+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NCAA first round: Barmore designee head coach vs UTSA

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: NCAA first round: Barmore designee head coach vs UTSA

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Doc, to clarify the point.....I do not think Tech should totally focus on athletics. However, we have staff and professors who think that all athletic scholarships should be removed because these kids should be in school for school only. Those people need to realize that without the athletic department, the rest of the school doesn't function near the level it is now. They also need to realize that, with more support and more money, more opportunities will arise in the area of academics.

You are right that the focus cannot be totally shifted to athletics alone. But you can't ignore the fact that our athletics don't get near the support from the inside or outside as they should.
    Thanks for the clarrification. In those cases, I'll completely agree with you.

These other guys just don't know.... I've got a beagle mix that does sing!! :icon_wink:

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Brian96: "King of the Yeah, Buts".
    Oh, and I almost forgot:

Hello Mr. Pot, my name is Kettle. It is a pleasure to meet you. :icon_wink:

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Oh, and I almost forgot:

Hello Mr. Pot, my name is Kettle. It is a pleasure to meet you. :icon_wink:
    Takes one to know one.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

sticks and stones may break my bones....

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Let's wrap this up SPOON GOOD PIGTAILS BAD

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    My team, San Diego State...
    Ahem??

Doc, to clarify the point.....I do not think Tech should totally focus on athletics. However, we have staff and professors who think that all athletic scholarships should be removed because these kids should be in school for school only. Those people need to realize that without the athletic department, the rest of the school doesn't function near the level it is now. They also need to realize that, with more support and more money, more opportunities will arise in the area of academics.

You are right that the focus cannot be totally shifted to athletics alone. But you can't ignore the fact that our athletics don't get near the support from the inside or outside as they should.
    It seems to me that your argument would be more solid if our athletic program was more financially profitable.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Gorilla, that is where the old saying applies "You gotta spend money to make money!" But yes, the argument for support would carry more weight especially if both B-Ball teams could at least get 3,000-5,000 to a game.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Gorilla, that is where the old saying applies "You gotta spend money to make money!" But yes, the argument for support would carry more weight especially if both B-Ball teams could at least get 3,000-5,000 to a game.
    How many athletic programs do make money? I understand that you mean the athletic benefit for the school is indirect, but that's difficult to show or quantify.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

FYI- ESPN Commentors just said that LA Tech administration "didn't step up to the plate with Mulkey". Everytime I watch a Baylor game on TV they bring this up, nine years later.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    FYI- ESPN Commentors just said that LA Tech administration "didn't step up to the plate with Mulkey". Everytime I watch a Baylor game on TV they bring this up, nine years later.

They just like to stir up stuff. That road ran both ways. More than enough blame to go around for all parties involved...

Time to bury this horse for good!

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    They just like to stir up stuff. That road ran both ways. More than enough blame to go around for all parties involved...

Time to bury this horse for good!
    Agreed. Time to bury the hatchet and let it go.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    What they meant to say is, "The administration did not step up to the plate, bend over backwards, and dislocate both of their hips to cater to talk Mulkey into taking a job she apparently wasn't very interested in." :icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread