+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Econ 101

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Re: Econ 101

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    That being said, Dr. Darrat was one of the best teachers I ever had in all my years of schooling. Not only had he been published many times in journals, he was very dynamic in the classroom. He did an outstanding job of staying unbiased, and I had no idea what his views were from his class. I dont know if he is still at Tech, but I feel bad for those who did not get to experience his classes. I had him for 2 separate classes while I was there.
    I took Money and Banking (I think it was called) as an elective (just because it looked interesting) with Dr. Darrat -- it was a fantastic class. I imagine it would be even more interesting now...

He really was (is) very good at not letting his personal opinions interfere with teaching the class...

Champ teatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by dawgcrazy View Post
    I took Money and Banking (I think it was called) as an elective (just because it looked interesting) with Dr. Darrat -- it was a fantastic class. I imagine it would be even more interesting now...

He really was (is) very good at not letting his personal opinions interfere with teaching the class...

And that is the kind of teaching I am talking about.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teatech View Post
    And that is the kind of teaching I am talking about.

...yet very hard to do.

Champ teatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    ...yet very hard to do.

I believe you guys took what I said to the extreme.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teatech View Post
    I believe you guys took what I said to the extreme.
    I think what you said was an extreme and impossible expectation. In theory, teachers should be unbiased, but the "best" universities in our country all lean in a certain direction and we all know which way it is. In the social sciences, you will see this bias worse than in other areas of the school.

+ Reply to Thread