+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WNIT - La Tech

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: WNIT - La Tech

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    I would enjoy being proved wrong.
    As would I.... Just joking with you, but in this case it is true. :icon_wink:

We have some common ground on this, though. Got to keep recruiting and building. Honestly, though, I think Fresno is going to pull an upset in the first round of the NCAA's, as well.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone that didn't listen to TSpoon's press conference, should. You can still play it back. She will fire you up!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Yes, we've fallen far. No, the NIT is not something to be excited about.

THAT SAID, this gives Spoon more opportunity to keep building, AND, it gives these young women, NONE OF WHOM HAVE EVER PLAYED IN THE POST-SEASON, a chance to see what that is like. No, it's not the same drama and excitement of the NCAA tourney, but it IS several steps ahead of where we thought we'd end up just a month ago.

I, unlike others on here, do NOT expect us to do that well in the NIT. I also have no expectations of beating teams we're just not on the same level with. We're just not that strong yet. But I DO think we'll get more experience, and ultimately that will help for next season.
    I don't expect us to win it(but hope we do), but I am certainly glad that we will get the additional practice and game. Although and NIT bid is nothing to get excited about, a few weeks ago we wouldn't have even been good enough to get that. This will help us get where we want to be, so for that I am excited. There is finally light at the end of the tunnel and at least we are moving forward.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I don't expect us to win it(but hope we do), but I am certainly glad that we will get the additional practice and game. Although and NIT bid is nothing to get excited about, a few weeks ago we wouldn't have even been good enough to get that. This will help us get where we want to be, so for that I am excited. There is finally light at the end of the tunnel and at least we are moving forward.
    ---
    yea we lost to Nevada on there home court, the Nevada team that beat us is the same team that beat Louivile earlier in the year!
    Kriner is one of the countrys best players and she was on fire, it's hard to beat a team with the home field advantage and there star player lighting up the nets!
    The Nevada coach said it best when she noted that we weren't a good team but a great one!
    Any team can beat any other team at any given time on any given day in basketball.
    Bring on the NIT and we are starting Thursday night with a whipping of SMU!
    Go Spoon and the Techsters!

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

i fully expect the SMU game to be a STATEMENT game.

Spoon is not happy about losing the WAC tournament.

The Techsters will be out to demolish SMU.

My prediction is a double digit victory.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    i fully expect the SMU game to be a STATEMENT game.

Spoon is not happy about losing the WAC tournament.

The Techsters will be out to demolish SMU.

My prediction is a double digit victory.
    At 10 at the least or 20 at the least? Just because it's double digits doesn't mean it's a demolition. In my opinion for it to be considered a statement demolishing, we need to let them no closer than 7 throughout the first half with at least a 20 point win.

SMU won the regular season CUSA title. They are very similar to us in a lot of ways - record is almost identical and were upset in the CUSA tournament in the semi's. They beat a ranked TCU early in the year (of course, so did Fresno).

I WANT this to be a statement game and believe it will be. SMU is a good team, so we have got to be ready.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    GREAT POST! I am right there with ya, Russ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    The mutual support is appreciated, Champ!!!

I am so elated that these ladies on this year's team that some of us kept believing in earned the honor of returning us to post season play. They'll have us back in the NCAA soon too!!!
    For this series of posts we need that group hug emoticon that Dogtor Evil proposed.

Big Dog Dawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her gameDawgfan71227 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    . Just joking with you, but in this case it is true. :icon_wink:
    Don't joke on this thread or Doc will give you a DOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan71227 View Post
    Don't joke on this thread or Doc will give you a DOT.
    We are pretty "dot proof" with all our green.

+ Reply to Thread