+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Econ 101

Varsity Bulldog TechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her game

Re: Econ 101

That's the best article on the subject I've seen so far. This is a pretty good read too: http://mises.org/story/3127.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Great find Dawg80. It is the best I've seen also

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

One of my best friends is a banker in Bossier and a Tech grad/fan. He can break down this entire economic situation in the most comprehensive and yet easy to understand way. Do you know what's really scary? I have several friends that are studying ECON or already have in college (not at Tech) that actually are being taught that the type of policy that Geithner believes in, is the way economics works? They're being indoctrinated in economics even, and I can't argue them out of it! My friend in Bossier affirmed that, so it explains why so many morons support this policy of wild credit. The two mis-educated people I've talked to recently are from LSU and University of South Carolina. They need to transfer to Tech immediately!

Varsity Bulldog TechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her gameTechStudent is on top of his/her game

The policies being implemented today are Keynesian (Gov't intervention needed to correct the business cycle). I have an econ degree from Tech and all my professors seemed to favor the Austrian viewpoint, which essentially states that a laissez-faire approach is ideal.

Champ teatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by TechStudent View Post
    The policies being implemented today are Keynesian (Gov't intervention needed to correct the business cycle). I have an econ degree from Tech and all my professors seemed to favor the Austrian viewpoint, which essentially states that a laissez-faire approach is ideal.

I do not think the Tech professors show any type of favor towards any economic theory. They teach them all and let the students make up their own opinion as they should. Don't bad mouth our professors. If it is so bad for one school to promote one type of theory, then why is it good if another promotes another type? I swear that newbies reading this forum get the wrong idea about our university from reading the crap some of you put on here. You'd think that our university was some backwards stuck in the 60's university that no reasonable person would want to attend. I know better and you guys know better. So stop making our university look stupid!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by teatech View Post
    I do not think the Tech professors show any type of favor towards any economic theory. They teach them all and let the students make up their own opinion as they should. Don't bad mouth our professors. If it is so bad for one school to promote one type of theory, then why is it good if another promotes another type? I swear that newbies reading this forum get the wrong idea about our university from reading the crap some of you put on here. You'd think that our university was some backwards stuck in the 60's university that no reasonable person would want to attend. I know better and you guys know better. So stop making our university look stupid!
    Show me how TS was being critical of anyone. He was making an observation. I suspect you are offended because you are a liberal - get over it.

Champ teatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Show me how TS was being critical of anyone. He was making an observation. I suspect you are offended because you are a liberal - get over it.

He's claiming our professors show bias when they do not. They merely teach economics. Saying that they show favor towards a particular theory is a flat out lie. I'm sure they are biased but they definitely don't show it. That is all that I'm saying, which is not what he's saying.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

He's claiming our professors show bias when they do not. They merely teach economics. Saying that they show favor towards a particular theory is a flat out lie. I'm sure they are biased but they definitely don't show it. That is all that I'm saying, which is not what he's saying.
    I agree with GLM. You're flying off the handle for nothing. Making our university look stupid? Come on!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Keynesians are idiots. I am glad our professors do not favor this ridiculous notion.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Keynesians are idiots. I am glad our professors do not favor this ridiculous notion.

They don't show favore towards any economic theory, they merely teach them and they teach them all.

Wow, you blew that out of proportion. Tech professors do teach all theory's and they don't force anything on anyone. They do show obvious favoritism towards free market principles and dislike for the Fed; both are inherently Austrian. There is one professor who is very obvious about showing his favoritism, and he's one of the best professors I've had at Tech.

I've also had English professors make us read some "feminist literature" that was complete crap. Is this news that some professors show bias?

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Don't you think that's asking quite a bit?

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Tech teaches you how to accomplish things - not rely on the government.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Anyway, all I remember from my college days is smoking pot, drinking daily, getting laid several times a week, and riding my motorcycle to campus. Oh, and listening to my LP records.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

+ Reply to Thread