+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: WAC Showdown -- LA Tech at Fresno State Monday - latechsports.com

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Showdown is set!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Champ

I think Spoon is the right one for the job, they are playing harder and I hope they can win tonite and go on and somehow win the WAC tourney -

But we still are not very good -

That was a tough watch Saturday nite.....
    We have a long way to go, but we are better. We slid back on our offense Saturday night, but got it done on defense - which is what you have to do.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    You live by the three, you die by the three. I have a greet feeling that Spoon already has a good plan to disrupt Fresno's game flow. You have to be hot to throw in those three's.

Idaho swept Fresno this year. Idaho only allowed Fresno to make 4 out of 12 attempts for 3's in the second game. The first game, Fresno attempted 35 times and made 11 of those. Idaho knows something here that worked out for them to prevent Fresno with their 3s in the second game. I'm sure that Spoon has studied the film for this game.

For our first game with Fresno this season, we allowed them to shoot 50% FG and 48% with the 3s while we only shot 31% from the field and 28.6% from the 3s. That is 6 weeks and 9 games ago. During this period, we lost twice - both to Boise State which leaded to the canning of CL. Since then, here are the stats for our opponent's offense against us:
    1. HI: 36% FG 29% 3s
    Techster: 37% FG 20% 3s
    2. Nevada: 40% FG 41% 3s
    Techster: 55.4% FG 57% 3s
    3. SJSU: 43.5% FG 23.5% 3s
    Techster: 52.4% FG 33% 3s
    4. HI: 46% FG 42% 3s
    Techster: 54.1% FG 50% 3s
    5. Utah State: 28.6% FG 12.5% 3s
    Techster: 36.4% FG 8.3% 3s

Nevada and HI shot well against us but we outscored them all. We have been shooting the ball much better in the last 5 games. That is the key to our success. This is the first time in 2 or 3 years that we shot over 50% in 3 games in a row. We have 3 leading scorers in the WAC in Johnson, Dowdell and Jones. They have been scoring - getting hot shooting together in the last 5 games. Previously, one had a good game, the other would have an off night. I bet that Fresno will come out shocked by our offense.

Go Techsters!!!!
    It is their penetration that is so good - honestly. They penetrate and make it. If you stop them, they kick it out and pop the 3. We have to disrupt that passing lane and the penetration. THAT will win the game. They will hit some tres, but EVERYTHING should be contested.

Last time, we went through the first half guarding their outside shooters the whole time and they were running inside with the ball. In the second half, we started stopping the penetration and they were kicking it out and popping tres.

Man to man defense will get this done. We are faster and better - we just have to defend that penetration and come back out and guard the three.

Easy enough.....

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

The anticipation is killing me...I've got my whole night planned around this game...GO TECHSTERS!!!

Varsity Bulldog cranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupporter11 View Post
    The anticipation is killing me...I've got my whole night planned around this game...GO TECHSTERS!!!
    Will the game be on the Fresno internet site??

Varsity Bulldog buchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the ears

Varsity Bulldog cranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the earscranberry seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by buchananbando5 View Post
    thanks!! Go techsters!!

Varsity Bulldog buchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the ears

Any Tech Fans going to the SMC tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by buchananbando5 View Post
    Any Tech Fans going to the SMC tonight?
    There will be a few, anyway. Too far for most of our working fans on a Monday. I heard from a couple of people early last week that stated that they were going to be there.

I want it to be known that I FULLY expect to win tonight. Our girls will be ready to fight for this.

IF by some chance we do NOT win, though, I want to state now that it will not change my mind one bit about Spoon. I wanted her from the beginning and know that she is the right person to lead us back. She is a fighter and believes! That is what it takes. These are not her players, but she has them believing in her (hard not to). I AM EVEN AMAZED at how quickly the players responded to her.

We are rebuilding and don't even have ONE Spoon recruit on our team yet and we went from 5-4 to 5-0 in the couple of short weeks she has been the leader. These girls are working hard and Spoon is getting the most out of them.

So, no matter what the outcome is tonight, I am FULLY on board with SPOON!

Now, I will get back to my regular programming - BEAT THE H OUT OF FRESNO! GO TECHSTERS!!!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I want it to be known that I FULLY expect to win tonight. Our girls will be ready to fight for this.

IF by some chance we do NOT win, though, I want to state now that it will not change my mind one bit about Spoon. I wanted her from the beginning and know that she is the right person to lead us back. She is a fighter and believes! That is what it takes. These are not her players, but she has them believing in her (hard not to). I AM EVEN AMAZED at how quickly the players responded to her.

We are rebuilding and don't even have ONE Spoon recruit on our team yet and we went from 5-4 to 5-0 in the couple of short weeks she has been the leader. These girls are working hard and Spoon is getting the most out of them.

Now, I will get back to my regular programming - BEAT THE H OUT OF FRESNO! GO TECHSTERS!!!!!
    I agree.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post

Don't worry Champ. You hear it here first: We will beat Fresno tonight

Oh, I always worry.... Good to hear this, though. I AM READY! Going to be exciting. Now, why can't they play earlier on the West Coast? I think they should play 5pm games their time to accomodate us.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

haha...I know, Champ. It is super late for me with these west coast games. Game won't be finished until after mid-night.
    By the way, the double header games on Saturday killed me - actually my gf killed me for spending over 5 hours on Saturday night watching those two games it is worthy though since we won both games

Varsity Bulldog techboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her game

I always hate when people do this....here we go with the jinxing.

Quote Originally Posted by techboy09 View Post
    I always hate when people do this....here we go with the jinxing.
    I'll take all the blame, I promise :icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread