+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Favorite U2 song.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Re: Favorite U2 song.

on a related note, was there ever a time that bono did not look ridiculous?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Yep, heard that defense before. I am by no means a music snob, I dont get a chance to find half the bands you guys are talking about. However, I did find the Maroon 5 album in my brother in law's IPod, he got an earful on that...on the shame.
    Does E-Train have the tendency of getting very physical?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Comeon, Gonzo. You went to Tech. Be more Elite. :icon_wink: You can't take me too seriously on these music threads. I am very opinionated and like to pretend that what I like is on another level. Truth is, there are many things that I listen to that would have require me to give up my music snob card if I ever admitted to liking it.

Just a rant Guiss, I don't know what a music snob is. I didn't know you could be into rock and roll and be a snob. I always associated that with classical music. But I guess if we can be beer snobs we can be music snobs as well. I dare say that I know more about many different types of music than most people. But I've always subscribed to the different strokes philosophy.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Just a rant Guiss, I don't know what a music snob is. I didn't know you could be into rock and roll and be a snob. I always associated that with classical music. But I guess if we can be beer snobs we can be music snobs as well. I dare say that I know more about many different types of music than most people. But I've always subscribed to the different strokes philosophy.
    What's that? Switching between the left and right hand?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

True. But if such an unthinkable event did occur, I would just say my wife downloaded it.
    That's funny because I will (every once in a while) download a song I know will get my card revoked and my wife will call me on it and I always tell her if anyone finds out I am saying she downloaded it. I guess that excuse has made the rounds a few times. ...funny.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    That's funny because I will (every once in a while) download a song I know will get my card revoked and my wife will call me on it and I always tell her if anyone finds out I am saying she downloaded it. I guess that excuse has made the rounds a few times. ...funny.

When I got married I made it a point to inform my wife that once all of my cds became our cds, she could never tell anyone that certain ones originated in my collection.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

So I gotta get married before I put Christopher Cross on my iPod....

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    What's that? Switching between the left and right hand?

Ask you wife she'll show you what I taught her.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Comeon, Gonzo. You went to Tech. Be more Elite. :icon_wink: You can't take me too seriously on these music threads. I am very opinionated and like to pretend that what I like is on another level. Truth is, there are many things that I listen to that would have require me to give up my music snob card if I ever admitted to liking it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    I'm definitely snobbish about some aspects of music, movies, etc. and can be very opinionated. One thing I have noticed about myself and other music snobs is that we will never allow others to pick up our iPod and scroll freely through the menus out of a deep-seated terror of what they will find.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Yep, heard that defense before. I am by no means a music snob, I dont get a chance to find half the bands you guys are talking about. However, I did find the Maroon 5 album in my brother in law's IPod, he got an earful on that...on the shame.
    I used to be a music snob (and, yes, you can be a music snob within any genre). Then I realized it was completely subjective. Some music is more technically advanced, but in this day and age there is nothing truly unique. So I've decided just to like what I like (even a little Maroon 5) and dislike what I dislike.

It's interesting, though, because there seem to be some neurological underpinnings for musical taste (and a lot of other aspects of music for that matter). Some people, at a very biological level, cannot tolerate certain sounds. I honestly believe that is why I have so much trouble with steel guitar in country music (except in certain cases).

I have learned to appreciate advanced technique in most any genre, and I've also learned that it is okay to like a song for purely nostalgic and/or emotional reasons.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I honestly believe that is why I have so much trouble with steel guitar in country music (except in certain cases).
    Cake: She'll come back to me

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...8&sa=N&tab=iv#
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Sunday Bloody Sunday for me with New years day and I will follow a close 2nd and 3rd

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Wire, from Unforgettable Fire.

+ Reply to Thread