+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Netflix Watch Instantly - 1998 Championship game

Varsity Bulldog svb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the roughsvb002 is a jewel in the rough svb002's Avatar

Netflix Watch Instantly - 1998 Championship game

If anyone has access and is interested, you can watch the 1998 Women's Basketball Championship - Tech vs. Tennessee - through Netflix's Watch Instantly feature. That was the year that Tennessee went 39-0 and we lost pretty badly in the championship.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Netflix Watch Instantly - 1998 Championship game

Quote Originally Posted by svb002 View Post
    If anyone has access and is interested, you can watch the 1998 Women's Basketball Championship - Tech vs. Tennessee - through Netflix's Watch Instantly feature. That was the year that Tennessee went 39-0 and we lost pretty badly in the championship.
    We played horrible in that game and Tennessee was on fire. I think I will skip that one. :icon_wink:

Bulldog dawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the ears dawgette's Avatar

I'll skip it too.

I remember the pain of being there watching it happen.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

The '98 title game --and the one in Austin where Tech lost to Tennessee so badly in 1987-- are two of the most lopsided national title games of all time. Unfortunately we were on the wrong end of both.

The '87 championship game came after TSpoon and LA Tech had beaten the defending national champion Univ of Texas Lady Longhorns 79-75 in the FINAL FOUR semifinals. The Lady Techsters were nearly flawless against Texas, and beat the heavily favored Lady Horns in front of a hostile crowd (and HogDawg) on UT's home court in the best women's bb game I've ever seen. TSpoon was unbelieveable in that game, and set the modern day standard for supreme point guard play in the women's game. Unfortunately, I think the Lady Techsters exhausted themselves in the game against the Lady Horns and had nothing left for the subsequent matchup with Tennessee.

HD

+ Reply to Thread