+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will this be the Cubs "next year"?

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Baseball Will this be the Cubs "next year"?

I will be the first to admit that I am a bandwagon guy for the Cubs. Never really followed them after Sandberg retired. I've been an Angels fan since I can remember, but this past year I got to visit Wrigley for two games against Washington. I became a fan again. The atmosphere was only rivaled by the one I experienced 6 days earlier at Fenway. I can't help but want these guys to win. The fans are like those of the Saints... they have been throug alot and they always show up the next year. It is an unbelievable place to watch a game and it just takes you back to what the good old days must have been. Fenway gave me the same feelings, but the fans in Boston were kinda rude and they seem to be heading towards the style of the EVIL EMPIRE and their fans. So here I go with my predictions... CUBS vs. White Sox in the World Series... with the CUBS in 6 games. I have the Yankees getting back in the playoffs which will mean that Boston will be the odd man out from that division as Tampa will get the wild card out of the AL East.

AL
    CWS vs. TB
    NYY vs. OAK

CWS vs. NYY

NL
    CHI vs. ARZ
    PHI vs. MILW

CHI vs. MILW

These are my predictions... keep in mind, I'm making these before a single spring training game, thinking just about last years performances and off-season aquisitions. Anyone else want to make some predictions now and we will see how close we were once October gets here?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Will this be the Cubs "next year"?

No, let me be the first to say of the Cubbies....wait til next year!

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    No, let me be the first to say of the Cubbies....wait til next year!
    Cardinals or Brewers fan?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Where is BlueCrew when you need him?

Fox and myself are about as hardcore Cubs fans as there is -

No this will not be the Cubbies year -

I will not fall in that trap :bigcry:
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Yea went to wrigley for the first time last year and shed a tear.

Cubbies should coast until the playoffs. Alas like my saints, you got to see it to believe it. I thought last year was it:bigcry:

dare to dream... Dwayne...dare to dream

Give us a little prediction then

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Give us a little prediction then
    They will rip my heart out, stomp on it and then drive a stake through it...

And I will come back for more the next time....

92 wins and they barely miss the play-offs or 96 wins and they bow out again in the first round -

:bigcry:
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    They will rip my heart out, stomp on it and then drive a steak through it...

And I will come back for more the next time....

92 wins and they barely miss the play-offs or 96 wins and they bow out again in the first round -

:bigcry:

Double whammy. They make the NL championship and lose in 7.

but you wouldn't have it any other way... well except for a World Series Championship

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Double whammy. They make the NL championship (as a wild card) and lose in 7 (to the true kings of the NL-Central).

I fixed it for you.

would you like to be a little more specific?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

would you like to be a little more specific?
    The team that has actually won one in the last 15 years. And 10 overall.

ur a cards fan?

ur a cards fan?
    Yep.

oh well we can't all be perfect

+ Reply to Thread