+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Illinois State

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Illinois State

Quote Originally Posted by techboy09 View Post
    Earthquake!!!!!
    If you're in Hoop Troop....

that was VERY creative, VERY funny, but please don't overuse it. Once or twice a game is enough.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    If you're in Hoop Troop....

that was VERY creative, VERY funny, but please don't overuse it. Once or twice a game is enough.
    They won't get the chance, since they probably won't get to go to Illinois State. I wish they COULD be there.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    They won't get the chance, since they probably won't get to go to Illinois State. I wish they COULD be there.
    Well DUH!!

But if we get the 3rd round game....

.... there's also next year...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Well DUH!!

But if we get the 3rd round game....

.... there's also next year...

Next year will be the NCAA's with a pretty high seed! I have the faith!

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    If we win over Illinois state, do we host the next game?
    I don't care -- I just want to win!

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

IState had better be ready to RUN for the full game. Tspoon's girls are going to come crashing down the court EVERY TIME. Truly a sight to see!!!

Champ DrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the roughDrumDawg is a jewel in the rough

reps from the wnit were at the game last night; the crowd was not huge; but did exhibit some energy; maybe that will count for something

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Unless things have changed, with the WNIT, it tends to be about money. Who can put together the best guaranteed gate. That's why Baylor hosted all the way through 8 years or so ago (Dr. Pepper put up the money).

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Believe it or not, Illinois State is where Hannah Spanich transfered from NMSU. Who is Hannah Spanich you ask? My last year of wearing a gorilla suit, I tormented her constantly about letting me take her to Applebee's. I spent the entire game after her and then made the trip to Las Cruces to torment her some more in the WAC Tournament. As I check the roster for Illinois St., sure enough there she is. You have no idea how tempting it is to bring back the gorilla suit for this game.

It's fate!

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Just a bit of history. Many years ago, when the Techsters were still playing in Memorial Gym, Illinois St. came to Tech for a Dial Classic. I was the host for Ill St. I remember sitting on the bench with them when they played us for the championship. They gave us all we wanted, at a time when we were THE team to beat in the US. I couldn't believe all the grief our fans gave the other teams.

I also remember, that at halftime of one of the games, the introduced a recruit named Kay Koneraz, who became my foster daughter for the next 4 years. Great memories!

Well, we DO have a little history with them, then. AG slip on your suit and Beaver-Dog, don't foster any of those girls - unless it is their hot Guard.

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by techboy09 View Post
    Earthquake!!!!!
    Ahhaha! Yep!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    Just a bit of history. Many years ago, when the Techsters were still playing in Memorial Gym, Illinois St. came to Tech for a Dial Classic. I was the host for Ill St. I remember sitting on the bench with them when they played us for the championship. They gave us all we wanted, at a time when we were THE team to beat in the US. I couldn't believe all the grief our fans gave the other teams.

I also remember, that at halftime of one of the games, the introduced a recruit named Kay Koneraz, who became my foster daughter for the next 4 years. Great memories!
    Former LSU coach Sue Gunter said of our group, "if those guys were ambassadors for our country the US would be at war with every nation on Earth." She was quoted in the paper. So! we started calling ourselves The Ambassadors of Harrassment. Got t-shirts made too, but only wore 'em to a few games. One in our group decided it was smart for him to work-out in it, not wash it...ugh!

Nebraska had a real cutie on their team, her name was (is) LaDonna. Woe! Brought her to tears, we did. No seriously, we did! Remember the chant: "Laaaa Donnnnnaaaa! Laaaa Donnnnnaaa! Marry me!" and that was the ahem, G-rated version of it.

But, we harrassed visiting mens' teams too. A player from UNO was so ugly..."hey, #33, I would have been yer daddy....but the dog beat me over the fence!" When he was on the foul line, he dropped the ball and started walking toward us...had to be restrained by his teammates.

A year later UNO was back at Memorial for the last time...during pre-game warm-ups their coach, Ron Greene, walked by us talking with his assistant, he glanced at us and I heard him say, "Now I remember why we cancelled this series."

A player from South Alabama, who, unfortunately hit the game-winner at the buzzer, made it a point to come over to us and was pointing his finger, "how do ya like that!?" We shrugged, "okay...nice shot...but you're still ugly."

And, though it didn't involve me, anyone else remember the Arkansas State player throwing the ball at some rowdy Tech fans!

Great times!

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Believe it or not, Illinois State is where Hannah Spanich transfered from NMSU. Who is Hannah Spanich you ask? My last year of wearing a gorilla suit, I tormented her constantly about letting me take her to Applebee's. I spent the entire game after her and then made the trip to Las Cruces to torment her some more in the WAC Tournament. As I check the roster for Illinois St., sure enough there she is. You have no idea how tempting it is to bring back the gorilla suit for this game.

It's fate!
    going to ignore the restraining order she placed against you, eh?

Abominable Stalker or Stalker Gorilla...which sounds better?
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Former LSU coach Sue Gunter said of our group, "if those guys were ambassadors for our country the US would be at war with every nation on Earth." She was quoted in the paper. So! we started calling ourselves The Ambassadors of Harrassment. Got t-shirts made too, but only wore 'em to a few games. One in our group decided it was smart for him to work-out in it, not wash it...ugh!

Nebraska had a real cutie on their team, her name was (is) LaDonna. Woe! Brought her to tears, we did. No seriously, we did! Remember the chant: "Laaaa Donnnnnaaaa! Laaaa Donnnnnaaa! Marry me!" and that was the ahem, G-rated version of it.

But, we harrassed visiting mens' teams too. A player from UNO was so ugly..."hey, #33, I would have been yer daddy....but the dog beat me over the fence!" When he was on the foul line, he dropped the ball and started walking toward us...had to be restrained by his teammates.

A year later UNO was back at Memorial for the last time...during pre-game warm-ups their coach, Ron Greene, walked by us talking with his assistant, he glanced at us and I heard him say, "Now I remember why we cancelled this series."

A player from South Alabama, who, unfortunately hit the game-winner at the buzzer, made it a point to come over to us and was pointing his finger, "how do ya like that!?" We shrugged, "okay...nice shot...but you're still ugly."

And, though it didn't involve me, anyone else remember the Arkansas State player throwing the ball at some rowdy Tech fans!

Great times!
    I remember ALL OF THOSE TIMES! Great fun!!!!!!!! Thanks for the memories! I would STILL LOVE to play a retro game in Memorial!

+ Reply to Thread