+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Houston Baptist

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Re: Houston Baptist

Also, Jamelle Clements will most likely be the starter on Tuesday when the Bulldogs make the short trip to Grambling. It will be his fourth apperance on the mound for the Dawgs and his first career start.

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the roughbigdawg18 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Also, Jamelle Clements will most likely be the starter on Tuesday when the Bulldogs make the short trip to Grambling. It will be his fourth apperance on the mound for the Dawgs and his first career start.
    That will be a good first start for him against Grambling. Also, whats up with Lebreton? I haven't seen him pitch at all. Is he out with an injury or anything like that?

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Hindsight is 20/20 but if we bring Jefferson in first and get us to the 8th we win this game. Then let the true FR get in the game: Corondao, Williams-who was making his first appearance on the mound, and Meyers or whoever to finish it out. I heard the same as jford that we would be thin in the pen Sunday and we just didn't get it done on this day. I am worried about our pen come conference time though. So far the FR have been just as Sim warned- up and down. You have to let them get their feet wet though before conference time b/c some of them will be forced into action. One injury has killed us and that is Richard. Before the season Sim said he will pitch in every game he can, that is how much he is needed. He is worth a couple of more wins so far and may cost of several more if some of the FR arms don't step up, which is asking alot of true FR facing WAC level Jrs and Srs. Hope they have more good days than bad.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg18 View Post
    Also some people posting still aren't getting that we have a young pitching staff.
    I have heard that forever though. Probably because as pitchers here get more experience, they usually get worse.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Young staff or not, just please STOP the walks...that frustrates me the most...you shouldn't even be allowed to call yourself a pitcher if all you do is walk people...likewise goes for the fielding errors...these are basic fundamentals that any guy with the talent and capability of playing NCAA baseball should have...period...

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupporter11 View Post
    Young staff or not, just please STOP the walks...that frustrates me the most...you shouldn't even be allowed to call yourself a pitcher if all you do is walk people...likewise goes for the fielding errors...these are basic fundamentals that any guy with the talent and capability of playing NCAA baseball should have...period...
    I believe there was only 2 walks in a 12 inning game Sunday. Errors did hurt though.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    I have heard that forever though. Probably because as pitchers here get more experience, they usually get worse.
    Please give some examples. And don't use Burnett, b/c he never was that great. Great arm? Yes. Good pitcher? Not so much. Mosely seems to be better than when he got here. I want to here some good examples of guys who were great as freshman and bad by their senior year. Fill me in, old wise one.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupporter11 View Post

Then you should be happy that our FR guys came in and did not walk anyone but got hit around a little so you lose by competing and they learn from it. I can live with that just throw the ball over the plate. That is exactly what they did Sunday so I got not complaints. When guys walk they score plain and simple. Baseball is a crazy game like that but you can give up a singe, reach on an error, HBP and they score less often than when you walk batters for whatever reason.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Then you should be happy that our FR guys came in and did not walk anyone but got hit around a little so you lose by competing and they learn from it. I can live with that just throw the ball over the plate. That is exactly what they did Sunday so I got not complaints. When guys walk they score plain and simple. Baseball is a crazy game like that but you can give up a singe, reach on an error, HBP and they score less often than when you walk batters for whatever reason.
    You're absolutely right...I'm one of the guys who had no problem with the loss Sunday...and have no problem with getting beat by better teams on a better day, just don't give the game away with things you can control...

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Please give some examples. And don't use Burnett, b/c he never was that great. Great arm? Yes. Good pitcher? Not so much. Mosely seems to be better than when he got here. I want to here some good examples of guys who were great as freshman and bad by their senior year. Fill me in, old wise one.
    Bottom line is that this is Sim's 6th year. We shouldn't be having to rely on this many "young" pitchers. I am his #1 fan, but its time to start winning
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Ok so when Moseley's class were freshmen, you had him Lassere, Braud, Lorio, Lachney, Stevens, and Scott. Lassere, Lorio, and Braud used all their eligibility. Stevens and Lachney decided to focus on their studies, and Scott got married and had a kid and gave up baseball. Moseley is still there and better, Lorio got better, Lassere may have been a draw, and Braud got alot better. That is four people that got better or stayed the same, none got worse. The others just didn't work out. The next year you saw Burrnett and Jericho, Burnett just didn't do well plain and simple. Jericho could ahve gone in the third round as a pitcher, so he got better. That is two years of people that got better on the hill and other than Moseley, are not on this years team. The way I look at it that is anywhere from 5 people that could have provided great support on the mound. It doesn't matter why they left, but they did and so we are stuck with alot of young people in the staff.

+ Reply to Thread