+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darren Sharper to NO

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Darren Sharper to NO

Well even if he is 33 years old I am pumped to have him coming to the boot. Anything could improve our safety play from last year and he has 54 career picks, like 800 tackles and could provide some playoff experience and leadership to the Saints. Now its time to draft solid players and win games!

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Re: Darren Sharper to NO

I like the pick-up. We are adding some good depth to the D this year. Still can't believe we kept Bryant Young though!

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Bandaide move, but a good pick-up. Will be a "coach" on the field. Probably has one, maybe two good years left, but still has something left in the tank.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I love this pick-up. safety has been a huge problem with Da Saints. He will mentor the young guys as well; especially Young himself that is rumored to be trying the safety position out at TC. Now for a CB, OLB and a bruser RB.

Champ Cass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really niceCass582 is just really nice

I agree I think this is a good pickup we need all the DB help we can get.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Harper can use some tutelage from a proven vet and I bet this is one of the reasons he is down here. I love the pickup even if it is for 1 or 2 years because we need help that bad. I think people forget that we have a new defensive coordinator.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I like most all of the new additions listed below including the 2 new guys the past week at the bottom. And more importantly we resigned LB Vilma, OL Stinchcomb and WR Henderson. It's been a good bargin hunting off season for the Saints. IMHO, we have improved at all defensive positions just by getting rid of/cutting our safety's Bullocks and KK. And did I mention I got 6 season tickets for this year finally?

2. Adds: (New Players-Vet.)
    Dan Campbell - TE (Detiort Lions) (1 YR Deal)
    Jabari Greer - CB (4 YRs Deal)
    Heath Evans (RB) signed/unrestricted free agent (two-year contract).
    Paul Spicer (DE)
    Nick Leckey (C)
    Darnell Dinkins (TE)
    Darren Sharper (FS)
    Pierson Prioleau (S) (one-year contract) New this week. DC Greg Williams has this guy play for him wherever he has coached. A special teams beast and a hitter.

Rod Coleman (DT) (one-year contract) New this week. AllPro from Atlanta maybe a camp body but still might have 2 good years left. His sack total from the DT position are legendary

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Bryan Young is injury prone and d-tackle has become one of the deepest positions on the team after this off-season, not to mention D. Pressley, a DT from last year's draft, will be returning from IR. Young is almost a lock to get released at some point.

Bryant Young doesn't play for the Saints.

And the Coleman signing is low risk/high reward and could prove to be a huge acquisition, much like the signing of Dan Morgan last year, who barring injury, will start at WLB this season. Between the new coordinator and the new additions, the D should be much improved. Can't wait for the draft!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    Bryan Young is injury prone and d-tackle has become one of the deepest positions on the team after this off-season, not to mention D. Pressley, a DT from last year's draft, will be returning from IR. Young is almost a lock to get released at some point.

And the Coleman signing is low risk/high reward and could prove to be a huge acquisition, much like the signing of Dan Morgan last year, who barring injury, will start at WLB this season. Between the new coordinator and the new additions, the D should be much improved. Can't wait for the draft!
    Spot on post. Who are you thinking for the draft? CB/S Jenkins, OLB Cushing or RB B.Wells maybe? Or would you risk trading down for more picks and still hope for a Cushing, Wells or CB V. Davis?

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

When I first met you Hambone, well I gotta be honest, you were a whiny little b*tch. But now, I look at you and I see a dude that knows whats up.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Spot on post. Who are you thinking for the draft? CB/S Jenkins, OLB Cushing or RB B.Wells maybe? Or would you risk trading down for more picks and still hope for a Cushing, Wells or CB V. Davis?
    I'm not a fan of V. Davis. I think he might end up overhyped like his brother. I'm hoping for Jenkins, Cushing, Wells, or Clay Matthews. They could trade back for an extra pick or two and possibly still get one of those four, but who knows who they have their eyes on. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    when i first met you hambone, well i gotta be honest, you were a whiny little b*tch. But now, i look at you and i see a dude that knows whats up.
    i mean no offense, but you have a sh*tty job, you're not quite as tall as me, nobody really respects you. Me on the other hand, i got the glory, the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the dinali. I get drunk on the reg, fn good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg. Basically all the sh*t most men fantasize about.

I'm not a fan of V. Davis. I think he might end up overhyped like his brother. I'm hoping for Jenkins, Cushing, Wells, or Clay Matthews. They could trade back for an extra pick or two and possibly still get one of those four, but who knows who they have their eyes on. What do you think?
    I would like to see the Saints take Jenkins or Cushing. We'll have to have some luck for Jenkins to fall but Cushing could be back around 16 - 20 if we trade back a tad. I think we can get a big running back later in the draft where a lot of good backs seem to hide the last 10 - 12 years. Or maybe we will grab a cut veteran RB. Like one of Denver's, that will have to be released, after the 3 FA's they signed on top of who they already had in their backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I would like to see the Saints take Jenkins or Cushing. We'll have to have some luck for Jenkins to fall but Cushing could be back around 16 - 20 if we trade back a tad. I think we can get a big running back later in the draft where a lot of good backs seem to hide the last 10 - 12 years. Or maybe we will grab a cut veteran RB. Like one of Denver's, that will have to be released, after the 3 FA's they signed on top of who they already had in their backfield.
    Yea, with the Saints' #1 offense, its hard to justify taking a running back in the first round when the defense could use some young studs. Also, I don't remember the exact number, but I wanna say Wells caught less than 15 passes in his career at OSU. That doesn't fit well in the Saints pass-first O.

CHAMPIONSHIP !!!!!!!!

The Latest News
    Saints agree to terms with S Darren Sharper Posted By: Andrus Posted On Today 5/3/10
    04:44 PM

For Immediate Release
    neworleanssaints.com

New Orleans Saints Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis announced Monday that the club has agreed to terms on a one-year contract with unrestricted free agent free safety Darren Sharper, bringing the veteran defender back to New Orleans for a second season.

"We have said since the end of the season that we would love to have Darren back in a Saints uniform for 2010 and I'm glad we've been able to make that happen," Loomis said. "Darren was an integral part of our Super Bowl-winning team and we look forward to having him back."

Sharper, 34, leads all active NFL players in interceptions with 63 and was a key cog in leading the Saints to their Super Bowl XLIV victory as he matched his career-best with nine interceptions in being named to his fifth Pro Bowl in his 13th NFL season. Prior to signing with New Orleans in March 2009, the veteran defender played eight seasons with the Green Bay Packers after being selected in the second round of the 1997 NFL Draft and later played four seasons with the Minnesota Vikings.

The 6-2, 210-pound product of William & Mary has played in 197 career regular season games, with 181 starts to his credit, and has racked up 1,085 tackles, 147 passes defensed, 63 interceptions, nine forced fumbles, 7½ sacks and seven fumble recoveries. In 13 career postseason games, Sharper has started 10 of the contests and registered 74 career tackles, 11 passes defensed, two sacks, two interceptions, two forced...
    Read More...

+ Reply to Thread