+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tech vs Northwestern St (Game 1)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Tech vs Northwestern St (Game 1)

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Will this win be mentioned in the News-Star or Shreveport-Times?
    Game over at 9:40. Plenty of time for TNS to receive and print a story, but nooooooo. They closed shop just after the AP story was released on Tiger's comeback round yesterday.

No stories. Not a SINGLE one on any sports that took place last night in the final print edition.

Bulldog VolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around here

Honestly....I think we should probably quit worrying about The News-Star. Anyone that's got access to a computer can read latechsports.com. Besides, the News-Star is just reprinting, word-for-word, the same releases that are posted there. And the RDL will almost always have stories about Tech games the next afternoon.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VolDawg View Post
    Honestly....I think we should probably quit worrying about The News-Star. Anyone that's got access to a computer can read latechsports.com. Besides, the News-Star is just reprinting, word-for-word, the same releases that are posted there. And the RDL will almost always have stories about Tech games the next afternoon.
    That's not it VolDawg. We want the nlulm folks to have something current to read while they're waiting on the pizzas to get ready for delivery.

PS--Excellent point, Maddawg!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

No we need our stories covered by local area paper. It's free publicity for Tech. If people see Tech in the news all the time, they'll join the bandwagon.

Bulldog VolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    That's not it VolDawg. We want the nlulm folks to have something current to read while they're waiting on the pizzas to get ready for delivery.

PS--Excellent point, Maddawg!
    Good point -- however, there are a few schools out there that are pretty much telling the local media, "Hey, we don't need you" in an effort to drive traffic to their own web sites. The Lexington Herald-Leader and the Louisville Courier-Journal folks are PISSED that UKAthletics.com runs a live blog during men's basketball games and that it's driving traffic away from their web sites. They were ranting about it last night (before the Cats got their tails handed to them...which was so much fun).

Then again, there's a big difference between Kentucky basketball and Louisiana Tech baseball.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

+1 on what Dawgpix and qng said.

Vol, some of us are very set in our ways. As much as I hate purchasing and reading the print edition, I've been doing it for so many years that I'd have a hard time changing.:icon_wink:

I am seriously considering subscribing to the Thomas Joseph crossword online so that I can access my primary reason for the daily purchase, but I think I'd rather give TNS $11/mo than to click on their site every day.

It's a HUGE decision to be made that I've been putting off.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Fairbanks and Meyers clocked at 94 last night. That is some cheese. They will be big assets if they can light it up like that all year and come near the plate. FYI they are FR. That is impressive.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    First one since SIM got here. He is now 1 and 7 @ NSU
    I see that was our first win @ NSU since 1996. Tech leads overall series 82-59. The 141 games represents the most against any opponent. Interesting tidbit...

Pitching needs to improve, and the defense, while not bad, could also tighten up.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

The Lexington Herald-Leader and the Louisville Courier-Journal folks are PISSED that UKAthletics.com runs a live blog during men's basketball games and that it's driving traffic away from their web sites.
    Now that's interesting. Remember when Teddy Allen blogged for The Times during a Tech football game in 2007 season. It was informative, but more importantly, entertaining.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Now that's interesting. Remember when Teddy Allen blogged for The Times during a Tech football game in 2007 season. It was informative, but more importantly, entertaining.
    Yeah, I remember that...it was quite entertaining. One of the newspaper folks' biggest beefs is that the SEC and the NCAA limit how much the traditional media outlets can blog during games, but the institutional web sites aren't really bound by that limit.

Then again, there may be some validity to their complaints about driving traffic away from their web sites....the Rocky Mountain News printed its final edition today. Not that I think any team's web site caused one of two major Denver papers to shut down....but newspapers are on hard times right now.

+ Reply to Thread