+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech golf course

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Tech golf course

How many of you use the Tech golf course?

I try to play there 2-3 times a month. Hit the second birdie of my life just this past Thursday on the straight par 5 in the back. I find it almost a steal to play for $5 walking.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: Tech golf course

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post

I try to play there 2-3 times a month. Hit the second birdie of my life just this past Thursday on the straight par 5 in the back. I find it almost a steal to play for $5 walking.
    Play it all the time. Suck, but play it.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post

For the shape that it's usually in, they should PAY people to play on it.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

I don't think there's one single place on that course where you're hitting on even ground, but for the cheap price, I venture there a few times a month...I'm just glad the driving range nearby is finally open again...

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

It's a fun course to go play with four iron down, no need for anything more. With any accuracy at all and some course knowledge, you can get a good score just by over powering the course.

Big Dog honker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the roughhonker22 is a jewel in the rough

I can not stand to play that course. I've seen Interstate Medians that were in better shape than Tech golf course. The only fun thing about the course is trying to hit the greens on Par 4's with a driver.

Varsity Bulldog ULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your time ULM_Fan's Avatar

I use the Tech DISC golf course quite frequently. Anybody else a disc golfer?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ULM_Fan View Post
    I use the Tech DISC golf course quite frequently. Anybody else a disc golfer?
    Better enjoy it while you can. I think that before long you'll have to have a boat to play most of that course.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Well back in the stone age we played for free. Then they uped te fee to a buck. Guys you can't complain too much when you play that cheap. I've played courses that cost quite a bit, but some of my best golf memories where on that Tech course learning how to play. When you are a broke college student and you can play golf every day for free it's not so bad. I also remember having a night tournament out there with glow in the dark golf balls and glow stick on the flags. I also have some really fond memories of the 7th green that were made at night as well. Enjoy it while you can.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    I also remember having a night tournament out there with glow in the dark golf balls and glow stick on the flags.
    We tried that and that was my first run in with the police while a Tech student. They were gracious and didn't arrest us. I still don't think it should be possible to trespass on Tech property while a Tech student on a place that doesn't post hours of operation, but no harm done.

PS - it is a TON of fun if you've never done it.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    We tried that and that was my first run in with the police while a Tech student. They were gracious and didn't arrest us. I still don't think it should be possible to trespass on Tech property while a Tech student on a place that doesn't post hours of operation, but no harm done.

PS - it is a TON of fun if you've never done it.
    Ours was actually organized by the "pro" at the golf course.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

I have no problem paying the $5 to walk. I also love to see the guys out there with the drivers. I've learned to just tee off with the 5 wood, it goes straight, and pretty high - looks good. It would have been nice to play for free.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by honker22 View Post
    I can not stand to play that course. I've seen Interstate Medians that were in better shape than Tech golf course. The only fun thing about the course is trying to hit the greens on Par 4's with a driver.
    We all cant afford to be a member at squire creek. Must be nice.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Hey, I remember that place. I was out there at "dusk" one time and "accidentally" fell in the water. Lo and behold, 5 or 6 hundred golf balls just hopped out onto the bank. And yes, the statute of limitations has passed!

Quote Originally Posted by RXDAWG View Post
    Hey, I remember that place. I was out there at "dusk" one time and "accidentally" fell in the water. Lo and behold, 5 or 6 hundred golf balls just hopped out onto the bank. And yes, the statute of limitations has passed!
    300 of those were probably mine.

+ Reply to Thread