+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saints release Deuce

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Saints release Deuce

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    My question is who is a good one we can get? It seems like most of these guys dont last long or stay good long enough to become vets.
    Exactly...take a young bruiser in the 3rd or 4th. Jennings or Foster could fit the bill very easily.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I'm not sold on the fact that Bush can't get more carries either. I still think the Saints under-utilize him. I wouldn't give him 30 carries a game or anything like that mind you but certainly more than he is getting.
    I think you're right. I think he could easily get 15-20 touches per game if he had a good bruiser to take the heat off of him...ala a healthy Deuce.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I think you're right. I think he could easily get 15-20 touches per game if he had a good bruiser to take the heat off of him...ala a healthy Deuce.
    Healthy Deuce = Sober Spinoza

But yeah I agree with your point.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Exactly...take a young bruiser in the 3rd or 4th. Jennings or Foster could fit the bill very easily.
    my problem with taking a back with a mid-round pick is do you remember the last one we took? yeah, he's not with the saints anymore, but the undrafted free agent pierre thomas is.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    my problem with taking a back with a mid-round pick is do you remember the last one we took? yeah, he's not with the saints anymore, but the undrafted free agent pierre thomas is.
    Not sure trends like that are very useful in deciding who to take. Clearly, no guy is a guarantee, but surely one of these bruisers would work for a few seasons. Veteran bruisers are just as big of a gamble because of their health.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Not sure trends like that are very useful in deciding who to take. Clearly, no guy is a guarantee, but surely one of these bruisers would work for a few seasons. Veteran bruisers are just as big of a gamble because of their health.
    i'm just not sure i trust this staff to be very good at evaluating talent in the draft.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

i'm just not sure i trust this staff to be very good at evaluating talent in the draft.
    But you trust them to make a wise free agent deal?

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    But you trust them to make a wise free agent deal?
    more. the jason david deal is one of the worst ever, and they can't seem to find a good mix in the secondary. but they have made some free agent deals/trades that have been good. it's a lot easier to look at a player's nfl production and project into the future than it is to evaluate young talent in the draft.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

A few more Colston-like picks in the 7th round would be ok

I'm not so concerned on the offensive side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    A few more Colston-like picks in the 7th round would be ok
    please, that's like actually giving credit to the patriots for stumbling upon brady in the sixth round. sometimes you just get lucky! even sean payton admitted that if they really liked colston, they would have taken him a lot sooner than they did!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

more. the jason david deal is one of the worst ever, and they can't seem to find a good mix in the secondary. but they have made some free agent deals/trades that have been good. it's a lot easier to look at a player's nfl production and project into the future than it is to evaluate young talent in the draft.
    Maybe so. But Free Agency is dangerous, too. I trust my team much more in the draft than in FA.

I think the trick is that the high end free agents don't usually pay off, but it is a great way to fill roster spots and lower profile positions. I guess goal-line back probably fits that bill.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Reggie 30 carries? I don't think so. I'm as big a Reggie fan as anyone, but he is not a 30 carry back. Not even close. 25 touches a game would be reasonable, but not 30 carries. No one in the NFL gets (deserves) 30 carries/game these days, especially with a quarterback like Brees (and the Saints porous defense). I would say 10-15 carries, 6-10 receptions/game. Personally I would rather Pierre get the bulk of the carries, and allow Reggie to catch the ball and work more in space

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

If I'm the Saints I don't draft a single offensive player...

Everything should be geared to improving the defense and you shore up the offense through trades and mid-level FA's....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    Reggie 30 carries? I don't think so. I'm as big a Reggie fan as anyone, but he is not a 30 carry back. Not even close. 25 touches a game would be reasonable, but not 30 carries. No one in the NFL gets (deserves) 30 carries/game these days, especially with a quarterback like Brees (and the Saints porous defense). I would say 10-15 carries, 6-10 receptions/game. Personally I would rather Pierre get the bulk of the carries, and allow Reggie to catch the ball and work more in space
    I don't think anyone was saying give Reggie 30 carries, just more touches in general.

+ Reply to Thread