+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sick Puppies

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Sick Puppies

Fairly new band out there. Guiss, I would think that you would love these guys.

I heard 2 songs on the Digital music channels ( My World & All the Same ) and really liked what I heard. I got the CD and I really like every song on the CD. It's some good stuff Maynard.

It doesn't hurt that they have a female bass player that's pretty cute. (See video's above.) :icon_wink:

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Sick Puppies

Will check it out when I get home from work.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Good HARD rock song from them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWqjQ...eature=related

Some one did some nice editing. The song is the album version, but the clipped in some live snipits.

Sorry about the first post... it was a little inaccurate. The second song should have been "What are you looking for?"

He's got a GREAT Rock voice. Check out the acoustic versions of 'All the Same' & 'What are you looking for?' here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWqjQ...eature=related

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

I do not like the fact that they use auto-tuning equipment.

This is NOT the real video, but a good song: Anywhere but here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Agf...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Yarfunkle View Post
    I do not like the fact that they use auto-tuning equipment.
    I missed this comment the first time around.... I have common sense, but I've never heard of it. So what's the difference??

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

If you remember that Cher song from a while back "Believe", it had a robotic sound to it. This is (ramped up, though) use of autotuning software. It corrects the pitch of the singer, to give it a 'polished' sound. To me it takes away from the originality of the singers.

They all start sounding the same, withe the perfect computer corrected pitch.

Here's a wiki article on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-Tune

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yarfunkle View Post
    If you remember that Cher song from a while back "Believe", it had a robotic sound to it. This is (ramped up, though) use of autotuning software. It corrects the pitch of the singer, to give it a 'polished' sound. To me it takes away from the originality of the singers.

They all start sounding the same, withe the perfect computer corrected pitch.

Here's a wiki article on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-Tune
    Yarf, we arent even going to discuss you bringing up a Cher song on this forum. The fact that you know so much about a Cher song is both disturbing and unnerving at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Yarf, we arent even going to discuss you bringing up a Cher song on this forum. The fact that you know so much about a Cher song is both disturbing and unnerving at the same time.
    Knowing is half the battle.

EDIT: Wow! A red dot for knowing something about the music industry??!
    Last edited by Yarfunkle; 03-16-2009 at 09:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread