+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game week!

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

Re: Game week!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Come on...this is probably just Sim's way of bailing out the athletic department for not budgeting that into the baseball budget. I'm sure he realizes the recruiting oppertunities that it would open up. The fact is, we are still a relativly small program without the money, so instead of saying "we don't have the money for that," which could scare away some prospective athletes, Sim chose to say it this way so that recruits can see it as him wanting to win more. It is finding a way to say NO without ever saying "NO." We do it in the restaurant business all the time.
    LaTechTV was done last year at no cost to the athletic department. Once they got the new press box ready, they could have easily streamed the games. The guy that was running LaTechTV wanted to stream the games, but Sim said no. They did do streaming for the WAC Tournament because they were required to.....of course, we weren't exactly playing in it.

If Sim gave it the go-ahead, it would be done. The baseball budget has nothing to do with LaTechTV.

Edit: With all the equipment over at the TAC, they probably wouldn't start streaming games anyway until basketball season ended.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

In that case perhaps he figures that his players can't hear you cheer when you are in your livign room.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    I hope the baseball team comes out of nowhere this year to finish high in the WAC. We could use a nice surprise after MBB didn't meet the lofty expectations.
    I agree with you totally. However, as a fan of both basketball and baseball, I would have to say that last year's baseball season was the most disappointed I've ever been with any TECH sport in over 40 years. This MBB season does not even come close to my disappointment with baseball last season.

Quote Originally Posted by rustondawg5198 View Post
    LaTechTV was done last year at no cost to the athletic department. Once they got the new press box ready, they could have easily streamed the games. The guy that was running LaTechTV wanted to stream the games, but Sim said no. They did do streaming for the WAC Tournament because they were required to.....of course, we weren't exactly playing in it.

If Sim gave it the go-ahead, it would be done. The baseball budget has nothing to do with LaTechTV.

Edit: With all the equipment over at the TAC, they probably wouldn't start streaming games anyway until basketball season ended.
    I can't imagine anyone paying frequently for a one camera internet broadcast of baseball. I'm not sure there would be enough revenue to justify the expense to LaTechTV.

I wish Sim would have agreed to a broadcast for those who can't make it to the game. Also, the no-cost to the budget broadcast could have been a marketing tool for baseball - advertise upcoming games during breaks in the action.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Games one would probably look to video stream and charge would be when a Fresno, Hawaii, etc. come to town as a lot of those folks would buy it. It is not so much about locals buying it that can easily get to game.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Game week!

Sim has said in the past that he doesn't want all his home games broadcast via streaming video. In his view, it's a "free scouting report" for everyone they play. So I'll be surprised if there's any LaTechTV for baseball.
    I sure hope this is not Sims' real reason for not streaming the games. That is a totally bogus reason and doesn't make any sense at all.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Why are we getting all bent out of shape about not streaming games? Do you people remember how much you complained about the bad streams for football?

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

It's pretty simple. There won't be any video streaming for home games. Just spend your money, support Tech athletics, and get your butt to the ballpark.

If you can't get to the ballpark, listen to Dave.
    If Dave's not broadcasting, there's always Gametracker.
    If we're somewhere like Grambling where an internet connection in the press box is a foreign concept, just wait for the game story on the web site, like the "good ol' days."

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Ok so I've taken some time and tracked down what is the real reason as to why there is no streaming LaTechTV. Sim wanted to have it last year from what I understand, but the LaTechTV people wouldn't supply enough people to set it up and run it. Therefore, they didn't have it... this year is the same problem...however, it is also my understanding that Sim might try to use some of the redshirts to work the equipment, providing they can be trained properly and in time. So while I was wrong about it being something about the budget, you weren't completly correct about how if Sim gave it the go-ahead, it would be done. If you have a better knowledge of the situation would you please tell me what you know?

We are making a big deal out of it because it is a big deal to have the same oppertunities for all sports... not just basketball and football... These guys have put in just as much time in the weightroom and in practice as anyone else who plays a college sport, shouldn't tey get some airtime and some respect too. I know they aren't going to draw the crowds that the money making sports would, but the administration and anyone involved with promotion of the school should show the same kind of respect and support to the small sports.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Ok so I've taken some time and tracked down what is the real reason as to why there is no streaming LaTechTV. Sim wanted to have it last year from what I understand, but the LaTechTV people wouldn't supply enough people to set it up and run it. Therefore, they didn't have it... this year is the same problem...however, it is also my understanding that Sim might try to use some of the redshirts to work the equipment, providing they can be trained properly and in time. So while I was wrong about it being something about the budget, you weren't completly correct about how if Sim gave it the go-ahead, it would be done. If you have a better knowledge of the situation would you please tell me what you know?

We are making a big deal out of it because it is a big deal to have the same oppertunities for all sports... not just basketball and football... These guys have put in just as much time in the weightroom and in practice as anyone else who plays a college sport, shouldn't tey get some airtime and some respect too. I know they aren't going to draw the crowds that the money making sports would, but the administration and anyone involved with promotion of the school should show the same kind of respect and support to the small sports.
    I can buy that. Sim does not like to do things the Bush League way.

Bulldog Ghost Rider seems to have something between the earsGhost Rider seems to have something between the earsGhost Rider seems to have something between the earsGhost Rider seems to have something between the earsGhost Rider seems to have something between the earsGhost Rider seems to have something between the earsGhost Rider seems to have something between the ears

It's pretty simple. There won't be any video streaming for home games. Just spend your money, support Tech athletics, and get your butt to the ballpark.

If you can't get to the ballpark, listen to Dave.
    If Dave's not broadcasting, there's always Gametracker.
    If we're somewhere like Grambling where an internet connection in the press box is a foreign concept, just wait for the game story on the web site, like the "good ol' days."
    I would gladly get my "butt" and the rest of me to the balpark . However 200 miles 3.5 hours 1 way plus hotels and meals makes it tough. I will make some games but I also would gladly pay to see the games via internet that I can't make.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

While we are complaining, isn't the season home opener on the same night as the football banquet?

I know what Sim said last year. He might be more open to it if we're charging, makes opposing coaches/video directors have to at least pay if they want "scouting reports."

Also, referring to LaTechTV "people" -- incorrect. Last year, there was a LaTechTV person. One. Singular. He had no help, and he did it for free. Dooley finally got on board with it this year and they stepped it up a little bit.

Oh, as for showing "respect to the small sports", soccer and volleyball had all their home matches streamed. And as bad as those programs have been historically, it doesn't get any more small-time than that.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    While we are complaining, isn't the season home opener on the same night as the football banquet?
    Worse than that, it's against an opponent that won't likely be much of a draw for fans. The die-hards will be there, though.

I know what Sim said last year. He might be more open to it if we're charging, makes opposing coaches/video directors have to at least pay if they want "scouting reports."

Also, referring to LaTechTV "people" -- incorrect. Last year, there was a LaTechTV person. One. Singular. He had no help, and he did it for free. Dooley finally got on board with it this year and they stepped it up a little bit.

Oh, as for showing "respect to the small sports", soccer and volleyball had all their home matches streamed. And as bad as those programs have been historically, it doesn't get any more small-time than that.
    Are you that person? Is that why you are getting so defensive about this? I choose to believe the people I've spoken to over you on this matter... I've always had it given to me straight by my guy. Even in times when it might not have been what I wanted to hear...

Are you that person? Is that why you are getting so defensive about this? I choose to believe the people I've spoken to over you on this matter... I've always had it given to me straight by my guy. Even in times when it might not have been what I wanted to hear...
    Doesn't matter who I am. And no, I'm not that person. And I'm giving it to you as straight as I know how. (That's what she said.)

+ Reply to Thread