+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spoon as coach or not?

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Spoon as coach or not?

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    I'd say he went beyond feeling like a loser. He definitely has a loser attitude...maybe it will be a wake up call for him. I wouldn't pick him for another head coaching job with his attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Same here. IMO, Long comes out of this firing thing looking like a bad coach AND a whiner. I'm guessing that there's probably not a lot of schools wanting to sign up for that. :icon_wink:
    HD
    Not that I am blessed with an overabundance of wisdom, especially when put in a stressful situation (being fired and replaced). But I will say that if he were a little smarter, for his own marketability he would keep quiet and not complain at all. At the end of the season, if we had an epic fail of a season, then he would be fully legitimized as a capable head coach and not a sour individual. At least even now, although he isn't looking like a good HC, he wouldn't have looked like a bitter individual.

Who wants to hire someone that isn't maintaining a semi-professional level of respect for what was your school. I'm sure he will find a job, you don't get to D1 with a winning record without something (or Ms. Ford on your team!), but this will add one more mark on his reputation. I'm sure he regrets opening his mouth.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechsasDawg View Post
    Hey, Doc: Can you boost the size of your font? I like your posts, but my old eyes don't, and if they don't like it, I have a hard time reading them.

Thanks

TD
    ~~
    I found another font that's ok... but NOTHING is as good as Comic Sans MS.

Any better??

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coop1448 View Post
    1. Does she REALLY want the job? I speak of that strictly from the standpoint of living in Ruston. Ruston is Ruston, it is what it is. And it is NOT New York or Los Angeles. It is a conservative, largely aged, population, and I will leave it at that.

She has stated that she wants to be at Louisiana Tech and help bring the Techsters back to the national spotlight. She understands what Ruston is...she spent her college days here. It was probably way more conservative back then than it is now.

As on why it's taking so long naming a headcoach, I have no clue. I bet Dooley is working out the details on Spoon's contract right now. He really likes her.

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

Q, you are probably correct about the contract being filled out.

But to the other, being a college student living in Ruston surrounded by your comrads is VERY different from being a regular resident. I have lived both options.

I hope she does want it, and sees it differently than I do!

And I am sorry for calling Richard a name. He is a fine man and an outstanding coach.

+ Reply to Thread