+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WNIT 1st Round Game for Tech

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: WNIT 1st Round Game for Tech

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Inudesu,
    What's up bud? You have been arguing with everyone lately.:icon_wink:
    In an "I know I'm right" kind of mood, I guess.

Got to have some debate going while we wait for football. I really believe what I post, although probably not as fervently as it comes across sometimes. I hate arguing politics, so that leaves sports.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    In an "I know I'm right" kind of mood, I guess.

Got to have some debate going while we wait for football. I really believe what I post, although probably not as fervently as it comes across sometimes. I hate arguing politics, so that leaves sports.
    Well, I can relate to that. I don't do the politics anymore, if I can possibly help it. I think I am tired of arguing anything, though. Had a long meeting today and had to work hard to get my point across to some stubborn employees, so I am spent. It's all yours. :icon_wink:

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Last time . . .

we made the wrong choice.

It's that simple.
    That's very subjective...

Last time . . .

it just didn't matter.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    It was close. The players walked off the floor. 4 is an exaggeration, but not by much. Not only did we have players that had stated they were quitting, but we had attitude problems with the players that would have still been there. That team deserved to die off, so that the new players could come in. Kurch, Moore, and Mangum had basically already quit. I think Metoyer would have stayed. Wonder if she and the 2 or 3 others could have pulled off a win?

No, it was a losing situation. The game was not extra experience for anyone and we were in bad shape waiting for our incoming class. It would have served no purpose, except to embarrass the name of the Lady Techsters and what we stood for. Our goal should ALWAYS be the NCAA.
    If all this is true why wasn't CL released then to spare us 1.75 seasons of misery?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    If all this is true why wasn't CL released then to spare us 1.75 seasons of misery?
    I am not qualified to answer that. My thought is that these were none of his players. We went through a phase of recruiting some really bad attitudes and it was showing up. He had one year with them. Saying that, though, you have to remember who was A.D. at the time.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    It's funny. Seriously.

Long doesn't even get blamed for the infighting. There is the subliminal accusation that it was Budke's recruits, so they had bad attitudes. What's strange, though, and doesn't allow that argument to hold up, is that most of those SAME players were on the only team that Long took to the dance....and they were NOT his recruits THEN, and they did NOT have attitude problems THEN, but suddenly, under his failed leadership, that many of us were calling out, when bad attitudes developed, it was STILL the fault of the person who recruited them.

The problem is gone. And as we NOW know, the person with the attitude problem was NOT the players.

The back and forth over "should have/shouldn't have" regarding the NIT two years ago is pointless. Those who said we should NOT do it then did not use the reasoning that is being used now. It doesn't matter, though. We're here now, regardless of how we got here, and there is an OBVIOUS improvement in the team, Spoon is doing the hard work, and the players are responding to her leadership. Leadership. That's something that was missing for the past three seasons.

Now, we have Spoon and leadership. And we said goodbye to L-ong, and the bad attitude.

Varsity Bulldog techboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her game

Why is everyone so serious? We need to be thankful we get the chance to see our Techsters on the home court at least one more time. We probably would not be having this discussion if Long was our head coach still.

So lets get happy now!!

Quote Originally Posted by techboy09 View Post
    Why is everyone so serious? We need to be thankful we get the chance to see our Techsters on the home court at least one more time. We probably would not be having this discussion if Long was our head coach still.

So lets get happy now!!
    I agree! The other WNIT thread is a little better.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Last time . . .

It's that simple.

I agree- but it doesn't matter anymore - it is over with.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Last time . . .

It's that simple.
    Agreed. Very simple. I know its water under the bridge, but that was when they lost me as a fan. There is no way you will ever convince me that quitting was the right move. Take your lumps and grow from it, but dammit, don't quit on your school and your fans. That said, I'll see y'all tomorrow night.

Fair enough. I can't believe that some of you think we should have gone when we didn't have a team. It was the team that quit on us. I would have hated to have been embarrassed in the WNIT with that group, but that is just me. Anyway, we can agree to disagree. We have all stated our points and I think I am in the minority. Time to move on, though. I am SOOOOO ready for this game tomorrow night. I can't make it, but my cousin from W. Monroe is going in my place and she can yell and scream with the best of them. She will be with my Dad at the game.

I sure hope TechTV is covering it. I haven't heard anything about that yet. The only way they wouldn't is if the WNIT has some rule, but since I don't think they have a way to view it otherwise, I would think we would be in the clear.

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

i like spaghetti

Quote Originally Posted by DrumDawg View Post
    i like spaghetti
    Macaroni is BETTER, dang it! :icon_wink:

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    Agreed. Very simple. I know its water under the bridge, but that was when they lost me as a fan. There is no way you will ever convince me that quitting was the right move. Take your lumps and grow from it, but dammit, don't quit on your school and your fans. That said, I'll see y'all tomorrow night.
    FAN-DANG-TASTIC!! SUPER!!!

Let's hope you're at a big. loud, rowdy party with about 5,000 other TECH FANATICS! Let's make it TAC /Memorial redux night!!

NO MERCY FOR SMU FROM FANS OR LADY TECHSTERS. GATA EVERYBODY!!

Varsity Bulldog techboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her game

Blue Out!!!!

+ Reply to Thread