+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jumbotron Montage Music

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Jumbotron Montage Music

OK, since it's the off season...

I was watching the Oscar's on Sunday, and was struck by a song used in the "Action Movie montage". Looked it up and it's a song by the Hives, called "Tick Tick Boom". I thought it was young, fresh, hip (not that I'm that old), and thought would be perfect for a montage clip for the Jumbotron unveiling next year when the dawgs hit the field.

IMO, MUCH better than "Who Let The Dogs Out" (which I fear will be the choice).

If you could select the song and remix it to a cool montage for the Jumbotron, what would be your choice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdjqlRn6KOM

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Jumbotron Montage Music

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY57T9kbLBo - Days of the New (Touch Peel and Stand)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cHsElA3bSc -Lord Of The Rings - Two Towers Trailer Song

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY57T9kbLBo - Days of the New (Touch Peel and Stand)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cHsElA3bSc -Lord Of The Rings - Two Towers Trailer Song
    Like the first one without the words...but on the second... you wanna go classical?....try this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuERh0jBjh8

O Fortuna in any remix is the best! (for you older one...the remix at the Capri was the beat in Shreveport!)

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

is that from 300?

So as a video idea to accompany the classical music... start with a close-up on the eyes of a player... sitting in the locker in full pads. cut to shots of the team working out... and then some game clips of big hits and long runs... cut back to the players eyes...then to a montage of Tech greats i.e. Roaf, Edwards, Bradshaw etc...back to eyes and the I-Bowl trophy...ending with a player by the bell... the video ends.... everyone turns around to see that player by the bell in real life and then he rings it...

It would be easy to take the close up shots of multiple guys eyes...uniform... standing by the bell and change it each game to be real time with who will ring the bell that game...could also throw in some audio clips of great plays in tech history a la Dave Nitz

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

The Texas Longhorns have used the Lord of the Rings one you posted. It was very cool. I think it is originally from Requiem For a Dream.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

is that from 300?
    I haven't seen The 300, but those lyrics were written in the 13th century and that musical setting in in the mid-1930s.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=6471891

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Fortuna

I know that it is classical...I didn't mean to insinuate that the people of 300 wrote the music but rather that they only used it...and HOW HAVE YOU NOT SEEN 300?

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    Like the first one without the words...but on the second... you wanna go classical?....try this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuERh0jBjh8

O Fortuna in any remix is the best! (for you older one...the remix at the Capri was the beat in Shreveport!)
    This is one of the best songs...it gives me goosebumps everytime I listen to it. The classical good vs evil them song.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Some tunes that might make a good montage:

New Revolution by The Who
    Teanage Waistland by The Who
    Run Like Hell by Pink Floyd
    Beck's Bolero by Jeff Beck
    Running Down the Dream by Tom Petty
    I Won't Back Down by Tom Petty
    Eruption by Van Halen
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

No, 'O Fortuna' by Carl Orff is not in 300.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    No, 'O Fortuna' by Carl Orff is not in 300.
    The first time I ever heard it was in the movie Excalibur. I loved that movie when I was a kid.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Some tunes that might make a good montage:

New Revolution by The Who
    Baba O'Riley by The Who
    Run Like Hell by Pink Floyd
    Beck's Bolero by Jeff Beck
    Running Down the Dream by Tom Petty
    I Won't Back Down by Tom Petty
    Eruption by Van Halen
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    The first time I ever heard it was in the movie Excalibur. I loved that movie when I was a kid.
    +1. I will still watch it if I see it is on.

+ Reply to Thread