+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WAC Showdown -- LA Tech at Fresno State Monday - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

WAC Showdown -- LA Tech at Fresno State Monday - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech faces Fresno State Monday night at 9 p.m. CST at the Save Mart Center in California.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Showdown is set!

http://latechsports.cstv.com/sports/...030109aaa.html

I AM READY!!!!! Taking a couple of hours off on Tuesday morning, so I can stay up late and watch this one.

GO TECHSTERS! It is time we take this conference back!!!!

Varsity Bulldog buchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the ears

Re: Showdown is set!

Im so excited about this game. Ive been hyping this game to all my friends in the band (if you couldnt figure that out by handle). The last game we had the best WBB crowd I have ever seen, and I hope they bring that again to add that to the game. I'm glad I dont have anything of importance tommorrow, because I am not going to be able to focus on it.

The team is pretty much the same from what you saw a couple weeks back. One difference is Joh-Teena will probably start over Amundsen for the 3rd straight game. Amundsen was in a funk shooting wise but I think she jumped out of it with her performance off the bench hitting some deep 3s.

here is a link to the fresno state website. tommorrow click the video link under the Fresno/LaTech game on the right hand side and sign up (CSTV). It'll some were between 5 and 10 bucks. Nothing fancy about it. just the Video board link from the Save Mart Center and the radio over it (I would mute it if I were you... Mens sports are good beause they are done by 580 KMJ, but all the other sports are done by espn 1430. and there Play-by-play guys are not that good usually. I dont know if they still have her working the games but our center from last year (Henry) usually is helping with the color comnentary)

http://gobulldogs.cstv.com/sports/w-...kbl-sched.html

Heres to an Injury Free game!

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buchananbando5 View Post
    Im so excited about this game. Ive been hyping this game to all my friends in the band (if you couldnt figure that out by handle). The last game we had the best WBB crowd I have ever seen, and I hope they bring that again to add that to the game. I'm glad I dont have anything of importance tommorrow, because I am not going to be able to focus on it.

The team is pretty much the same from what you saw a couple weeks back. One difference is Joh-Teena will probably start over Amundsen for the 3rd straight game. Amundsen was in a funk shooting wise but I think she jumped out of it with her performance off the bench hitting some deep 3s.

here is a link to the fresno state website. tommorrow click the video link under the Fresno/LaTech game on the right hand side and sign up (CSTV). It'll some were between 5 and 10 bucks. Nothing fancy about it. just the Video board link from the Save Mart Center and the radio over it (I would mute it if I were you... Mens sports are good beause they are done by 580 KMJ, but all the other sports are done by espn 1430. and there Play-by-play guys are not that good usually. I dont know if they still have her working the games but our center from last year (Henry) usually is helping with the color comnentary)

http://gobulldogs.cstv.com/sports/w-...kbl-sched.html

Heres to an Injury Free game!
    Wow, that comment says alot. I hope the crowds come back before you are done...

Varsity Bulldog buchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the ears

Im a Fresno Fan...

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buchananbando5 View Post
    Im a Fresno Fan... sorry i forgot to put the bullet up
    oh, nevermind.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

---

well
    fresno had our number under coach Long;
    hopefully the Spoon coached team can prevent the humbling experence
    that the Bulldogs of Fresno have put on us for some time now!
    TSpoon and the Techsters are gonna be pumped and as long as they give it a good fight and win,
    I will be one happy cowboy!
    GO Techsters!!!

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Like Champ101 has said, when you believe in yourself, you can go really far. I think this team has gained so much confidence in themselves in the last 2 weeks under the helm of coach Spoon. I bet our girls do believe that they have what it takes to beat Fresno. There is no reason for these girls to be scared of Fresno team. We have more talent than them and we're playing some of the best basketball in the last 3 or 4 years. We will hold nothing back at the game tomorrow. Go Techsters!!!!!!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The key to this game is going to be defense. Fresno can draw you off guard in the middle and then pop it back out for the shot. My thouht is to keep them out of the middle - period! Don't let them get inside no matter what. That needs to be done with man to man defense. We are quicker and need to show it this time. Also, I would like to see some full court press, as well. Guard well on the perimeter and don't let them inside.

They are going to get their tres - they always do. We just have to battle in this one and make it physical.

Fresno has some real talent. If they are off from the outside, we will win. If they are on from the outside, we have to go out and get them, but prevent them from passing it inside. Disrupt the passing lanes.

Going to be a VERY tough game, but we are a VERY tough team right now. They will have a big crowd, so we have to combat that, as well.

Need to come out like we did against Nevada and get a big lead up front, but keep fighting no matter what happens. They DO go cold and we have to take advantage of that.

And a great article with Spoon's picture in the Fresno Bee

LOUISISANA' TECH's PERFECT STORM:

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/story/1231224.html

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Champ

I think Spoon is the right one for the job, they are playing harder and I hope they can win tonite and go on and somehow win the WAC tourney -

But we still are not very good -

That was a tough watch Saturday nite.....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    They are going to get their tres - they always do. We just have to battle in this one and make it physical.

Fresno has some real talent. If they are off from the outside, we will win. If they are on from the outside, we have to go out and get them, but prevent them from passing it inside. Disrupt the passing lanes.

Going to be a VERY tough game, but we are a VERY tough team right now. They will have a big crowd, so we have to combat that, as well.

Need to come out like we did against Nevada and get a big lead up front, but keep fighting no matter what happens. They DO go cold and we have to take advantage of that.
    You live by the three, you die by the three. I have a greet feeling that Spoon already has a good plan to disrupt Fresno's game flow. You have to be hot to throw in those three's.

Idaho swept Fresno this year. Idaho only allowed Fresno to make 4 out of 12 attempts for 3's in the second game. The first game, Fresno attempted 35 times and made 11 of those. Idaho knows something here that worked out for them to prevent Fresno with their 3s in the second game. I'm sure that Spoon has studied the film for this game.

For our first game with Fresno this season, we allowed them to shoot 50% FG and 48% with the 3s while we only shot 31% from the field and 28.6% from the 3s. That is 6 weeks and 9 games ago. During this period, we lost twice - both to Boise State which leaded to the canning of CL. Since then, here are the stats for our opponent's offense against us:
    1. HI: 36% FG 29% 3s
    Techster: 37% FG 20% 3s
    2. Nevada: 40% FG 41% 3s
    Techster: 55.4% FG 57% 3s
    3. SJSU: 43.5% FG 23.5% 3s
    Techster: 52.4% FG 33% 3s
    4. HI: 46% FG 42% 3s
    Techster: 54.1% FG 50% 3s
    5. Utah State: 28.6% FG 12.5% 3s
    Techster: 36.4% FG 8.3% 3s

Nevada and HI shot well against us but we outscored them all. We have been shooting the ball much better in the last 5 games. That is the key to our success. This is the first time in 2 or 3 years that we shot over 50% in 3 games in a row. We have 3 leading scorers in the WAC in Johnson, Dowdell and Jones. They have been scoring - getting hot shooting together in the last 5 games. Previously, one had a good game, the other would have an off night. I bet that Fresno will come out shocked by our offense.

Go Techsters!!!!

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

FTA:
    The players spoke of Weatherspoon's unrelenting intensity as the main reason for their turnaround.
    "On a scale of 1 to 10, she's a 100 in intensity," junior guard Tiawana Pringle said. "She's in your face and pushing you to give all you have."
    Practices, Dowdell added, are now all business every minute on the court.
    "If you're jogging, she'll come right on the court and challenge you to run harder," she said. "She knows what it takes to win, and if we don't give it to her, we know there will be consequences."
    This is ALL I wanted to see. WE need to take away the interim title YESTERDAY.

Makes me wonder what practices were like with Long. :bigcry::bigcry:

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    You live by the three, you die by the three. I have a greet feeling that Spoon already has a good plan to disrupt Fresno's game flow. You have to be hot to throw in those three's.

Idaho swept Fresno this year. Idaho only allowed Fresno to make 4 out of 12 attempts for 3's in the second game. The first game, Fresno attempted 35 times and made 11 of those. Idaho knows something here that worked out for them to prevent Fresno with their 3s in the second game. I'm sure that Spoon has studied the film for this game.

For our first game with Fresno this season, we allowed them to shoot 50% FG and 48% with the 3s while we only shot 31% from the field and 28.6% from the 3s. That is 6 weeks and 9 games ago. During this period, we lost twice - both to Boise State which leaded to the canning of CL. Since then, here are the stats for our opponent's offense against us:
    1. HI: 36% FG 29% 3s
    Techster: 37% FG 20% 3s
    2. Nevada: 40% FG 41% 3s
    Techster: 55.4% FG 57% 3s
    3. SJSU: 43.5% FG 23.5% 3s
    Techster: 52.4% FG 33% 3s
    4. HI: 46% FG 42% 3s
    Techster: 54.1% FG 50% 3s
    5. Utah State: 28.6% FG 12.5% 3s
    Techster: 36.4% FG 8.3% 3s

Nevada and HI shot well against us but we outscored them all. We have been shooting the ball much better in the last 5 games. That is the key to our success. This is the first time in 2 or 3 years that we shot over 50% in 3 games in a row. We have 3 leading scorers in the WAC in Johnson, Dowdell and Jones. They have been scoring - getting hot shooting together in the last 5 games. Previously, one had a good game, the other would have an off night. I bet that Fresno will come out shocked by our offense.

Go Techsters!!!!
    ---
    The Techsters are playing some inspired ball right now and just beat a red hot Utah State team!
    It's true that Fresno will be the real test but I believe that we are up and ready for the challange tonight!
    Good Luck Techsters

+ Reply to Thread