+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Basketball DH in Shreveport

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Basketball Basketball DH in Shreveport

I wish Tech would start holding either a combined tourney or at least a men's and women's double-header in Shreveport every year for basketball. An early season (or even pre-season) event--especially with both teams on the rise--could help sell some tickets down the road. I love the DHs they've done in Ruston, but would like to see one more in S'port each year.

Thoughts?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Basketball DH in Shreveport

I would agree with this as long as they get the facilities up to par at the State Fair grounds. We don't need to play in Shreveport on a floor or a field that is below what we have at home. This was a major turn off for a lot of fans at the Indy Bowl. Our home field is nicer than a field that hosts a million dollar bowl game. If Shreveport would pump some money into those facilities I would be all for it. Or we could play at the CenturyTel like we did against Centenary. Overall I think it would be great. We could play some teams from Central and East Texas and make it more regionally appealing for them to travel.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Tech, NWSt, Centenary, and Grambling

NWLA Basketball Extravaganza ©

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Our home field is nicer than a field that hosts a million dollar bowl game.
    The Independence Bowl's turn is life a bed of green, tangled up noodles. Horrible.

Thanks for the invite, though, guys

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I would agree with this as long as they get the facilities up to par at the State Fair grounds. We don't need to play in Shreveport on a floor or a field that is below what we have at home. This was a major turn off for a lot of fans at the Indy Bowl. Our home field is nicer than a field that hosts a million dollar bowl game. If Shreveport would pump some money into those facilities I would be all for it. Or we could play at the CenturyTel like we did against Centenary. Overall I think it would be great. We could play some teams from Central and East Texas and make it more regionally appealing for them to travel.
    I was thinking CenturyTel anyway.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

In my opinion, it's been a dumb move for these last 3 years of having the men play in CTel, and the Ladies play a home game in Ruston. I've complained and written e-mails EVERY YEAR, but we continue to do the same thing every year with no logical reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    In my opinion, it's been a dumb move for these last 3 years of having the men play in CTel, and the Ladies play a home game in Ruston. I've complained and written e-mails EVERY YEAR, but we continue to do the same thing every year with no logical reason why.
    Keep the old folks out of Shreveport, and get the young, partyin hooligans out of Ruston..

Too bad no students drive to Shreveport for the game, though.
    Heck, no students drive to the TAC for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    I thought I remembered that the women had a home game on at least one of the men's S'port game nights, but I couldn't remember for sure. Maybe now that there is a little more attention on S'port following the I-Bowl deal we can get this looked at more seriously. It shouldn't be that difficult, especially as we've already been playing in CTel a few times over the past few years anyway.

We don't have that many football game slots to play around with, so we need to use them very strategically with regard to having home games in S'port. But the is no acceptable reason that we shouldn't have a combined basketball event there EVERY year. I realize basketball coaches have more say over their schedules--which could account for why this hasn't been pursued--but it should theoretically be as simple as Dooley telling the two HCs to make it happen. Once you have a date, there are a lot of options for what Ryan and Adam can do to make it a meaningful outreach to our largest alumni base.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Tech, NWSt, Centenary, and Grambling

NWLA Basketball Extravaganza ©
    Piney Hills Classic. With gold encrusted pine cone trophies. One for the men & another for the women. Play both tournaments at C-Tel over a long weekend. Early in the season. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd weekend in December. After the fball regular season ends, but before finals and bowls. Starts on a Thursday evening, continues Friday afternoon. Wraps up with games all day Saturday.

+ Reply to Thread