+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuts

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Re: Cuts

La universidad numero UNO

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Hell, I'd like to see us all living on communes such that everyone contributes according to their abilities and receives according to their needs. But that is not the system I live in, so I have to do the best I can to make this system work for me. :icon_wink:
    Hey, count me in! Except I only want to contribute when I feel like it, but receive everything I want! (That' the real world you SCHMUCK!!) The system you want has already been tried - it's called COMMUN-ism! (Oh by the way, it didn't turn out so great!)

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

. Hell, I'd like to see us all living on communes such that everyone contributes according to their abilities and receives according to their needs. But that is not the system I live in, so I have to do the best I can to make this system work for me. :icon_wink:

Up until January 2009, I would say you are living in the wrong country for that.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Hey, count me in! Except I only want to contribute when I feel like it, but receive everything I want! (That' the real world you SCHMUCK!!) The system you want has already been tried - it's called COMMUN-ism! (Oh by the way, it didn't turn out so great!)
    Okay, this is going to have to be moved to the political section now. But jfyi, TRUE COMMUN-ism hasn't been tried. You SCHMUCK. True communism involves no government control of anything. Unfortunately, due to human nature, TRUE communism isn't achievable and due to human nature any various form of it that requires someONE or some GROUP to be in charge is unachieavable as well as demonstrated by your post.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

I may be wrong since i am not a history major, but I thought communisum as Brian described it was tried by the Jamestown colony and almost ended up in its complete collaspe until private ownership was introduced.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    I may be wrong since i am not a history major, but I thought communisum as Brian described it was tried by the Jamestown colony and almost ended up in its complete collaspe until private ownership was introduced.
    Actually, this is the communism I was describing. There are still those who practice it this way, and it seems to work pretty well for them. Unfortunately, because people are innately selfish and greedy, this kind of system doesn't work very well on a large scale.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Unfortunately, because people are innately selfish and greedy...
    It is not unfortunate. Humans would have never existed otherwise. Competition is natural and plays an important role in evolution.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    It is not unfortunate. Humans would have never existed otherwise. Competition is natural and plays an important role in evolution.
    I disagree.

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

FYI, there's talk of merging UNO and SUNO.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I disagree.
    Why? Even the most primative life forms competed for nourishment. Organisms that were most metabolically efficient or best adapted for survival in the environment won out over less efficient organisms when resources were scarce.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Okay, this is going to have to be moved to the political section now. But jfyi, TRUE COMMUN-ism hasn't been tried. You SCHMUCK. True communism involves no government control of anything. Unfortunately, due to human nature, TRUE communism isn't achievable and due to human nature any various form of it that requires someONE or some GROUP to be in charge is unachieavable as well as demonstrated by your post.
    Yea, it's even "unachieavable" for you to spell unachievable! I'm glad to see you included yourself in the group that shouldn't be in charge - you SCHMUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Yea, it's even "unachieavable" for you to spell unachievable! I'm glad to see you included yourself in the group that shouldn't be in charge - you SCHMUCK!
    You really want to start looking for typos in posts? I never claimed that communism should be the rule of the land, however, I've never claimed that I should be in charge as well. I simply pointed out that the TRUE SCHMUCK (you) didn't even realize that true communism hasn't EVER been tried, so not only displaying your ignorance as well as schmuckiness you've shown that your lack of ability to understand the meaning in content of one's post as well as your lack of understanding that a bulletin board isn't the place to scrutinize one's grammar includes you as one who shouldn't be in charge either. Nanny nanny boo boo.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

UNO failed to pass a student fee that was supposedly necessary to keep their athletics. I guess they'll drop athletics. They play D1 basketball and baseball in the belt (among other things, but no football).

Varsity Bulldog techboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her game

I don't think I have seen the word schmuck used so much in my life!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Why? Even the most primative life forms competed for nourishment. Organisms that were most metabolically efficient or best adapted for survival in the environment won out over less efficient organisms when resources were scarce.
    Well, as you know, that's not how I believe humans, and other life, came into existence. Now, as far as competition shaping life as it is now, I can agree with.

+ Reply to Thread