+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Game day: Lady Techsters vs. Lady RedBirds 2nd round WNIT

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Game day: Lady Techsters vs. Lady RedBirds 2nd round WNIT

are you ready for this game? I am ready.
    Let's go Techsters!!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Game day: Lady Techsters vs. Lady RedBirds 2nd round WNIT

I have BEEN ready since the SMU game!

GO TECHSTERS!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The Redbirds have had a long lay off since their last game. While we have had some rest, we shouldn't be too rusty. Let's hope we are ready for their star PG and their 6'5" (some reports have her at 6'6") post player. I think Dowdell and Johnson will be SOOOO much more athletic, though. I think we put Pringle on their PG, unless she gets in foul trouble - we then switch to Johnson on her. Then, we try to get their post player in foul trouble by driving inside. We need Jasmine to have another big game, as well. Plus, we need to knock down some tres to loosen up the middle.

This is going to be a tough game. This is a team that should have been an at-large pick in the NCAA. I know we will give it our all, though.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Here you guys go for tonight.

Louisiana Tech vs Illinois State
    Postseason WNIT 2nd Round

Day: Tuesday
    Date: Mar. 24, 2009
    TipOff: 7:05 p.m. CT
    Links

Game Notes .pdf: click here

GameTracker: click here

Radio: z107.5 FM
    *6:30pm pregame with Malcolm Butler

Video: watch (free)
    click "free events" tab

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Here you guys go for tonight.

Louisiana Tech vs Illinois State
    Postseason WNIT 2nd Round

Day: Tuesday
    Date: Mar. 24, 2009
    TipOff: 7:05 p.m. CT
    Links

Game Notes .pdf: click here

GameTracker: click here

Radio: z107.5 FM
    *6:30pm pregame with Malcolm Butler

Video: watch (free)
    click "free events" tab
    ---
    The Redbirds should have the advantage on there home court,
    but am hopeing that the Techsters give them a nice whipping on it tonight!
    I don't know if this PG of Ill. is any better than Kriner of Nevada, and how we will match up with the 6'6" post player tonight, but am sure that Spoon and the Techsters
    will give them all they have and hopefully
    they will be on the way to a nice long NIT post season run!

GO TECHSTERS!

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    ---
    The Redbirds should have the advantage on there home court,
    but am hopeing that the Techsters give them a nice whipping on it tonight!
    I don't know if this PG of Ill. is any better than Kriner of Nevada, and how we will match up with the 6'6" post player tonight, but am sure that Spoon and the Techsters
    will give them all they have and hopefully
    they will be on the way to a nice long NIT post season run!

GO TECHSTERS!
    Someone wrote me with a little inside knowledge that the Redbirds are not very athletic. They like a half court game and will, probably, slow things down. It should say something that their HUGE post player only averages aroudn 10 ppg. Not much for that size. The PG is going to be the key, along with a fast tempo game that we dictate the speed. Dowdell and Johnson can get their big in foul trouble, hopefully.

The PG is the one to worry about. Pringle has some awesome defense, though. If we concentrate on their PG, it will be interesting if they have anyone else that can step up.

I want to talk about the game tonight and the FUTURE! Let's drop the history lesson and think about tonight! :icon_wink:

Varsity Bulldog buchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the earsbuchananbando5 seems to have something between the ears

Good luck tonight!

I wont be able to watch/listen this game. The softball team has a DH tonight so I'm at bulldog diamond tonight

Quote Originally Posted by buchananbando5 View Post
    Good luck tonight!

I wont be able to watch/listen this game. The softball team has a DH tonight so I'm at bulldog diamond tonight
    Hopefully, we will blow this open against a slower team. Gotta get some fast breaks and out run the 6'5 giant. :icon_wink:

Another thing I would like to see tonight is our guards driving in for lay ups and fouls. Let's get their starting 5 in foul trouble early. I hope that Jasmine gets some good play time and is able to do this for us. She has some Tasha Crain Williams in her for sure.

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: Game day: Lady Techsters vs. Lady RedBirds 2nd round WNIT

Is it 7:PM yet??? I can't wait!!!

GO TECHSTERS!!!

TD
    ~~

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Another thing I would like to see tonight is our guards driving in for lay ups and fouls. Let's get their starting 5 in foul trouble early. I hope that Jasmine gets some good play time and is able to do this for us. She has some Tasha Crain Williams in her for sure.
    Did you mean we need one of our guard to do the suicide mission?
    Shordy can do that :icon_wink: All she did in the last game vs. SMU was driving in for lay ups not a lot of success though

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    Did you mean we need one of our guard to do the suicide mission?
    Shordy can do that :icon_wink: All she did in the last game vs. SMU was driving in for lay ups not a lot of success though
    Jasmine was on fire in our loss to Nevada. We just couldn't get some others to step up a little more. Jasmine has a great drive in and get fouled move. We need her to do some of that tonight, when she is in the game. Pringle will play most of it, if she is not in foul trouble, though. We need her to guard their star PG. I would rotate Pringle to the 2 spot some, but let her switch up and guard their PG. Let Jasmine run the point some. Have Johnson and Dowdell inside and rotate Jones and Stewart in the 3. That, probably, won't be the starting line up, but it is a good combination. The only thing is if Jones is hot, we can let her take over the game some.

Champ,
    for some reason, I believe, our key player for tonight will be W. Jones. If she can make all the 3s like she did against SMU, then we can open up our inside game. That 6"6 post Illinois has will make Dowdell and Johnson jumpers much more difficult. We will need to play a high tempo and smart game at the same time. We can't afford too many TOs like we did against SMU.
    Dowdell and Johson will get their jobs done. It will be hard for any team to stop these two from scoring. If they double team one, the other will step up. We just need to have our defense ready for their guard.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I am so impressed with her ball handleing. She has alot of confidence for a freshmen. I hope she becomes a great one.

+ Reply to Thread