+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2004 homerun derby

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

2004 homerun derby

Two things were made blatently obvious in my 2 AM watching of the 2004 homerun derby...

1) I have an unhealthy obsession with baseball and MLB TV.
    2) Half the field of the derby that year was made up of admited or susspected steroid users...i.e. Barry Bonds, Rafael Palmero, Sammy Sosa, and the winner that year Miguel Tejeda.

Others involved in this derby included : Lance Berkman (a fill in for Ken Griffey Jr.), Hank Blalock, Jim Thome, and David Ortiz

I also found it funny how both Joe Morgan and Reggie Jackson made mention of how much "bigger" the quote unquote homerun hitters of the day were than their respective counterparts.

Also shown was the single round homerun records in a derby listed as such at the time..

1)Miguel Tejada
    2)Sammy Sosa
    3)Albert Pujols*
    4)Mark McGuire

*= not currently linked to steroids (I find it easier now to put an astriks next to those who haven't cheated rather than those who have.)

Also, in a related note, during the commercial break I flipped to the NFL network just in time to see them rant on how Nick Saban was the #6 ranked coach who should have stayed in the college ranks and to hear an old gentleman say "if he walked in this room right now you would have to pull me off that slimy two faced bastard." I couldn't help but laugh at this

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Re: 2004 homerun derby

MLB is an unhealthy addiction?

I admit that I am obsessed with MLB. My obsession with MLB began in 1957. My first period of obsession with baseball ended during the 1994 World Series. :icon_wink:

I began a partial boycott of MLB after the 1994 season. My boycott consisted of not going to games. The boycott ended late in the 1998 season when I attended a series in Houston.

Since 1998 I have become obsessed with MLB again. I'm going to games again. Right now, my goal is to see all the MLB teams in their home stadiums.

Only a strike/lockout like we experienced in 1994 could slow my obsession.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

I watch around 2 hours average of MLB Network a night and for the most part, my wife is ok with it. As a life long baseball fan, I can't get enough!

I think 2004 was the last year those guys, except for Bonds, juiced because after that, their production started falling and the guys who are considered natural hitters started getting more attention.

I do like how you "*" Pujols, but there has been whispers up here that he was majorly juicing in college and was taking something up untill a couple seasons ago. Oddly enough, that was the time that he started having elbow injuries...that he's apparently had for many seasons but just never said anything about it...

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

The only thing that makes it unhealthy is the fact that it usually keeps me up until 3AM when I ahve to turn around and be at work the next morning and all I'm doing is watching games from anywhere between 1950s and 1990s. Or old homerun derbys and indepth ballpark analysis.

Which brings up my question to all the MLB network users out there... what is your favorite show that comes on there? Mine is a tie between "Cathedrals of the Game" and the Ken Burns series.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Prime 9 and Ken Burns' Baseball for me. I have only seeing one show of that Cathedrals of the Game and it wasn't even the whole show. If I could catch it on one night, I would probably watch it. I wish they would repeat programing later in the night like other networks. They show Hot Stove 5 times a day, but Prime 9 comes on only in it's time slot and is not repeated.

I know... that is kinda upsetting. I've only seen prime 9 once. The thing I like about Cathedrals is that the host is smoking hot and some of the things they show that the average fan wouldn't see. ie: inside the monster at Fenway... the archives room at the HOF... and did I mention how smoking hot the host of thes show is? The three things i look for in a woman...
    1) Being from the south
    2) Being sexy
    3) Knowing her baseball

The host has at least two of these and I only say that because I'm unsure of where she is from. Hell two out of three isn't bad ... a .667 average will get you to the Hall on the first ballot

+ Reply to Thread