was wrong for what she did, they continue to dance around the issue, usually attacking the messengers, or claiming pigtails doesn't give a rat's a$$ about Tech (which is our point!).

Besides, it's fun to stir the pot a little on this board, ain't it!

Back to the real point. I think Spoon is a fine person, who actually does care for alma mater's WBB program, so I am glad to have her at the helm and hope she proves to be successful.

Response to first paragraph: Wow. You're not an idiot. You're just self-involved and disrespectful. The "truth is out." That line, more than any of the other b/s from you made me laugh the loudest. You made a funny! Good for you, you little bitch.

Response to second paragraph: Wow. We agree.

Go Techsters! Go Spoon!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

The pigtail apologists are stuck. They have defended that bitch so long, that now that the truth is out and they realize many of us have called them on it, they are backed into a corner. Instead of simply saying, yeah, pigtails was wrong for what she did, they continue to dance around the issue, usually attacking the messengers, or claiming pigtails doesn't give a rat's a$$ about Tech (which is our point!).

Besides, it's fun to stir the pot a little on this board, ain't it!

Back to the real point. I think Spoon is a fine person, who actually does care for alma mater's WBB program, so I am glad to have her at the helm and hope she proves to be successful.
    D80, now you're just making an ass out of yourself. Then again, it's not the first time. :icon_wink:

Nobody's dancing around the issue but you and DD. After serving Tech faithfully as a player for 4 years and an assistant coach for 15 years, Mulkey was jerked around by a weak ass administration that repeatedly spouted off about conducting a "national head coaching search", and was too stupid to offer her the 5-yr deal.

The sad part is, you guys should have directed your anger at Dan Reneau instead of Mulkey. Reneau's the one that hurt your program for the last 7 years, not Mulkey.

HD

Big Dog BullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the roughBullPupN'46 is a jewel in the rough BullPupN'46's Avatar

Those of you that live close enough to Ruston should have been at the "Tip of Lunchon" this noon. Spoon showed more personality than Mulky ever could, can or will. Her fire is very contagious. I believe that "Spoon" will be named HC at or just before the WAC tourney. She said that she will change very little with the approach that the ladies have learned this year. She will make some minor adjustments. But I believe that next year you will see more of what the Techsters use to be.

Let Mulkey go. Some of you have called her a "great coach". She ain't there yet. She may get there some day---but who did she learn from. Leon was and still is a GREAT coach. He beat the best of all of them.

The new age will be Teresa Weatherspoon...

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

We have to learn from our mistakes and put emotions behind us. KM gave TECH a lot as a player and an assistant coach. I thank her for that. Spoon also gave TECH a great deal as a player. Now she has blessed TECH with her infectious drive as a coach. She will succeed. She can't help it. It is in her very being. I have no grudge on anyone from TECH that moves on for other opportunities just as I expect every TECH grad to take advantage of what the world has to offer for the skills an knowledge that TECH has built and sharpened. If you love something, let it go and maybe it will come back to give you more love in return. BE thankful that Spoon loves the school enough to come back and give back at whatever level she can. It is going to be a great ride in the next few years. If anybody embodies the heart and spirit of the TECH can do attitude, it is Spoon!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog NO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    She just might if she already has an offer in her pocket to more than double the salary that Tech offers her. And, she hasn't been an assistant at Tech for more than a decade patiently waiting her chance to be the head coach. Yep, she just might.
    She should. That was a stupid move. :bigcry:

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    D80, now you're just making an ass out of yourself. Then again, it's not the first time. :icon_wink:

Nobody's dancing around the issue but you and DD. After serving Tech faithfully as a player for 4 years and an assistant coach for 15 years, Mulkey was jerked around by a weak ass administration that repeatedly spouted off about conducting a "national head coaching search", and was too stupid to offer her the 5-yr deal.

The sad part is, you guys should have directed your anger at Dan Reneau instead of Mulkey. Reneau's the one that hurt your program for the last 7 years, not Mulkey.

HD
    Man, you need to put the 40s down. It was shown, that at the time of the contract dispute, no other coach had ever gotten a 5 year initial contract. Furthermore, it is a rule, if I'm not mistaken, that with state agencies, the job position has to be opened up for other candidates, so a national search statement was in full order. In other words, you can't just put someone in a position. There has to be competition for it even though you already know who you are going to give it to. You think Budke didn't know that the job was his when he was hired to take Kim's spot as top asst.?

I will say that I do agree with you on one thing. I do blame Dr. Reneau for not agreeing to all the terms that she laid out if he were able to do so, then we would really have known the truth. If it were possible for him to give her that fifth year and he didn't do it, I think he should have. But it wouldn't have mattered, Kim would have kept going on and on until she came to a point that Dr. Reneau's hands would have been tied and he wouldn't have been able to meet her request and you all would still be blaming him. Of course, I think the 5 year deal was that point as has been pointed out by others in the past.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

HD
    And won't be the last time either!

Was pigtails offered a contract to be HC, yes or no?

Yes.

Then she, and she alone, is the reason she is not HC at Tech.

It's not DR's fault, not my fault (I wanted and expected her to succeed Barmore), it's no one but pigtails' fault.

When did pigtails know she wasn't going to accept the job offer? I bet it was NOT all of sudden during the talk with DR. She was leaning away from Tech for years, I bet, leading up to that point. Had she been honest, at least with Barmore, he could have started grooming someone else to take his place, maybe a Micki DeMoss, for instance.

pigtails stabbed Tech, and everyone connected with it, in the back.

Just the facts.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

My worry is that the administration does not take this seriously and offer her right away. I bet she would be a hot commodotiy. It is rare to find this level of passion and name recognition to be able to recruit. I really feel she is right for the program and I want Coach Weatherspoon here for a long time.

02/13/09vs. Hawai'i *Ruston, La. W, 68-56
    01/08/09at Nevada *Reno, Nevada L, 64-57
    02/15/09vs. Nevada *Ruston, La. W, 77-59

Some scores and how different things are now. That Nevada score could have been been by bigger numbers but Coach Weatherspoon got in some bench players for experience.

Future games will tell further but I have noticed an impressive effort in both her games as head coach. Rather than playing to the competition, she is playing to the capabiliity of the team.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Okay.....taking a deep breath.....letting go.... there! all better!

I am happy to have Spoon as our HC. I don't care about anyone, and I do mean ANYONE else! it's water under the bridge.

Go Techsters!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

okay.....taking a deep breath.....letting go.... There! All better!

I am happy to have spoon as our hc. I don't care about anyone, and i do mean anyone else! It's water under the bridge.

go techsters!
    amen! Go techsters!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    What a moronic statement. Kim had given her entire career to Tech. She had been on the sidelines, coaching, recruiting, and keeping butts in the stands.

You relate Kim's story to the possibility of Spoon "throwing a hissy fit" if Spoon doesn't get a five-year contract. Spoon SHOULD NOT get a five year contract, and I'm a HUGE fan of her and WANT her to stay on as the HC.

You, and others like you, who point the finger at Kim are simply, IMNSHO, the true cry babies. And the glasses YOU view the world through must be reflectors.
    ... great post Fan...!

Kim's national championship that she won for Baylor could have been one for LaTech...
    We as fan's should all be crying about that!
    tspoon is the right coach for the Testers now and hopefully for years to come!

+ Reply to Thread