+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Films of 2008

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Best Films of 2008

Now that the Oscars are over and films are slowly making there way onto DVD, for the third time now on this board, this is my top 10 films of 2008...what say you...

1) FROST/NIXON - the most taut, tense film of the year...Ron Howard's best film IMO, and that's saying a lot...would have given the Oscar to Frank Langella's portrayal of Richard Nixon in a heartbeat...

2) THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON - the epic of the year with the best production...story touches on plenty of life's hard subjects that leads to plenty of thought-provoking discussions...

3) THE WRESTLER - the best human drama of the year...Mickey Rourke awes you and Darren Aronofsky delivers a huge punch with his writing/direction...short and simple, but with tons of raw emotion...

4) The DARK KNIGHT - Heath Ledger, Christian Bale, Christopher Nolan, Aaron Eckhart, Michael Cain, Maggie Gyllenhal...Need I say more...

5) BOY-A - my sleeper pick of the year...a small title, but hugely affective...

6) REVOLUTIONARY ROAD - better than American Beauty...not quite...but another dazzling suburban drama from Sam Mendes...

7) SNOW ANGELS - another small title people should seek out with an ending that's sure to leave anyone speechless...

8) REDBELT - a very underrated film IMO that deserves more attention...one of Mamet's best...

9) I'VE LOVED YOU SO LONG - my favorite foreign film of the year...a deeply moving family drama...

10) CLOVERFIELD - the very first film of 2008 I saw, and it stands the test of time...loved this movie...perhaps my favorite love story of the year...

HONORABLE MENTION

The Reader, Milk, The Visitor, In Bruges, Let the Right One In, Slumdog Millionaire, American Teen, Role Models

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: Best Films of 2008

I'm bumping this because I just saw Ben Button and boy howdy did it suck

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

I will just have to take your word for it..........I have not seen that many movies in the last 10 years in theaters.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Man card revoked!

How was Milk?

Puppy ashgray2 is an unknown

Oh! It's a heck of best movies list for 2008.
    Why don't you included some horror movies and movies from other countries like UK and Japan.
    For me the best movie is the Dark Knight.

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    I've never known a David Fincher film to suck...go watch Teeth...now that movie sucked...

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Panic Room didn't suck?

Quote Originally Posted by ashgray2 View Post
    Oh! It's a heck of best movies list for 2008.
    Why don't you included some horror movies and movies from other countries like UK and Japan.
    For me the best movie is the Dark Knight.

and I do tend to stay in Europe for my foreign films, especially French films...I did enjoy a few like In Bruges, The Flight of the Red Balloon, The Edge of Heaven, The Year My Parents Went on Vacation, Priceless, Tell No One, etc...

+ Reply to Thread