+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Illinois State

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: Illinois State

Would be a huge win. However, Nevada capped us on their own court so anything can happen.....I want to see less walks and sloppy turnovers by our Techsters.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    Would be a huge win. However, Nevada capped us on their own court so anything can happen.....I want to see less walks and sloppy turnovers by our Techsters.
    True. Johnson is a true star, but could be even more so, if she could put that ball on the floor before going up for the shot. She is called on that all the time.

The turnovers were just sloppy play in the beginning. We HAVE to clean that up. We still are not known for a fast starting team. We play VERY well in streaks. Need some consistency and we will be fine (for years to come). :icon_wink:

Did anyone catch when Dowdell was double teamed and knew Johnson was there? She threw the ball straight up in the air and Johnson lifted up like a rocket and tipped that ball in above the rim. I was amazed! That girl can lift off and fly sometimes. It truly made me wonder if she could dunk. She certainly was high enough on that play.

Varsity Bulldog techfan4life has turned a few heads around heretechfan4life has turned a few heads around here

According to ISU's stats, we have the height advantage, and better rebound percentage, so hopefully that will help keep it a fast paced game. They have a better overall field goal, free throw and three point percentage, so I think smart, tough defense and staying out of foul trouble will be the key to the game.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techfan4life View Post
    According to ISU's stats, we have the height advantage, and better rebound percentage, so hopefully that will help keep it a fast paced game. They have a better overall field goal, free throw and three point percentage, so I think smart, tough defense and staying out of foul trouble will be the key to the game.
    Don't they have a hot shooting guard? Their star player? If so, we need to really get after her. I think they are known for forcing a lot of turnovers too - this is just from bits and pieces I have picked up on. If that is true, protecting the ball is going to be key. None of those sloppy turnovers.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Yes, but that was the FIRST Techster team this year. This is the SECOND Techster team.
    Isn't that bass ackwards?? :icon_wink:

Varsity Bulldog techfan4life has turned a few heads around heretechfan4life has turned a few heads around here

Don't they have a hot shooting guard? Their star player? If so, we need to really get after her. I think they are known for forcing a lot of turnovers too - this is just from bits and pieces I have picked up on. If that is true, protecting the ball is going to be key. None of those sloppy turnovers.
    I think you're right about their hot shooting guard. I remember seeing something about her being compared to Jackie Stiles. I'm sure Spoon and company are doing their homework.

Quote Originally Posted by techfan4life View Post
    I think you're right about their hot shooting guard. I remember seeing something about her being compared to Jackie Stiles. I'm sure Spoon and company are doing their homework.
    We will probably put Pringle on her, but will need to watch out for the fouls.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Pringle did not play well in the last two games. For some reason I thought she had her mind somewhere else last night.

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    Pringle did not play well in the last two games. For some reason I thought she had her mind somewhere else last night.
    Her defense was good, as usual. I think she is the best defensive player we have. Her offense and ball control was off, though.

I am looking at ISU's schedule and results. They did much better as the season went on. Ended up with 7 losses. Their most difficult opponent was probably DePaul, who beat them 80-68. They, also, lost to Tulane early in the year by 13. Hard to tell much on their schedule, as there are so many teams that are unknowns. They are tough at home, though. Looks like they only lost one game there this year and it was in OT.

It is difficult to get a feel for such an unknown foe. Even their opponents aren't big names, so I don't know much about them.

Someone said they lacked height, though. They have a 6'5" Center! She was injured and had a medical redshirt until this year, it appears. Averages about 10 points a game, but gets some rebounds. Their top scorer is Kristi Cirone (5'8 guard), followed by Maggie Krick 5'11 guard), and then that 6'5" girl. That sounds like a good inside outside punch to me. Kristi averages 18 ppg as a guard. Maggie averages 12.5.

Dowdell and Johnson look MUCH more athletic, so we will have to be quick under the goal. That 6'5" girl looks huge, but I can bet you that she is slow. She can win battles, if you let her get in position - is my guess, anyway. Look to be possibly outrebounded by her. We need to get her in foul trouble early. That means taking the ball right to her and Johnson doing some twisting around her.

Here is the 6'5" girl:

Here is their top guard that is VERY good:

and here is the second guard that can do some damage:

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

If we win over Illinois state, do we host the next game?

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    If we win over Illinois state, do we host the next game?
    That is a big question. We have put in a bid, but they go off of attendance from what I have seen. We did not do ourselves any favors by not having a good crowd at the TAC last night. Butler could be the next opponent if we and they win. We have a better crowd than they do, but not better than Butler's opponent.

So, I am cheering for Butler and the Lady Techsters to win the next game and I think we have a shot.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Here is their top guard that is VERY good:

You're right... she is HOT!!! :icon_wink:

Varsity Bulldog techboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her game

here is the 6'5" girl:

Earthquake!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread