+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Techsters should be Top25 every year

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

Techsters should be Top25 every year

It's been a while since I've posted anywhere on BBB. And I had honestly lost interest in the Techsters the last few years with Long as the head coach. But Spoon has got me excited about Techsters basketball again. I listened in to the Fresno game the other night. Which was the first time in about 2 or 3 years I've listened in. I just wanted to make one comment about women's basketball. I've seen a lot of post over the last few years about the big schools pouring money into their women's programs and that a small school like Tech just is not going to be able to compete against that anymore, regardless of our tradition. I took a look at this weeks AP Top 25 and look at these names that are either in the Top25 or getting votes.

17 South Dakota State
    25 Bowling Green
    Vote getters: Middle Tennessee State, Wisconsin-Green Bay, Marist, Virginia Commonwealth, Florida Gulf Coast, San Diego State

I've never even heard of Florida Gulf Coast and they are fielding a D-I team getting a vote in the Top25.

I think that we as fans should have three reasonable expectation for our women's basketball program.
    1. We should win the WAC EVERY year (we should win it by at least 2 games). Face it, the WAC is not a very strong conference in women's basketball
    2. We make the NCAA tournament every year. I still think it is a travesty that after 25 years Long took us out.
    3. We are at a minimum receiving votes in the Top25(should be in the Top 25.)

I also think that we should expect Sweet 16s and even further occasionally (and hopefully with regularity again).

Anyway, this is one Tech fan that the current change is getting excited again. So thank you Derek Dooley!

Varsity Bulldog NO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really nice

Re: Techsters should be Top25 every year

I agree wholeheartedly. Good post.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Palabras sabias desde Guatemala - que interesante. Que haces en Centro America?

Yo tambien creo que podemos competir al nivel que describes.

Varsity Bulldog NO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really niceNO2001 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post

Uhhhh

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Here is what the google translator gave me:

"Wise words from Guatemala - that interesting. What you do in Central America?

I tambien believe that we can compete at the level that you describe. "

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I think (in English) those expectations are reasonable. (Google will translate things for you?)

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    I think (in English) those expectations are reasonable. (Google will translate things for you?)
    tambien is also, just an fyi.

but as far as google as a translator, they literally translate, and it doesn't work very well... so i wouldn't advise using it for any papers! :icon_wink:

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

Hehe,

Mi familia y yo, somos misionarios. Trabajamos en un orfanato que tiene cerca de cien ninos. Nos Mudamos aqui en agosto de 2008, asi no hemos estado aqui por mucho tiempo, Y es posible que mi gramatica no es bueno porque todavia estoy aprendiendo espanol.

I'll translate:
    My family and I are missionaries. We work en an orphanage that has about 100 children. We moved here in Auguest of 2008, so we haven't been here long and it's possible that my grammer isn't good because I'm still learning spanish.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Great post and great work you do!

I think we all have those expectations and always have. Mine might be a tad higher, in fact. The fact is that we FINALLY have someone that looks like she can get us back. Thank Goodness!

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by NTXDawg View Post
    Hehe,

Mi familia y yo, somos misionarios. Trabajamos en un orfanato que tiene cerca de cien ninos. Nos Mudamos aqui en agosto de 2008, asi no hemos estado aqui por mucho tiempo, Y es posible que mi gramatica no es bueno porque todavia estoy aprendiendo espanol.

I'll translate:
    My family and I are missionaries. We work en an orphanage that has about 100 children. We moved here in Auguest of 2008, so we haven't been here long and it's possible that my grammer isn't good because I'm still learning spanish.
    Thanks for looking after those orphans. I hope you're having a great time there.

I think we can really make some noise on the national scene again, but I'm afraid we might have to exit the WAC to get there. With Coach Weatherspoon leading us, I believe we could dominate the CUSA and use that as a spring board to get right back in the mix of things.

Varsity Bulldog techboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her game

I think we can really make some noise on the national scene again, but I'm afraid we might have to exit the WAC to get there. With Coach Weatherspoon leading us, I believe we could dominate the CUSA and use that as a spring board to get right back in the mix of things.
    Kind of like what Memphis does on the men's side?

+ Reply to Thread