+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nevada

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Nevada

The once undefeated 7-0 conference team now has 3 losses. Tomorrow, WE can make it 4 and bring them into a second place log jam with us.

Nevada looked good at the beginning of the season, but many of us suspected that they would take some hits on the road. I did NOT, however, guess that they would lose to NMSU. That makes things REALLY REALLY interesting!

They fought hard last night and came up short. Let's hope they are worn out for today and we can make this weekend a 0-2 trip for them.

We are in the thick of the race again after Fresno and Nevada lost last night. We still get to play Fresno again.

Nevada barely beat us at their place. Tomorrow is winnable. We are going to have to work HARD, though. Like Spoon stated in the post game show last night, we have GOT to do better rebounding and we have GOT to find our offense. The defensive intensity is there. We have to put the ball in the hole, though. Nevada is slower than us, but very methodical. We have to disrupt their rythm, get in the passing lanes, and go after the boards HARD.

I am sure that they will zone us. That means that we will have to get some fast break points and hit from the outside more. We need one of those nights when Pringle, Stewart, Jones, and Thomas are feeling it.

Wysinger didn't score a lot last night, but she played a huge part for us. Some of her defensive plays and steal were just awesome. We need her to continue to improve and be a play maker for us. Johnson and Dowdell are going to have to work hard to get open and be money for us when they get it inside. They will collapse on Dowdell, so we need Johnson to keep stepping up big for us.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Nevada

With Fresno getting beat by Idaho last night and playing Boise today, there is going to be a big log jam in second place by tomorrow evening. The funny thing is that Idaho (a team we swept) could find themselves in a tie for first place tomorrow with either Boise or Fresno.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to cheering for OUR LADY TECHSTERS again Sunday against Nevada.

OUR LADIES effort and hard play and intensity was so incredibly awesome Friday!! The whole game was electric. There are many special girls on this year's team, and it is great to see them play like they did Friday night. I believe OUR LADY TECHSTERS will re-energize for Sunday and give another dynamite effort getting after Nevada.

LOVE OUR LADY TECHSTERS!!!!

Varsity Bulldog buchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    With Fresno getting beat by Idaho last night and playing Boise today, there is going to be a big log jam in second place by tomorrow evening. The funny thing is that Idaho (a team we swept) could find themselves in a tie for first place tomorrow with either Boise or Fresno.

being swept by Idaho scares me the most, they control the tie breaker so as a dog fan I have to hope they drop a ton of games down the stretch so we are not tied with them. I could be wrong but is Nevada on a 3-game Losing streak? I thought they would 1 or 2 games but I wasnt expecting anything like this.

Quote Originally Posted by buchananbando5 View Post
    being swept by Idaho scares me the most, they control the tie breaker so as a dog fan I have to hope they drop a ton of games down the stretch so we are not tied with them. I could be wrong but is Nevada on a 3-game Losing streak? I thought they would 1 or 2 games but I wasnt expecting anything like this.
    I had the same thought about Nevada. I knew they would start losing some on the road, but nothing like this.

Oh, as a Techster fan, I hope Fresno has to go through Idaho before getting to us in the WAC tournament. :icon_wink:

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

I don't get Fresno State, they beat a ranked TCU team earlier in the season and easily beat us in Ruston and knocked Nevada in Reno...but they lose to Idaho twice and we've beat Idaho twice haha...

I guess that's why we all play the game and I hope we take down the Wolfpack. I'm getting so excited about the chance of us positioning ourselves well for the WAC championship.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNGuy View Post
    I don't get Fresno State, they beat a ranked TCU team earlier in the season and easily beat us in Ruston and knocked Nevada in Reno...but they lose to Idaho twice and we've beat Idaho twice haha...

I guess that's why we all play the game and I hope we take down the Wolfpack. I'm getting so excited about the chance of us positioning ourselves well for the WAC championship.
    Hot and cold shooting. Fresno is living by it this year. When they are hot, they are hot, but when not - they can be beat.

In any case, if it is something else, I hope we are studying that Idaho film.

This is a HUGE game today! I will again state that I am not expecting miracles. Spoon and this team can only improve so much in a week. However, I want to see the fight in our team. I want to see intensity the whole game. If we win, we are certainly back in the title race. If we lose, we lose. I won't hold that against Spoon or the team.

Saying all that, I believe that we CAN beat Nevada. We just have to get out there and fight hard. Nevada is going to be mad as heck after their loss on Saturday night, so we won't catch them off guard. They are going to play hard and tough.

We need to improve our rebounding from Friday night. Nevada will be much tougher to rebound against than Hawaii and we got out rebounded by Hawaii. Also, we need to find our offense. If our guards can hit some from the outside and get hot, we will be fine. If they can't, we are going to struggle on offense. Nevada will pack the paint and make it difficult to get it inside. I expect a zone defense from Nevada. That means that hitting outside shots and DRIVING inside will be our bread and butter. Also, we need to keep the pressure on defensively. No lapses. Pressure them all the way. We have the better athletes.

It is going to be a tough game. All I ask is that we leave it all on the court. FIGHT for it!

Just reading the article on NMSU's victory over Nevada. Nevada lead the whole game up until about 3 minutes left. At one point Nevada was up by 17 points in the second half. NMSU stormed back and won the game. That took guts and a "never quit" attitude. That is what we are going to HAVE to have today to have a chance.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

This is a HUGE game today! I will again state that I am not expecting miracles. Spoon and this team can only improve so much in a week. However, I want to see the fight in our team. I want to see intensity the whole game. If we win, we are certainly back in the title race. If we lose, we lose. I won't hold that against Spoon or the team.

Saying all that, I believe that we CAN beat Nevada. We just have to get out there and fight hard. Nevada is going to be mad as heck after their loss on Saturday night, so we won't catch them off guard. They are going to play hard and tough.

We need to improve our rebounding from Friday night. Nevada will be much tougher to rebound against than Hawaii and we got out rebounded by Hawaii. Also, we need to find our offense. If our guards can hit some from the outside and get hot, we will be fine. If they can't, we are going to struggle on offense. Nevada will pack the paint and make it difficult to get it inside. I expect a zone defense from Nevada. That means that hitting outside shots and DRIVING inside will be our bread and butter. Also, we need to keep the pressure on defensively. No lapses. Pressure them all the way. We have the better athletes.

It is going to be a tough game. All I ask is that we leave it all on the court. FIGHT for it!
    This is where Wysinger can really help us when she's healthy. We've missed this part of our game and its great to have her coming back in time for the WAC tournament. Heading out to eat and over to Ruston.

GO LADY TECHSTERS!!!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    This is where Wysinger can really help us when she's healthy. We've missed this part of our game and its great to have her coming back in time for the WAC tournament. Heading out to eat and over to Ruston.

GO LADY TECHSTERS!!!
    ---
    I have been looking forward to this game! now I have a bumb foot and can't make it to the game!!!
    I hope everyone else can get to the game and root on the Techsters on my behalf...
    I too think Whysinger is gonna make the difference on this down hill stretch!
    Today would be a good day as any for her to have a break out game!
    good luck Techsters!!

+ Reply to Thread