+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fresno Bee feature on Weatherspoon

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Fresno Bee feature on Weatherspoon

The Fresno Bee did an OUTSTANDING feature on Weatherspoon Sunday before the big game last night. If reading this doesn't get you even more fired up about the Lady Techsters future, I don't know what will.

I got goose bumps when I read what Barmore told her.

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/story/1231224.html

Why do we have to go to other papers to get this kind of writing? Why doesn't The Times or The News-Star care enough to do this themselves?

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Re: Fresno Bee feature on Weatherspoon

And they did a great job on our win last night, too.

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/story/1234198.html

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

That was a very nice article.

Varsity Bulldog Bluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around here

Between the NY Times article last week and the Fresno Bee article this week, we're getting some very good national press.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

TSpoon has turned into a quote machine.

Oh yeah. She's turned into a coaching machine, too.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    TSpoon has turned into a quote machine.

Oh yeah. She's turned into a coaching machine, too.
    AGREED!

Now, she just has to keep these girls pumped up and ready. Beat NMSU next and do not take them for granted.

Then, we can start taking care of business in the WAC tournament and return to the NCAA's. We build from there.

Varsity Bulldog NO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really nice

T-Spoon is awesome, no doubt. She will win because she knows the Techster way. She was groomed by Barmore and a career in a professional league. Budke and Long didn't know the Techster way, Mulkey left for her own reasons.

Here's my goal:
    1. Regain dominance in the WAC (we're on our way)
    2. Regain dominance in Louisiana (next year will tell this one)
    3. Regain our spot as a Sweet 16 participant year in and year out (next year may be the year)
    4. Regain our spot in the Final 4 (this may take four to five years of good recruiting/coaching)
    5. Regain our spot as National Champions (may never happen, but now we have hope)

For the first time since early in Budke's tenure, the program looks like it's on the way up.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by NO2001 View Post
    T-Spoon is awesome, no doubt. She will win because she knows the Techster way. She was groomed by Barmore and a career in a professional league. Budke and Long didn't know the Techster way, Mulkey left for her own reasons.

Here's my goal:
    1. Regain dominance in the WAC (we're on our way)
    2. Regain dominance in Louisiana (next year will tell this one)
    3. Regain our spot as a Sweet 16 participant year in and year out (next year may be the year)
    4. Regain our spot in the Final 4 (this may take four to five years of good recruiting/coaching)
    5. Regain our spot as National Champions (may never happen, but now we have hope)

For the first time since early in Budke's tenure, the program looks like it's on the way up.
    I don't need to add anything to that. Perfectly stated and the goals allign with my thoughts exactly.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by no2001 View Post
    t-spoon is awesome, no doubt. She will win because she knows the techster way. She was groomed by barmore and a career in a professional league. Budke and long didn't know the techster way, mulkey left for her own reasons.

Here's my goal:
    1. Regain dominance in the wac (we're on our way)
    2. Regain dominance in louisiana (next year will tell this one)
    3. Regain our spot as a sweet 16 participant year in and year out (next year may be the year)
    4. Regain our spot in the final 4 (this may take four to five years of good recruiting/coaching)
    5. Regain our spot as national champions (may never happen, but now we have hope)

for the first time since early in budke's tenure, the program looks like it's on the way up.
    agree 100%!! perfectly stated.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

I do miss what used to be the usual for the Lady Techsters -

They're REGULAR Season was in March. The Preseason was everything before the tournament.

Amen to that!

Varsity Bulldog East Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the ears East Coast Dawg's Avatar

I love what Pringle said--On a scale of 1 to 10, she is a 100 on intensity.
    That is the way she was coached, the way she played and evidently the way she coaches. Ya gotta love her!!!!!

Varsity Bulldog buchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog View Post
    The Fresno Bee did an OUTSTANDING feature on Weatherspoon Sunday before the big game last night. If reading this doesn't get you even more fired up about the Lady Techsters future, I don't know what will.

Why do we have to go to other papers to get this kind of writing? Why doesn't The Times or The News-Star care enough to do this themselves?

you want to trade? They probably do amazing work for away teams but they will bash all the FS coaches every chance they get... especially Coach Pat Hill

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog View Post

Good article and I'm glad the Fresno Bee featured her in their paper. I love the intensity of Spoon and what she has brought to the program since she was named an Associate HC to interim HC.

I'm so ready for the WAC championships and I will be in Reno. I'll try to take pictures and post them here for everyone's enjoyment.

I'll just put it out there that I highly think the Lady Techsters will be in the NCAA's in 2009. I'm ready for any backlash LOL.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Code:
    Weatherspoon has no doubt the Lady Techsters can someday return to national prominence and compete with the major conferences for elite players.
    "Of course we can. Look at our great tradition," she said. "But this is a rebuilding process and that's where we are.
    "Look at UConn, Maryland, Rutgers, teams like that in the top 10 every year. Nobody heard of them years back. I believe it's our turn to bring the program back to where it was. It will take a little while, but we'll be just as strong. We will get there."
    T-Spoon hit it right on the nail with the process of Lady Techster basketball rebuilding. I liked how she stated where UCONN, Maryland, and Rutgers once were before their national prominence today in the women's game.

We can all through Baylor in there too because we know their story and where they came from. No one expected Baylor (2005) or Maryland (2006) to win national championships and those programs took advantage of the situation...but they also played GREAT in their tournament match-ups in those years.

But I'm excited about this year's team and where they could possibly go but hope we take care of NMSU on Saturday.

+ Reply to Thread