+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Missed Stimulation Opportunity

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: A Missed Stimulation Opportunity

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought y'all were talking about Easydawg and his last trip to the strip club.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    I'm not going to buy another traditional ICE vehicle. My next car or truck will be a hybrid, hopefully a plug-in.
    Forget plug-in hybrid. This is what I want:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/03/g...r-by-giugiaro/

Basically, the small rotary engine acts as a generator to charge batteries for electric motors.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Forget plug-in hybrid. This is what I want:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/03/g...r-by-giugiaro/

Basically, the small rotary engine acts as a generator to charge batteries for electric motors.
    I'll take one in blue please.

Maybe someone can exlpain to me why it's such a problem to create an electric car?

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

The batteries.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

The batteries.
    And they are a problem how???

Maybe I'm thinking of it being way too simple again...

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    And they are a problem how???

Maybe I'm thinking of it being way too simple again...
    The regular car battery is made mostly of lead, way too heavy for an electric car since an electric car needs beaucoup batteries. So, batteries for an electric car need to be light weight, hold a charge for a long time, charge quickly, take temperature extremes, tolerate thousands of cycles, and be safe. I think the scientists are getting close.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

The batteries.
    Are you saying there is something wrong with the batteries on the car I linked? It has a 400V lithium polymer battery - not a lead-acid battery. The I.C.E. is the generator that keeps the battery charged.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Are you saying there is something wrong with the batteries on the car I linked? It has a 400V lithium polymer battery - not a lead-acid battery. The I.C.E. is the generator that keeps the battery charged.
    Guiss, I think that they are still working on the lithium polymer battery. Yes, they are in cars now but they are seeking to improve them. That's why there are not more hybrids on the road.

Besides, isn't the car you linked a prototype? I like it, it looks cool and fast although I tend to currently look only at cars that have a 5 star crash rating.

Guiss, I think that they are still working on the lithium polymer battery. Yes, they are in cars now but they are seeking to improve them. That's why there are not more hybrids on the road.

Besides, isn't the car you linked a prototype? I like it, it looks cool and fast although I tend to currently look only at cars that have a 5 star crash rating.
    Yes, they are still developing it, but they exist. They are very expensive.

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

And what about the positives?

BTW, expanding CNG to TRUCK stations makes sense in the long run since I don't see 18 wheelers going electric/fuel cell anytime soon. In fact, studies have shown that adding 6% hydrogen to CNG significantly reduces air pollution. A lot of city buses run on CNG so the technology is probably ready for prime time. Give some tax credits to the trucking companies and truck stops and this could be up and running very quickly.

Definitely would help the NG market in terms of stability of price.
    I heard that the power from NG wasn't enough to pull the trucks full load, but the NG idea is a smart idea for cars. I know LPG is used in Australia at no tax (being as they want to encourage people to use the countries own resources rather than anothers) to the consumer. I wonder how much the gas prices have affected any conversion, but then again I have a feeling that they won't stay down for too long.

Yep, I must be looking at it as being too simple...

Guess I'll start a side project sometime in the near future that will show it is more simple than they are making it... problem comes into application of a bigger scale - 18-wheelers, heavy equipment, etc....

Yeah, it is simple.

+ Reply to Thread