+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voepel: Barmore enjoying time again on sideline

Big Dog SpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the roughSpaceDawg is a jewel in the rough SpaceDawg's Avatar

Voepel: Barmore enjoying time again on sideline

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Re: Voepel: Barmore enjoying time again on sideline

good read

thanks

voepel knows her stuff

Big Dog WonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of light WonderDawg's Avatar

Thanks Space good article.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

"Good shot selection is something a coach should stress," Barmore said. "But I think giving a kid some freedom to do some things and build some confidence is important, too.
    "There can be too much overcoaching. For me, if you see three or four good athletes on a team and you see a box score and they've maybe shot six times … you know, come on."

Very interesting comments by Barmore about "overcoaching". This is exactly what I was saying last week after our men's game at Idaho, when Olu only shot TWICE all night. That's just not acceptable.

GREAT ARTICLE!!! Thanks for posting.

HD

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad Coach B is enjoying the BU Lady Bears basketball program. Glad he won't be there permanently because I would like to see him in Ruston and sorta "mentor" T-Spoon as a head coach.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNGuy View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I'm glad Coach B is enjoying the BU Lady Bears basketball program. Glad he won't be there permanently because I would like to see him in Ruston and sorta "mentor" T-Spoon as a head coach.
    I wouldn't mind seeing him back, but I want T-Spoon to have the chance to make this HER team first. Barmore can come back after Spoon makes her name in coaching - like he did with Kim.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing him back, but I want T-Spoon to have the chance to make this HER team first. Barmore can come back after Spoon makes her name in coaching - like he did with Kim.

Can't agree with you on that one big guy. The sooner we get the living legend back in the house, under any capacity, the better off the program and the entire school will be.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    Can't agree with you on that one big guy. The sooner we get the living legend back in the house, under any capacity, the better off the program and the entire school will be.
    I just think that if he came back now, the credit for rebuilding would go to him. I think it needs to go to Spoon. I would love for him to leave Baylor now, though, and come back to Ruston. I know a lot of Baylor fans - my neice and nephew both went there and a couple of cousins. My parents went to a game recently with my neice and came back stating that Barmore looked totally bored on the bench. Then, my uncle and aunt went to the B12 conference tournament and said that he sat there and yawned - not really paying much attention to the game. I have a feeling that he is active in practice, though. Barmore is a true Lady Techster person. I just don't think he can ever care about any team as much as Tech. So, I think he will be back - but, he will wait and let Spoon take the lead for a year.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDawg View Post

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

As many of you know, the Baylor girls won the Big 12 Tournament in OKC on Sunday. Immediately after the game, one of Baylor's star players was interviewed at courtside on Fox Sports Southwest, and she had some interesting comments about Leon Barmore.

Here's how the interview went: (I'm paraphrasing below)

Reporter: "So, when you guys got down (to TX A&M) by about 12 to 14 points in the first half, you switched to a zone defense and things seemed to change quickly. It was the first time many of us had seen Baylor run a zone defense in years. What was up with that?

Baylor player: "Coach Barmore called that zone defense. We have never run a zone defense before....at least not during the 3 years I've been here (at Baylor). But coach Barmore drew it up during one of our timeouts, and it worked great. They (A&M) seemed to completely shut down when we went to the zone defense."

Reporter: "So Coach Barmore called the zone defense.....Did you guys ever think it would work this well?"

Baylor player: "Yes. We know that if Coach Barmore draws up a play for us, it's gonna work. We know we're golden."

HD

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    As many of you know, the Baylor girls won the Big 12 Tournament in OKC on Sunday. Immediately after the game, one of Baylor's star players was interviewed at courtside on Fox Sports Southwest, and she had some interesting comments about Leon Barmore.

Reporter: "So, when you guys got down (to TX A&M) by about 12 to 14 points in the first half, you switched to a zone defense and things seemed to change quickly. It was the first time many of us had seen Baylor run a zone defense in years. What was up with that?

Baylor player: "Coach Barmore called that zone defense. We have never run a zone defense before....at least not during the 3 years I've been here (at Baylor). But coach Barmore drew it up during one of our timeouts, and it worked great. They (A&M) seemed to completely shut down when we went to the zone defense."

Reporter: "So Coach Barmore called the zone defense.....Did you guys ever think it would work this well?"

Baylor player: "Yes. We know that if Coach Barmore draws up a play for us, it's gonna work. We know we're golden."
    HD
    College students can have serious ego problems, and it takes one to know one. As a former d-bag, I feel compelled to say dang that kid trusts that guy very much.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

He's homesick. Personally, I don't think he'll do the Baylor gig after this year. We need to figure out a way to get him involved again in some capacity because he still wants to coach.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

HD
    That, plus they asked her what they would be doing this week to get ready for the tournament. She said (and am paraphrasing like above), "We'll be working on Barmore defense."

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

Reading that made me depressed...

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

The quote is interestnig, but just going to a minor point here. I find it a bit hard to believe that Baylor hasn't run a zone in 3 years. I know Kim ran one in the FF game against LSU, and I thought I remembered some since then. I know Kim doesn't like to play zone, but considering some of the matchup issues she's had (especially against OU) I find it hard to believe Baylor hasn't run one in 3 years.. Can't remember a specific case to prove it wrong though, so maybe the player is remembering right.

+ Reply to Thread