+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tyson Chandler gone

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Tyson Chandler gone

They said CP3 and West were untouchable but they really wanted to get rid of both Chandler and Peja. They haven't had many takers on Peja though. Trade deadline is on Thursday though so you never know.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I'm not a big NBA guy, so I had never heard of either of the two guys the Hornets got. They are both about 6-10 and 225. (Tyson is 7-1 and 235.) They both have career stats that aren't much less than Tyson's, though. It seems most people think the big difference is that Tyson can stand in against the big bangers better than either of these two. I would think it will be the defensive presence in the lane, and the lack of the key rebound, that hurts the Hornets. It doesn't seem that the Hornets have a big-time center on the roster now.
    i'm not going to sit here and pretend that wilcox and smith are as good as tyson chandler. i'm also not going to sit here and pretend that tyson has been all that great this year even when he was on the floor. 8 and 8 for the money the hornets are paying him? i just think they decided he wasn't worth the luxury tax they were going to pay in comparison to his production, and they saw a chance to move some salary in order to get under the salary cap.

wilcox is going to give some effective minutes. he's not the shotblocking presence that tyson was, but he can score and rebound in the post. joe smith, if he can keep his knee healthy, could be a huge commodity in the playoffs. he played a valuable role for the cavs last year when he was acquired along with several other veterans after the all-star break. he was traded during the offseason in the trade that allowed cleveland to get mo williams, and there was talk about the cavs trying to re-acquire him through a trade this season. his numbers aren't great, but he's very effective when healthy. think of him as a p.j. brown-type of veteran.

Quote Originally Posted by Red's Better View Post
    I think im going to throw up. We just to a HUGE step backwards. If they let CP3 slip away I can honestly say it will be very difficult for me to be a fan.
    this trade was, in part, necessitated by the recent max contract the hornets gave cp3. it put them over the luxury tax threshold and a move was needed. of all the guys they had, this one was the most tradeable asset. i would have ultimately loved to have seen them move peja, but there's no demand for his contract right now. he's still got 2 years and nearly $30 million left on his deal, and since nearly everyone is trying to shed money for the 2010 free agent class, he isn't movable. in two years, when that contract is expiring, however, he'll be a hot commodity.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    i'm not going to sit here and pretend that wilcox and smith are as good as tyson chandler. i'm also not going to sit here and pretend that tyson has been all that great this year even when he was on the floor. 8 and 8 for the money the hornets are paying him? i just think they decided he wasn't worth the luxury tax they were going to pay in comparison to his production, and they saw a chance to move some salary in order to get under the salary cap.

wilcox is going to give some effective minutes. he's not the shotblocking presence that tyson was, but he can score and rebound in the post. joe smith, if he can keep his knee healthy, could be a huge commodity in the playoffs. he played a valuable role for the cavs last year when he was acquired along with several other veterans after the all-star break. he was traded during the offseason in the trade that allowed cleveland to get mo williams, and there was talk about the cavs trying to re-acquire him through a trade this season. his numbers aren't great, but he's very effective when healthy. think of him as a p.j. brown-type of veteran.

this trade was, in part, necessitated by the recent max contract the hornets gave cp3. it put them over the luxury tax threshold and a move was needed. of all the guys they had, this one was the most tradeable asset. i would have ultimately loved to have seen them move peja, but there's no demand for his contract right now. he's still got 2 years and nearly $30 million left on his deal, and since nearly everyone is trying to shed money for the 2010 free agent class, he isn't movable. in two years, when that contract is expiring, however, he'll be a hot commodity.

You got that right. Expiring contracts are gold in the NBA.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

The Spurs seem happy about the deal:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...tes/index.html

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Funny how things work out. Hopefully he can get healthy and the Hornets can make a late season surge into the playoffs and make some noise.

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    i would have ultimately loved to have seen them move peja, but there's no demand for his contract right now. he's still got 2 years and nearly $30 million left on his deal, and since nearly everyone is trying to shed money for the 2010 free agent class, he isn't movable. in two years, when that contract is expiring, however, he'll be a hot commodity.
    I really wish this was the case, since that would make him much more tradeable than he currently is, but unfortunately Peja signed a five year deal in the summer of 2006 which means his deal expires after the 2010-2011 season. Too late for the 'Bron/Wade/Bosh freeforall.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlam View Post
    I really wish this was the case, since that would make him much more tradeable than he currently is, but unfortunately Peja signed a five year deal in the summer of 2006 which means his deal expires after the 2010-2011 season. Too late for the 'Bron/Wade/Bosh freeforall.
    isn't that exactly what i said? he still has two years left on his deal (that would be after this season). therefore, that would be 09-10 and 10-11. i never said he would be available to get off the books for the 2010 free agent class. but someone's gonna want to wheel and deal for the class of 2011, and peja will be tradeable then.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread