+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Techsters vs. NMSU

Varsity Bulldog techboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her game

Re: Techsters vs. NMSU

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    This forum was dead just couple months ago. I remember that only Champ, Mean Green, Phil, fanfromafar, and tigtoo were here doing all the talks and discussion.
    Look at how much traffic and how many people visiting this forum now. It is amazing that what a winning program/attitude can do for you. You gotta love a winning Techster team.
    Indeed you do.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

This forum was dead just couple months ago. I remember that only Champ, Mean Green, Phil, fanfromafar, and tigtoo were here doing all the talks and discussion.
    Look at how much traffic and how many people visiting this forum now. It is amazing that what a winning program/attitude can do for you. You gotta love a winning Techster team.
    My momma would remind you: if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all!

I have never stopped visiting this Techster forum, but often would refrain from posting after another disappointing loss. I mean, what was the point?

Winning is a whole lot funner though!

(funner???? )

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    My momma would remind you: if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all!

I have never stopped visiting this Techster forum, but often would refrain from posting after another disappointing loss. I mean, what was the point?

(funner???? )
    I just wanted to remind how down was all of us about the state of our program just couple of months ago. It was expensive for us, Techster fans talking about the NCAA tourney just 2 months ago or the WAC champion. Now, we are already talking about what seed we may get and who we may face in the tourney.
    Exactly 2 months ago, out of 151 people took part in my poll "Fire Chris Long now", 40 picked " don't care about the Techster basketball program". I really want to ask if the same 40 people has changed their mind already since Spoon took the program over.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

(funner???? )
    What would be funner is if Maddawg would join the fold. Women's sports is just not the same with him on the outside.:icon_wink:
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Congrats to Coach Spoon and the Techsters.

When this team was at 12-11 and struggling I doubt I was the only one, if asked, that would have said 20-11 was impossible. Yet, here they are. First, Spoon deserves all the credit. What changed? Well, just the HC did. Same players....different leader. Next, of course, the players deserve credit. They have responded and have delivered on the court.

And finally, I give kudos to our very own Champion110 for his unwaivering belief in the Techsters!

This program needed new leadership and it got it in Spoon.

(not going to worry about the program going forward, right now let's remain focused on finishing 2009 strong!)
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Awwww shucks........ Thanks Dawg80!

I agree that we need to concentrate on finishing strong. Nevada is tough and is going to play well on their home court. We are going to have to BRING IT! I think we will!
    Holy crap.... THIS is the reason that I'll NEVER add the group hug smilie.

Cat boy and Negative Nancy need to go get a room!!

Exactly 2 months ago, out of 151 people took part in my poll "Fire Chris Long now", 40 picked " don't care about the Techster basketball program". I really want to ask if the same 40 people has changed their mind already since Spoon took the program over.
    Yup. Not necessarily T-Spoon taking over, but have a competitive FUN style of basketball back.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    What would be funner is if Maddawg would join the fold. Women's sports is just not the same with him on the outside.:icon_wink:
    "Women's sports"? I believe maddawg (and boxer and a few others) would argue that this phrase is an oxymoron. :icon_wink:

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    Is that 8 in a row?
    Yes. The LADY TECHSTERS improved from a 12-11 record to a 20-11 record in 30 days.

I believe this is the single biggest "coaching" turnaround I've ever witnessed. Same players.....same opponents (for the most part)...same season.....I've never seen anything like it.

We may never see a coaching turnaround like this again in our lifetime. This is remarkable.

HD

+ Reply to Thread