+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Will this be the Cubs "next year"?

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Re: Will this be the Cubs "next year"?

Big Z looked good...real good!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

to bad our Japanese friend is starting the year the same way he ended last season.

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Just to see if I can make anyone jealous... I'll be in Houston on Tuesday watching our beloved CUBS against the Astros
    Everybody sit down and relax, cause the cubs won't win 162 this year.
    I was there Monday night to watch my Stros lose. Hopefully you were there tonight to watch my beloved ASTROS return the favor.

chicago cubs.... a century of nothing

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Well I just looked back on my predictions... not looking too good...I need some majorly crazy things to go my way in the last few weeks...

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    they are 1-0. Get the credit card ready, time to order playoff tickets. Ha ha!! The words of a hopeless romantic.
    One word says it all.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

As ya'll know I'm a Cubbie through and through -

Would rather see them win the World Series than see the Saints win the Super Bowl or see Dallas go 0-16....

But suspending Bradley for "comments detrimental to the game" is bogus - the Cubs, by definition are a detriment to the game

:bigcry:
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

Would rather see them win the World Series than see the Saints win the Super Bowl or see Dallas go 0-16....

But suspending Bradley for "comments detrimental to the game" is bogus - the Cubs, by definition are a detriment to the game

Yeah they should have suspended him for playing detrimental to the game. That guy sucked all year. I agree with you on seeing the Cubbies win the World Series, however the Saints winning the Super Bowl is a very close second. Both stand about the same chances of happening.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

He sort of seems like MLB's Terrell Owens.

Good old Memorial Gym

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Yeah they should have suspended him for playing detrimental to the game. That guy sucked all year. I agree with you on seeing the Cubbies win the World Series, however the Saints winning the Super Bowl is a very close second. Both stand about the same chances of happening.

Exactly, how can the guy sit there and rail on the organization and being losers, when he has been terrible all year? It isnt like he was hitting 310 with 30 bombs and 100 rbis. He was the single biggest waste of cash on the team, somehow eveyrone but the Cubs knew this.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    somehow eveyrone but the Cubs knew this.
    That's why they're are the Cubs
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    He sort of seems like MLB's Terrell Owens.

Just alot less productive.

That's why they're are the Cubs

No....the fact that they knew it too, but still chose to get him is what makes them the CUBS... oh well, I'll say it... WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Exactly, how can the guy sit there and rail on the organization and being losers, when he has been terrible all year? It isnt like he was hitting 310 with 30 bombs and 100 rbis. He was the single biggest waste of cash on the team, somehow eveyrone but the Cubs knew this.

one correction. You have to pull out the Charles Barkley impersonation here. Turable, just turable!

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    No....the fact that they knew it too, but still chose to get him is what makes them the CUBS... oh well, I'll say it... WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR.
    They knew that he was volatile, but they thought his on the field play was worth it. I will say this that it is a double edged sword, since Bradly is a me first player. If he is playing well, he tends to be much more pleasant and not as disruptive to the team. Once he starts sucking, he starts being more disruptive to the team. So, you either get the double bonus (Rangers last year) or the double negative Cubs this year).

+ Reply to Thread