+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: We are a joke!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: We are a joke!

Look, we lost by 2 at NMSt but should have won. And that was with our best guy on the bench for most of the game and a walk on PG. Give it time guys.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So, you would continue to lose like this for FIVE YEARS before starting the coaching search?

Thank you Jim Oakes.

HD
    I believe in giving a coach adequate time to prove himself. 2 years is not adequate.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    I believe in giving a coach adequate time to prove himself. 2 years is not adequate.
    So.....just how long is LONG ENOUGH?????

HD

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

So.....just how long is LONG ENOUGH?????

HD
    There is no definite answer to that question, only opinions. Mine happens to be that 2 years is not long enough.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    There is no definite answer to that question, only opinions. Mine happens to be that 2 years is not long enough.

I believe in giving a coach enough time as well. But, 2 to 3 yrs is long enough to show some progress, and so far, we're not seeing much progress.

No worries. If Rupp doesn't win alot more games in year 3, Dooley will see to it that he doesn't get a year 4. Unlike you, Dooley isn't afraid to make a decision. He proved that with the Chris Long firing. :icon_wink:

HD

I believe in giving a coach enought time as well. But, if Rupp doesn't win alot more games in year 3, Dooley will see to it that he doesn't get a year 4. Unlike you, Dooley isn't afraid to make a decision. He proved that with the Chris Long firing. :icon_wink:

HD
    I'm sorry...do I know you? Because you make it sound like we know each other making statements such as me being afraid to make a decision.

I believe in giving a coach enough time as well. But, 2 to 3 yrs is long enough to show some progress, and so far, we're not seeing much progress.

No worries. If Rupp doesn't win alot more games in year 3, Dooley will see to it that he doesn't get a year 4. Unlike you, Dooley isn't afraid to make a decision. He proved that with the Chris Long firing. :icon_wink:

HD
    We ended last season 6-24. This season isn't over, and we're at 11-16 with many games that could have gone either way. You don't call that progress?

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    i hope you're not still saying this in year 5 of the rupp experiment.

because if he's still here then, the results will be the same.
    Holy crap Bret. And you accused me of over exaggerating examples. Get a clue. You act like you know nothing about sports. I guess it fits with being a sports journalist.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

you didn't catch my point. i was saying things aren't going to chance. year 2, year 3, year 23. when you lose seven games by five points or less, that falls back on the coaching. the old saying is great players can win you games you're supposed to win, but it takes great coaching to win the close games. kerry rupp is not a great coach.
    One possession games are about the players, not the coach. We have lost 4 games in the WAC (atleast) on a last second shot. At Hawaii we failed to tip the ball in on a last second shot. When Hawaii came here they knocked down a shot at the last second. Nevada hit a 3 at the buzzer for the win. And now we barely miss a last second 3 for a win. How does that have to do with coaching? Guyton and Gibson were the only 2 making a shot tonight. What would you have done differently?

BTW Kerry Rupp has beaten Nevada in Reno. IN a close game.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG28 View Post
    Get a new coach!
    Not yet...

but when we do start looking for one again, I hope that he lets you practice on his court. Then maybe you'll approve!! :icon_wink:

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Holy crap Bret. And you accused me of over exaggerating examples. Get a clue. You act like you know nothing about sports. I guess it fits with being a sports journalist.
    how is what i said an overexaggeration, juice? how is it overexaggerating to think that this team has taken steps backward than last year's teams? we've already lost more game this year than i predicted, and i was very conservative at just 15 wins!
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Puppy colvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your timecolvillea Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I really hope most of the fans at La. Tech aren't like the ones on this board. I watched the game last night and that was one of the greatest comebacks I have seen in awhile. They are down 16 with about 3 to go and have a shot at the buzzer to win. Being a coach, sometimes when you lose 7 games by 5 points or less with less talent means you are coaching. They lost two scholarship pg. and a starting center. This team has won as many as Richard did in his last year and he didn't leave anything to the program. Again, for the sake of Darius, I hope most of your fans are not like the ones on the board.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colvillea View Post
    I really hope most of the fans at La. Tech aren't like the ones on this board. I watched the game last night and that was one of the greatest comebacks I have seen in awhile. They are down 16 with about 3 to go and have a shot at the buzzer to win. Being a coach, sometimes when you lose 7 games by 5 points or less with less talent means you are coaching. They lost two scholarship pg. and a starting center. This team has won as many as Richard did in his last year and he didn't leave anything to the program. Again, for the sake of Darius, I hope most of your fans are not like the ones on the board.
    We are not. There are 5 or 6 complete idiots that have to show their butts at every turn. It is not too difficult to figure out who they are. Without taking a roll call, it appears that they have all posted on this thread.

Unfortunately, they are like turds in a punch bowl. Kind of hard to get around the taint. I can assure you that they do not speak for the vast majority of TECH fans.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colvillea View Post
    Would we have this thread after a blowout? The fact that we barely lost after an amazing comeback stings worse I think.

Colville, we always get irritated with losses. We were in meltdown mode during football season after the Army loss. I think it's the nature of all internet fan message boards. When fans get frustrated, they vent.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

how is what i said an overexaggeration, juice? how is it overexaggerating to think that this team has taken steps backward than last year's teams? we've already lost more game this year than i predicted, and i was very conservative at just 15 wins!
    All you've proven is that your prognostication skills aren't up to snuff. This team has won almost twice as many games as last season's team and they've done it without a PG. Yes, I know everyone loves to talk about the skill we have. It reminds me of football when we make predictions based on recruiting classes. Sometimes we're right, but most of the times we overestimate the players skill to make us feel better. The one possibly valid knock on this staff is that they were too ready to gamble on transfers and they missed some character issues that have adversely affected this team. That, I can buy. Claims that we suck because we don't have enough kids from North Louisiana, I don't buy.

Further, your claim that the results will be the same in a few years is just your opinion and projection, and we've already seen that projections aren't your forte. :icon_wink:
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread