+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Driving down the cost...

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Re: "Driving down the cost...

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    "The death of all humans is inevitable"......
    Had I died last week, it would have been as insignificant as a random fly meeting its end in a spider's web.
    I'd like to pretend otherwise......
    But that would make me FOOL!

So your ability to reason makes you a "FOOL"?
    I had to read my post #22 again......
    To be certain that your "ability to reason makes you a FOOL" comment/conclusion was nothing more than a illogical figment of your subjective immagination...... And it was.

BUT......
    You have broached (inadvertly perhaps) a most interesting topic that IMNHO is worthy of its own thread.

SOON......
    If I do not forget or become otherwise distracted.

Cheers.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    Staying "young forever" is ever so easy......
    Simply DIE YOUNG!

But then you will never experiece/know the fullest possible cycle of life.
    The door is always open.

Cheers.
    Part two of the goal is to live forever or die trying!

Ok, that's enough of my bad humor for now. On a side note, people have this morbid aversion to death. If as many people believe in God as claim, people wouldn't be fighting death so hard.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Part two of the goal is to live forever or die trying!

Ok, that's enough of my bad humor for now. On a side note, people have this morbid aversion to death. If as many people believe in God as claim, people wouldn't be fighting death so hard.
    Bill Maher sort of made that point in Religulus.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    When you and I were young......
    "Health Insurance" did not exist because virtually everyone could afford health care.
    We went to see our doctor at his office for routine stuff, and called him to our home when we were ill.

Doc Curtiss was the answer to EVERY illness question experienced by my family throughout my youth. He lived only a few blocks from our home and he was available 24/7 at his place or ours. The "doc" and my dad were good friends/drinking buddies. No one in my family died under his care.

Back then......
    A good doctor functioned pretty much like a good plumber, a good carpenter, or any other skilled workman. Doctors were generally middle-class and competent, not rich and ELITE.

But beginning in the 1950's......
    And gaining strength throughout the 1960's......
    Then fine tuned in the 1970's......
    The greatest HEALTH THREAT to the modern world was honed and perfected.
    Unlike the bubonic plague that swept rapidly through Europe in the Middle Ages......
    This new PLAGUE crept slowly and silently throughout our culture until it ultimately came to DOMINATE virtually every aspect of medical care (AND LACK OF MEDICAL CARE) in America.

THE PLAGUE I am referring to is 3RD PARTY PAY.
    Without 3RD PARTY PAY, doctors would still be adequately compensated mortal men, NOT GODS......
    And every American would still have health care.

Cheers.
    Nail meet hammer, you just hit it on the head. My Great-Grandfather was an ole country Doc. My Dad road to see patients with him on a horse draw buggy. My Uncle was the town doctor where I grew up, and his son became a doctor in the 60's. He went the same route as my Uncle and served in the military to help pay for med school. By the time his 4 son's were born he advised all of them NOT to go into medicine because of what had happened to the medical field.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Heard this morning, on FOX, that the actress that just died from a fall on the slopes of Canada had a C-Scan available at the place they transfered her to in Canada. But they have to do a cost benefit anaysis in Canada first before using it. Their trying to find out if it was used or not and if this was one of the main problems with her care and in her death. ObamaCare....no thanks!!!!!

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Nail meet hammer, you just hit it on the head. My Great-Grandfather was an ole country Doc. My Dad road to see patients with him on a horse draw buggy. My Uncle was the town doctor where I grew up, and his son became a doctor in the 60's. He went the same route as my Uncle and served in the military to help pay for med school. By the time his 4 son's were born he advised all of them NOT to go into medicine because of what had happened to the medical field.
    Men like your great-grandfather and uncle......
    Were part of the fabric of an America ethic that I personally believe will never be woven again.

Cheers.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

+ Reply to Thread